Lame-O Outdoor, 2019

sticky is as sticky does
So I'm just doing a small, half-assed outdoor this year, mainly to test a couple of cultivars that I've never run outside before. Here in New England, the weather reliably goes to shit by October 1st, so unless you own a greenhouse, you want plants that finish fairly early. I chose two that are fast starters in my indoor setup; hoping this will translate into early flowering outside. I'm hoping they start flowering by early August at the latest.

They look like crap because they got very rootbound, waiting to go outside. Now that they've been up-potted, they should look better in a week or two. I'll let them root into these little pots before a second up-potting to 5 gallon pots. That's as big as I'm gonna go, as "this is only a test."

Great White Shark on the left; Serious Seeds Bubble Gum on the right.

attachment.php

You legal EC, must be nice, they do not look to bad, nice structure on one on left, is that serious seed bubblegum?

A worth while project indeed and thanks for taking the time to share it with us Man...Good luck to you and your grow...take care n stay safe.

How big will they get in 5 gal pots in your neck of the woods ? Aloha

Last year's Jalalabad Stars were about 5 - 6 ft tall in the same size pot, but I don't expect these two to get over 3 - 4 ft. They are both short and squat phenos. But as I said, I've never run either of them outdoors before, so who knows?

You legal EC, must be nice, they do not look to bad, nice structure on one on left, is that serious seed bubblegum?

"Legal" here means two plants outdoors.

That is indeed a Serious Seeds Bubble Gum, an IBL of the Indiana Bubble Gum clone. She reeks of sweetness.

The GWS is from la bud, I think he got seeds from Greenhouse back in the day. I've held her for about 15 years or so, and never ran her outside, so...

Last edited:
Sweet. I'm half tempted to throw a couple on my deck and see how they turn out.

Got the rental agency making drive-by inspections regularly now because of the rent control law they just passed, hoping to evict people for whatever reason they can find.

Might make me decide to axe the idea. We really need to buy a house, lmao.

I am curious why ya don't jus plant em in the ground...thinkin you have some very nice, ideal soil in your area...actually curious why many don't jus plant in the ground? :dunno:

Portability. I can move a plant in a 5 gallon. Out of the wind, out of the rain, inside if we have a hurricane. And actually the soils here ain't so great, rocky and acidic (not like the river-deposited soils down in the CT River Valley). If I were going to plant in a hole in the ground, I'd fill it with a bag soil. Bumper Crop Growers Mix from Coast of Maine Organics is what I will use in the pots. Peat moss amended with WC, compost, kelp, guano, perlite, lime. I will feed that with mostly organics (have to be careful outdoors, fish emulsion and other animal products can attract critters that will dig up yer pots).

The GWS should do well for you outdoors . The BG is a toss up in the later months but since your in five gal buckets they will flower earlier then if they were in the ground

I actually have two Blue Diesel Auto's going in my back yard. Same as you, just a test run to see how they do outdoors.
Had to spray them with Neem oil cause of white flies, but other than that, they love the Fla. sun.

Best of luck with your outside grow Bro!

I actually have two Blue Diesel Auto's going in my back yard. Same as you, just a test run to see how they do outdoors.
Had to spray them with Neem oil cause of white flies, but other than that, they love the Fla. sun.

Best of luck with your outside grow Bro!

Thanks man! I bet you have hella pests in FL; here, most pests can't survive the winter, so we're more concerned with botrytis and pm.

I think we're actually allowed 4 "immature" plants as well... but as far as I know, only two can be flowering at a time. It's lame, and a product of politricks. And they're still busting people they think are producing for the black market, using police state BS like airborne IR surveillance and subpoenas of electric bills. Some things never change! :(

Here's a drying indoor Bubble Gum. She didn't stretch AT ALL, so I ended up with this little bush.

attachment.php

Hoping I can get the outdoor girl to stretch a bit and grow some nice branches...

Well, off to a lame-o start: I forgot to bring them in last night and they got an inch+ of rain. That'll screw up my feeding schedule a bit! ;) But hey, it's an experiment, right? ;)

I love old strains, growing Bubblegum in the closet brings back memories, I never tried her outdoors.
Miss having her in my stable.
Going to keep an eye on this thread :popcorn:

Not a lot to report, as it has been cool and mostly rainy here. They are looking happy, the GWS is growing some branches... but the BG is still stuck in slo-mo. I'm waiting til it warms up a bit before I feed them again, but they are going to get a good dose of N next time.

Back