Kinda bummed with these seeds

I need some wisdom so I hate spending so much on seeds that have problems 1 certain strain out of many Crack have a good tap root but the shell will not come off or even open up that good the first 1 I waited and waited till it just died so same thing happen to the 2nd one so I tried to assist a little and it just broke off as soon as I touched it all other beans worked just fine 1 certain strain witch I only bought 3 seeds of so I got 1 left any thoughts method I let soak in ro water for 24hrs then into a paper towel and in a sandwich baggie till there a nice tap root so 1 day in water then 2 or 3 days in towel

Last edited:
They way I germinate seeds is pretty simple and I always get 100% success rate.

Step 1: fill a cup with cold tap water.

Step 2: throw your beans in the water:IMG_1903.jpeg

Step 3: do not disturb the water (you don't want the seeds to sink / you want them to float so they get BOTH air & water)

Step 4: wait til they germinate and they start shedding their seed coats (sometimes you have to get a toothpick and carefully remove (scrape off) the seed coat yourself, but they are still perfectly plantable). I like to wait until tap roots are about 1-1/2” long before I plant them.
IMG_0244.jpeg

Step 5: remove the (floating) germinated seedlings from the water and plant them in your media with cotyledon leaves above ground.
IMG_2032.jpeg

Step 6: let them grow

IMG_2160.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1903.jpeg
    IMG_1903.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
The pictures you posted of the seeds in the water with the tap root coming out is what they looked like when I put them in the soil and they started coming up out of soil but that darn shell would not come off so I waited buy the time I went to help it it was to late so I cracked a 2nd 1 and samething got jack up trying to get that seed shell off I only got 1 more California sour diesel left I guess I gotta try something different but that way always worked for me I appreciate the help brother

The pictures you posted of the seeds in the water with the tap root coming out is what they looked like when I put them in the soil and they started coming up out of soil but that darn shell would not come off so I waited buy the time I went to help it it was to late so I cracked a 2nd 1 and samething got jack up trying to get that seed shell off I only got 1 more California sour diesel left I guess I gotta try something different but that way always worked for me I appreciate the help brother
And just want to add my Carmel creams popped right up no problem lol

Back