Krusty Bucket with lava hydro.

I miss Krusty`s threads. Lots of good info IMO and top quality entertainment also. If someone has these missing picks it would be nice to have them posted back up please.
GO

5 gal bucket within another bucket on top[with a lot of drilled holesn in it bottom and sides for drainage] of a tiny bucket to lift it up

air pump and air stone

2" of nutes in bottom[shallow water culture]

3/4" drain 2" up[i reccommned 1"+]

running 24/7 small diameter nute line..

lava,hydrotroncoco[krusty only liked lava]

check for roots running up lines after three weeks or so..

simple..yields big..epic

gotta put em up on something[cinder block,10" wooden platform] so it will drain back to the res

thats the whole deal

Thanks melon. Sounds KISS.

Only tricky thing I can see is finding a large volume low profile reservoir. What did you use?

Melon,
Nuther question. Why do you need 2 buckets? What's the purpose of the inner bucket with all the holes?

edit: I guess it allows you to rotate and move the plants around.

Last edited:
so that it can be removed,roots can grow out bucket holes, and the inner bucket sits on somthing to lift it off the first bucket which is the drain bucket, so there is aspace for the roots to go, one substrate filled bucket woud not drain so well

Kind of a bigger version of a recirculating water farm, made pre DWC ready mades.

He also did vertical lighting. He grew massive plants with each plant surrounded by naked 600's or 1k's. Big cost, but big yield with less plants. He grew large bushes.

can anyone link me to the Krusty buckets (with pictures) thread?? i am trying to get a setup going using them, and have had some issues finding the old threads(with pics) the old ones are there, just no pics...

any info is appreciated also ;)

Back