Kali Mist

MyDBear

Not so Grumpy today
The seeds that I am starting on this grow Have been in the freezer for 17 years, been wanting to grow the SSH out for a long time, and the KM again.

3-30=23 3 kali mist seeds were put in paper towel to sprout. These were the last 3 seed I have from 2001.
4 super silver haze were put in paper towels to sprout. These were from Mr. nice in 2000. The seed was from this time. I didn't get them until 2006. I sprouted some of the KM in 2006 and put the rest of them, and a 10 pack of SSH I got off of Pin at CSC in the deep freeze un till later. Well later is here.

3-31-23 2 of the KM sprouted and 1 SSH sprouted and these were planted.

4-2-23 3 more of the SSH sprouted and were planted.

4-6-23 2 KM have broke soil and 3 SSH have broke soil.

4-25-23 The two KM are doing great and need to be transplanted to their final home. The SSH is doing good also, the one SSH plant is doing the best out of all the plants. The other two had some spots on the first leaves that came out, these were cut off today. All plants were feed we will see how they react to it. One of the SSH didn't break soil and didn't make it.

5-4-23 The two KM were transplanted to 3 gallon pots on the 28th and today they were sexed. The canna gods were with me on this, one male and one lady. (seed run). The SSH needs to be transplanted. I have access to a grow tent that will hold two of the three, the other one will have to go out side when the weather breaks. The SSH still needs to be sexed no preflowers yet. This KM came from Simon at serious seeds back in 2001,well they actually came from Buggsy, but they were from the same stock that won the cannabis cup in 2000. I'm very excited over this grow, These were the last seeds that I had stashed in a freezer for 17 years. I think I'm having a PH problem with the SSH They had spots on the first set of leaves and spots on the second set as well. I think it was the cheep ass peat moss stuff I used to grow the seedlings out. A good feeding seemed to help a little, but they need transplanted reel bad.

Pics were added to the folder Kali Mist. They and other pics will be added to this thread as hyper links later on.

5-8-23 The SSH still aint showing preflowers. Its only five weeks. The KM on the other hand is doing great. See Pic. (Kali Mist male-L female-R 5 weeks). As I said, the canna gods are with me on this one. What are the odds of having three KM seeds in a freezer for 17 years, have all three sprout, and one not break the soil. The other two grew fine and turned out to be a male and female. The canna gods are telling me to make a SEED RUN. For now these two stay together. If I get a female SSH I'll put the females together and keep the males separate and bring their pollen to the females as needed.

5=9=23 The SSH were wilted, all three. They were watered yesterday but were dry as hell this morning. I gave them a good drink and will check on them in a few hours. The KM is doing great. The lady is getting preflowers just about every where. And the males lil bananas where starting to yellow so I took a pair of tweezers and castrated him. Every place they were growing and starting to grow I removed them. Don't need any of that shit going on right now. The KM was also watered and feed. Its been a few hours and all three have pumped up and doing as they were doing. The larger SSH was transplanted to a much larger pot than a beer cup. And she was getting root bound, see pic. (SSH 1 rootbound). Another thing I noticed when I looked at the SSH through the camera I could see the fans yellowing but the naked eye I couldnt.see pic. (SSH potted up yellow leaves) so I gave her a good feeding when I watered her in to her new home.

5-12-23 The SSH still isn't showing preflowers yet. But I am seeing some mutation in SSH 2. The lateral on the 5th node isn't growing from the petiole its growing out of the stem above it see pic. (SSH 2 mutant lat). And the top looks like it might go whirle taxamony. see pic. (SSH 2 whirle tax). All the whirles that I ever had were females, but these aint showing yet. There is a preflower in the one pic and Im thinking a male but its to early for me to tell just yet. I'm having a change of mind on how I am going to add the SSH to my KM grow. I wanted to do a seed run with Kali Mist mainly because I didn't have any more seed of this batch. I was also thinking about adding the SSH to KM and see if it would work better than the Jack Herer did, but this SSH don't look worthy. Back to the Kali Mist, this seed run will happen. Both plants are robust and very healthy. I have the male KM in front of a sliding glass door sitting on the floor and he is loving it. The female is in her cabinet under CFL's and she is loving it too but not as much as the male is. So here is my new plan. I'm going to take a few cuts off the female, I'm going to put the male and the female outside to grow old together. The cuts will root in about two weeks and they will go in the cabinet. That will be about the end of May. They will veg for about a month, that will be about the end of June. Then they will get flipped and flower for about 10 weeks or so, and finish up maybe mid September while the two out side are in full seed making mode, and might not be done till October. I'll be smoking bud a month early. . 4 cuts of the KM was taken today. Within two week they will be rooted. I've noticed the last time I grew this plant out it reacted to the light very quicky. This KM is the exact same way.
Plants are able to turn towards the sun because of a process called phototropism. This is because they contain a hormone called auxin, which accumulates on the side of the plant that isn’t exposed to sunlight. The plants lean because of a phenomenon called differential growth, where the cells on the “dim” side of the stem grow faster than the cells on the “bright” side. The result is that the plant bends toward the light source. In other words this plant clones very easy.

5-13-23 4 cuts of KM were taken from the two lowest nodes on the plant. I didnt notice it at first, but the one cut is a frecking whirl. see pic. (KM clone whirl). I'll have to keep an eye on this one once she roots, and see if it continues up the stem. The male is doing Great sucking up the suns rays. His top two nodes have stretched twice as much as they were growing under lights, and the female is going to join him in another week or so. Then the clones can take over the cabnet for a month and flower for 2-1/2.

5-19-23 The KM female out grew her cabnet and was put beside the male in the sun. Within 15 min. her top was bending towards it. They both will go outside this week end. If I would have kept her there she would have to be bent over and tied down. That would have locked her in there with no place to put the clones. The KM cuts are still green after 6 days and that's good. I keep the soil moist and keep them misted looking for the first signs of new growth. The SSH is just starting to show preflowers and I think its a male. I might grow him out to collect some pollen, or put him out side with one of the clones and have a hybrid cross with KM & SSH. not sure yet. What I am sure of is that this KM is stable with no other phenos showing out of this seed batch.

5-21-23 Both male and female KM were put out in the deep woods to open pollenate. I also put out the best deer repellant that I know of, (a dirty, sweety, smelly tee shirt, layed on the ground and Lighty covered with leaves). Deer wont come with in 100 yards. The male SSH is in the cabinet right now veging. The other two SSH were cut, they were scrawny, twisted up and just not worth the time. The other SSH is not to bad. He's half the size as the KM but has nice structure and is healthy. I think I'm going to cross him with one of the KM clones. That lets me with two clones to flower in the cabinet and one clone to keep as a mother.

6-1-23 The SSH that I kept, out grew his cabnet and was taken out of it and put in the sun today. I hadnt planed on keeping him inside anyway. I wanted to keep an eye on him to see how he grew.And he grew just fine. Very sativa, open air structure with nice lats. just like the KM. I never grew out this plant and even though its phenotopic look is the same as KM. Its genotopic expressions are very different than KM. So Im going to roll the dice on this one (kali Mist X Super Silver Haze) Mystic Haze hybred. They both have an uplifting high and Im looking for that. If the canna gods stay with me, I should have two seed runs this summer.

6-4-23 Checked on the KM today and they needed a drink. The male was a lil wilted, but the famale was doing much better. Both pots were a lil dry and its been 3 days since last watering. The sun has been blazing this week very high UV and it sucks the moisture right out of the soil. As I was checking out the male he has pollen sacks that were opened witch is ok thats what hes there for. Just seems a lil early. Could have been his preflowers. Then there was something else I noticed about him, he has one of his lower lats is growing into a whirle taxomony. Just like the female, only I took her lower lats to clone. I talked about this 20 some years ago when I got my first whirle, but I didnt have anything to cross with them, now I do and like before I wounder if that mutation could be locked? I beleave these two plants came from the same seed lot and the both carry the gene for whirle even if it is in just one branch and all the rest of the plant is normal its still there. And being that both parents carry this mutation even on a small scale. I feel that it can be locked in their offspring. Or cut that lat off the male and clone it. Then cross the male whirle clone with the female whirle clone. The 4 cuts I took of the female, not all are doing good. One is still very green and looks just like the day I cut it just no sign of new growth yet. Two are still green but lost some of its leaf material. And one lost all its leaf material except its top not and its still green. But no sign of new growth in any of them. And Im thinking that its all my fault. Normally I keep every cut misted very often through out a 24 hour period, and keep the soil a lil on the damp side, and with the temps 75-80, probly closer to 80. And they usually root in two to three weeks showing new growth. Well I have been a little bit lax in the misting department and I think its showing. Oh, and the cut that still looks good, is the whirle.

6-12-23 The KM cuts are doing so-so. The whirle and another cut is showing some slight signs of new growth but nothing definite yet. One cut has woke up and is growing good, will need to get this one transplanted to its final pot in a couple of weeks after its got a good root mass. I will just have to keep misting, keep the soil moist and the temps up and hope the other two pull through. This is what happens when you don't do what is needed in the beginning. Even if I just get this one clone, I can take some cuts from her and if they root I still have some time left in the fall to collect some pollen from the SSH and cross to one of these KM ladies. I'm also going to put a wick watering system on the plants that are outside, it gets tiering haling water every few days. I hooked one up on a small mimosa tree in a three gal. pot a week or so back to see how long it would take to use the gal. of water. And there is still about a half gal. left and the soil is nice and damp. I think the plants that are outside are going to get a wick watering system.

6-15-23 Good news and BAD news! Bad news first, I went to check on the out side plants today haling water to hook up the wick system. They weren't there as I got close I could see the pots laying on their sides, and the plants were in bad shape but nothing broken cept one lat on the male and it was the whirle, not broke off but supper cropped, I propped it up with another lat.. Some dirt was dug out of the females pot and they both were very dry. I'm thinking they were flipped over a few days ago, before we got all this rain the last two days. I don't think it was rippers as they were still there just flipped over on their sides. Some animal got curious. I thought I had that covered with the smelly tee shirt. Apparently that don't work too well with some animals. I used what water I brought to fix up one plant and went back home to get more water and some dirt. Put about a gal. of dirt in the pot and watered real good. Hooked up the wick systems to both pots and had to prop up the female and untangle her lats. The good news is their still there, I just have to give them a few days to perk back up. The male SSH is doing good as he is no where near the KM lady but I hooked up a wick system for him too. The female and male KM are only about 20 feet apart and the female down wind from the male. I thought this would give good pollination. The SSH male I am going to collect pollen from him and bring that back to one of the KM clones.

6-16-23 One cut/now clone, has taken off running after one month of sitting in a beer cup. She was transplanted to a 3 gal. pot and will sit in her cabinet until flip. see pic (KM C1) The other two are still procrastinating a lil bit but there are some signs of new growth in the top not. see pic (KM C1 whirl).

6-28-23 Its been 12 days and the KM clone has tripled in size see pic. (KM C1 2). Her branching has gone from opposite to alternate telling me she is ready to flower. So I will flip her on the 1st of July, that will give her 14 days of veging. That seems a lil soon, but she is ready. The KM C1 whirl and the runt have rooted and are taking off so I need to get these out of their beer cups and into pots as soon as I can. see pic. (KM C1 whirl&runt), (KM C1 whirl 2), (KM C1 top). The out side plants are doing good the KM male is getting lots of pollen sacks, but the KM female hasn't really started to flower yet. Her branching has gone to alternate also, so I don't think it will be to much longer until she starts to flower. The SSH male hasn't started to flower yet either. That might work to my benefit as I'm thinking of crossing him with the runt, as she is taking her good old time growing. The whirl clone will be crossed with the whirl lateral left on the outside KM male to see if the whirl trait can be locked.

6-30-23 I jumped ahead 1 day, today will be the first day of 12/12 for the inside KM. The other two will be transplanted to 3 gallon pots this evening, but they wont be put on 12/12 just yet. I want to let them veg for a little bit so I can take more cuts to keep this plant going through the winter. Then start some seed in the spring and see if the kids are any thing like their parents. The whirl is staying with 3 petioles per node but the lateral branches growing from them are growing normal. I took a quick look at the SSH and still no sign of flowering either way. Seems like I got one of those late flowering hazes. and its pushing 6 feet. The outside KM is an easy 5 feet. And I figure by the end of July she will be in full flower. If memory serves me, The last time I grew KM outside that's about the time she was in full flower and finished up towards the end of October maybe the 3rd or 4th week.

7-7-23 One week into flower and I had to put in the grate for her to grow up through and tie her down. Gona have to SGROG this one LOL. The canopy should fill in nice in 11 weeks. The other two clones (the whirl and the runt are doing good, the whirl is under 24-0 to give it more veg time and the runt is under natural day light. The whirl had some bushy under growth that I cleaned up. There was a small lateral about 2 inches long that I cut off. Yep, its in the cloning cabinet to see if it will root. if it does it will go outside and start to flower and maybe get dusted (more seed).The runt I have plans on her getting crossed with the SSH (more seed). There is something about this Haze Hybrid that has my attention. Since I never grew this one out before, maybe its just the newness. What ever it is I like his smell (very spicy) and I like his structure. Kind of like a Christmas tree shape with open growth and long lats. Just the way the KM is LOL. Took water out to the outside plants today and I'm glad I did. The male was wilted a little and his gallon jug was M-T. So I replaced his water jug plus gave him a quick drink. I also removed all the fans that were yellow, they stood out really obvious, and had to go. The female was doing good no wilt and no yellow leaves so to speak of. I replaced her water jug also.

7-14-23 Two weeks into flower and the inside clone is doing good. She is growing up through the grate and being tied down. The whirl and the runt is doing good also and still on natural day light. Things wont naturally flip until around sept.25 then it will be a natural 12-12. The SSH growing out side looks like the Columbian I tried to grow in the 70's. It is close to 8 feet tall and no real sign of flowering yet. I need to take some cuts of this plant just in case it is needed.

7-15-23 Three cuts were taken off of the SSH. I'll root these out and through them in to flower right away and find out just what it is. Should have did this a couple months ago, but nooo I thought it would through preflowers at 6-8 weeks but not this one. I did find one preflower and it looked male to me. Now I'm having second thoughts. I also measured the SSH at 7'4"

7-21-23 Three weeks into flower and every thing is going good. The little cut I took from the whirl has rooted, and the three cuts I took of the SSH, two didn't make it and one is struggling.

7-22-23 Its confirmed, the SSH is a male. I took a tape measure with me this time he is 7'4" and his internodes are any where from 3 to 4 inches between them. Not much of a stretch but he is tall, and just starting to get nanners. I seen one single swelled nanner hanging from a lateral towards the top and I took it. Nanner was put on a lil mirror and broke open and the pollen just fell out. I picked some up with a little brush and dusted a cluster of flowers on the KM C1. This will give me a few seed of the hybrid I want. I have a KM clone, KM C1 runt set a side just for that but under natural light she don't have any flowers yet and this was just a test. the rest of the KM C1 that is flowering inside will be unpollinated. I just couldn't help it. There was a female 3 weeks into flower with nice little colas, and a male nanner that just broke open. I just had too. LOL. As I said in the beginning of this log this grow will be about two grows a Kali Mist and a Supper Silver Haze. The reason being is I need to revamp my Mystic line, and here is how I will do it. Kinda LOL. This time it will be for me not my brother in-law. The original Mystic was Kali Mist X Jack Herer. This time it will be the sister of the original Kali Mist and Super Silver Haze that has just about the same lineage as Jack Herer. Herer is the lineage of Jack. HZ C male produced 5Hz1 which won a Cup or 2, this was a daughter of NL5 which won a cup. 5Hz1 when crossed with Sk1x HzC produced Silver Haze which won a Cup. Ben renamed it Jack Herrer. The original Jack Herer cutting was a selected NL5xHzC X SK1HZC
High Times about the lineage: While Sensi say the exact lineage is a closely-guarded secret, it is accepted that Jack Herer is a 3-way hybrid of Skunk #1, Northern Lights #5 and Haze. The precise lineage is probably Haze x [Northern Lights #5 x (Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1)] which suggests that Sensi began by selecting a male from their NL5 x SK1 seed line (AKA Shiva Skunk) and backcrossing him to the NL5 female cutting. As Sensi purchased Neville's breeding plants, they had both the Haze A and C males, so it is likely that they then chose a female NL5 x (NL5xSK1) plant and pollinated it with one of the Haze males to create Jack Herer., this would make Jack 50% Haze, 37.5% NL5 and 12.5% SK1. This gives Jack Herer a similar composition to Super Silver Haze and Mango Haze which are 50% Haze, 25% NL5 and 25% SK1.

7-28-23 Four weeks into flower and things are doing good. The canopy is filling in a little each week. see pic. The two lower bud sites that I pollenated with SSH, the pestles are just starting to shrivel. see pic (KM X SSH cross 1) Thats tells me that there might be some seed at that bud site. I checked on the outside KM, and the female is doing good, but no real flowering yet. Her single preflowers are swollen like they have a seed in there, but nothing definite. The male is fully flowered out and his pollen sacks are open and look M-T. There are more pollen sacks growing at the tips of the branches see pic (KM outside unopened pollen) but most have open. I took a few tips of some branches about 4 to 6 inches long and brought them in to see if there was any pollen available and there was. see pic (KM outside pollen) I use a mirror to collect my pollen on. I have a mirror that is about 8- or 10-inches square. I tap the pollen sacks that are still on the branch on the mirror and if there is any pollen it falls in little piles see pic (KM outside pollen drop) and scraped up with a razor blade. Remove ALL plant material for storage as this holds moisture and that is not good for pollen. I let these branch tips set for a few more hours and taped them again and more pollen fell, scraped it up and put it in a little plastic bag with some desiccant silica gel beads see pic. (KM Pollen) and in the freezer for later use if needed. I will use this KM pollen to brush on some other lower branches on the inside KM C1. This will give me three or four seed sites on the inside grow. (KM X SSH), (KM X KM). This is mostly a test to see if the pollen is good. (rolls eyes) And if it is,(rolls eyes again). I should get a few seed from each site. These branches below the canopy won't get any nice colas but they will grow a few seed. The branches were labeled so there won't be any confusion come harvest. The canopy I want to keep seedless. I put the other two clones outside to let them flip natural. One the KM C1 runt to be crossed with SSH, and the other KM C1 whirl to KM. I will also take a few cuts from these and try to keep her through the winter. I will also try to collect some pollen from the SSH for later use.

8-1-23 Four cuts were taken off the two outside clones, and labeled KM C2. see pic. (KM CL2) these should be plenty to get through the winter. The inside KM C1 is doing great buds are filling in the canopy, and seed are growing below it. The KM X SSH cross is 10 days in and forming nice seed see pic. (KMXSSH 10days 1) These should be ripe and ready in three to four weeks. I'm going to count the days. The KM X KM is 5 days in and starting to form seed see pic. (KMXKM 5 days 1).The outside males have me concerned. The KM male flowered very early and the SSH flowered late. My concern is that the KM male will be done when the female is getting started. There for Im going to have to collect more KM pollen just to be on the safe side.

8-4-23 Five weeks into flower and every thing is doing good. I noticed that the stretch has stopped at four weeks. Now the buds and colas are growing larger. I've been thinking about this for some time now. (KMXJH- F1)X(KMXSSH- F1)= Mystic. The Mystic line was never finished do to bad breeding selections and life, but the project still goes on. I wanted true F1's to start the Mystic cross and I didn't know and don't know what filial generation of the KM, JH, or the SSH is. They could have been any thing from a F1 to what ever. By making a cross of KM with JH the seeds will be true F1's, and the same with the cross of KM x SSH. Then cross these two crosses, I think the fathers JH and SSH have very close genetics and will blend nice. And the KM mothers of these two crosses are sisters and they will blend very nice. In short I want to make two hybrid lines and cross them two make one line. I did a stem rub on the inside KM and it got a spicy musky thing going on. Then I did a bud squeeze and the smell was sweet and berry. Wont really know until cure. 7 more weeks!

8-11-23 Checked the inside KM and the lower fans below the canopy was wilted, gave a good drink and will check on her in a few hours. I was going to water her yesterday and didn't. Every thing above the grate was fine. The seed on the lower buds are still forming. The KMXSSH is 20 days in and the KMXKM is 15 days in. I'll let the seeded bud go until the end of the month and I'll check them out. A couple hours went by and the leaves perked right up. The colas above the grate are swelling and getting frosty. Some of the pistils are turning rust color and more white ones are stacking on. Six weeks into flower. The out side KM female still isn't in full flower but seems to be starting. I took a close look at her flowers and they look like their in the first week. There is also some swollen calyxes not many but a few that have seed in them. The male looks to be just about done, he is starting to yellow and open pollen sacks every where. But looks are deceiving, I took a close look at him too. There are a lot of open spent pollen sacks, but there are even more that are growing and unopened. This male is a pollen producing machine. I cut some more branch tops about 8 inches long and will collect some more pollen from him just in case he finishes up before the female gets started. Then I can use this pollen and what I have already collected to pollenate her when she is ready. and, by the way he is producing more pollen sacks I don't think that will happen now. I collected about a half a tea spoon of pollen this time. I also took off all the yellow leaves. The SSH on the other hand is just starting some more pollen sacks towards the top with no pollen sacks on the lower lats yet. The log I made on 8-4-23 was How I had planed on making mystic, but can no longer use the KMXJH cross, I need to come up with another suitable male with a simalier profile as JH and SSH seems to be the one for the job, or not. wont know till I grow out the f1's. So for now I will work with the KMXSSH cross and see if I like it, I have a feeling I will very much, I also have the feeling the F1's will have the shorter flowering time of the two. The KM is 10-12 weeks and the SSH is 8-10 weeks. This will put them late October mid November, November is not good for the 40th parallel outside. Who knows, The SSH might Bring the KM down to 10 weeks and this would be doable at the 40th.

8-14-23 Checked on the out side KM female and male. The male was visible from a long way off this time, all you seen was a tower of yellow in a green under growth. This was taken care of the first thing. All the yellow leaves were taken off, and pollen falling all over my hands and arms. Then we go to the female and her flowers are doing nice, looks like about a week maybe two into flowering and I had to check every thing out. Doing everything your absolutely not supposed to do on a inside grow or any grow you don't want SEED. In my inspection of flower growth I seen those swollen pre-flower cylaxs and took one off to bring home to check it out. see pic. (KM preflower seed). and (KM preflower seed 1). I checked on the SSH, still no pollen sacks on the lats, and a few I can just make out in the top, I'll need a step ladder to see what's really going on. He is still all green and growing great. He's just being a haze and taken his good ole time.

8-18-23 7 weeks into flower, and things are looking good inside. The outside SSH was a lil wilted in the top, The gallon jug on his wick was empty. So I waited till dark and took two Gallon out to him. Replaced the one for his wick and put about half gallon from the other in the pot. I'll check on him tomorrow to see how he is doing. The out side KM male is just about done, I'll let him go until he is. The female is seeding up and has about 2 months to go, I'm shooting for the end of October. The whirl clone is flowering good and I will hit her with some of the KM pollen I collected. The runt clone is also in flower and I will hit her with some pollen from the SSH when he is ready and gives it up.

8-19-23 Checked on the out side male and female KM, the males leaves what were left are all yellow. I cut a couple branch tips off to bring home to see how much more pollen is there. I think he is done with just a few pollen sacks left to open. I also took the pollen out of the freezer that I first collected on 7-28-23 to let it thaw out, and this evening I will dust the whirl clone as she is starting to stack flowers, looks to be about the 3rd or 4th week. The out side KM female is getting loaded with swollen cylaxes and I got another preflower seed. Thats 3 seeds, 7 more and I will have the 10 pack I started with 17 years ago. Thanks Buggsy!

8-22-23 Checked on the SSH and took a four foot ladder with me this time. I got two of the upper branches about 8 inches long and full of unopened pollen sacks with a few that are yellow and ready to pop. This boy is a tall one. I had to get on the third rung and the top was still taller than my head I had to reach to get these. If this plant was in a larger pot it could get huge. Hès tall now and only in a three gallon. The pollen sacks that have some yellow in them I will pull them off and open them so I can use that pollen tomorrow, and waite for the rest to ripen up. I have the pollen stems each in a aqua tube placed over glass. The pollen falls on the glass and I scrape it up. This is the last of the pollination I had planed for this year. One pure strain ( KM ), and one hybrid ( KMXSSH ) I also wanted a pure SSH but I didn't get any lady's, maybe next year.. The wheels are in motion, its just a waiting game now. Here is a pic of a branch on the KM out side. (KM outside seeded). A few hours later I got this Suprise, see pic. (SSH pollen drop) I didn't expect them to pop so soon, but they did and we have pollen. Now I wont have to open them. I'll just collect it, put it in a lil baggie and take it to the awaiting female. I collected enough pollen to do about 95% of the flowers and then the lil baggie was M-T. I'll check it in a week and see if any of the pistles are drying up. Then I'll dust the flowers again on the new pistles and that should be good for making enough seed for me to work with. The rest of the SSH pollen will go in the freezer for later use along with the KM pollen. The couple of buds I pollenated on the in side KM is 31 days in the making. I see brown but I'm going to let them go until harvest at 12 weeks on 9-22-23, and this being a clone it might just finish up a week or so early, maybe 10-11 weeks. I like to harvest when the trics are all cloudy with a few amber.

8-23-23 The male KM was chopped this morning and his pot will be used for the next clone coming up. Remember that little 2 inch cut I took back on 7-7-23 she will go into that pot and be flowered next in line. The 4 KM cuts I took on 8-1-23, two have rooted and are growing good, and two are still green but no new growth yet. Seams like every cut I took this year has taken 3 and mostly 4 weeks to root and start growing. The SSH cuts I have over glass has dropped more pollen, and I will collect that, with a lot more to collect.

8-25-23 8 weeks in to flowering on the inside KM, and a bud sniped for sampling. The smell is sweet, and tropical fruity, berry thing going on. Checked on the out side KM and got 6 more pre flower seeds. Her flowers are stacking nicely with seed, cant waite till harvest. The out side clones, KM CL1 whirl and KM CL1 runt are doing good. Their pistles are starting to dry up. I'll look for any seed formation in a week or so. Looks like the two males have served their purpose, The SSH is still growing very strong, no yellowing, very healthy looking, very tall 8-9 feet. With lats growing from bottom to top. I'll collect some more pollen off of him this week. I'm going to let him grow until he is done and see what time of the year it is. The KM male finished up by the end off august, I thought that was a little fast. I cant waite to grow out the KM little ones to see if they are like their parents.

8-27-23 Checked on the out side clones today. The KM CL1 whirl is doing good her flowers are stacking and it looks like some seed might be in there. The KM CL1 runt is doing the same except she is growing more flowers with white pistles showing, I'm going to take the SSH pollen I just collected and brush her again just to be sure she took. I really would like to have seeds of this cross, I have a good feeling about it. Done, the runt was fully hand pollenated from bottom to top every bud site that was growing new flowers was dusted, and some that weren't was dusted too, and I only used about half of what I collected. The two SSH cuts I took 5 days ago. They are doing great, they are growing as if they were still on the plant. I had to refill the tubes once after 3 days they were half way down. But the cuts are doing fantastic, pollen sacks are growing and opening on a daily bases. I'll keep these two for a week or two and then replace them with a couple of new cuts. The main outside KM is coming along very nice she is fully seeded with seed ripening all along her stems. I also got the tenth seed from preflowers. see pic. (KM preflower seed 2). This starts me off with the same ten pack I started with 17 years ago, so to speak.

8-30-23 Checked on all the ladys today. They all have heavy seed set. I even got 3 more preflower seeds. There were some yellowing in the lower fans that I removed from all the plants. The rest of the plants look lush green with seeded bud sites running the stems and a nice seeded top cola. Cept the main KM she got nocked over some time back and her top lats started to grow up while she was on her side. After I streightened her up these top lats grew as main stems, so now she has multable tops and well over 6 foot. The two clones are around 4 foot. Sampled some of the bud I took at 8 weeks after an air dry and no cure the fruity sweet thing has gone, theres a more spicy thing going on now. The high is not all that intence, it is nice and comes on in waves, it is there and its all in the head. I'm going to start looking at the trics and get a few macros. When they are mostly all cloudy with a few amber I'll harvest.

9-1-23 9 weeks into flowering. I checked out the trics on some buds and they are getting there. Looks to be about 75% cloudy. There might be one or two amber in there, but I need more cloudy and less clear, another week or two. see pic. (KM CL1 9wks). The out side lady's wont be ready until about the end of October. Maybe a little sooner since I am going for seed set instead of flower ripening. I am going to let them stay out as long as the weather lets me. They are still in pots so I can move them out of a killer frost if needed.

9-8-23 10 weeks into flowering. Just about every thing is cloudy now with a few clear and a few amber, the pistles are all but dried up, and I need the space for the next round of clones so Im going to harvest this sunday at 10 weeks. see pic. (KM CL1 10 weeks).

9-10-23 Harvested the KM CL1 this evening. I forgot how nice that felt. I especially like the trimming part. I get to do some real bud sniffing. Then comes the sticky fingers, and I got a ball of finger hash about 1/4 " in Dia. I'm not saving it either. The buds were some what tight, kind of fox tail but tight. I trim (pull off) the fans that are left and pull out the smaller fans in the buds. I let the sugar leaves, their full of trics and thats what we all like to smoke. Air dry for a week or two, more towards the two, and put in my M-T jars to cure. I also got some seed on some lower buds. Both buds were about pingpong ball size, maybe a lil smaller, but they were full of dark seed. I wont know how many there are untill the buds dry a lil and I squeeze them out. More finger hash. She just keeps giving. Even if I get a pack or two from each cross i'll be a head of the game. Then there are the three ladys out side that are fully loaded with seed, they should be ready by the end of oct. or sooner, hopefuly sooner. So far the canna gods are with me on this one, and I thank-um. And when those three are harvested, dryed, and seed colected, I'll thank-um again.

9-16-23 Checked on the out side plants and the two clones are pumping up. Flowers and seed are swelling, the plant from seed seems to be forming seed more than flower. Thats ok I want seed. Pulled a few more yellow leaves off, did some bud sniffing, and picked off a green swollen cylax, pulled the seed out to see if it was white or ripe, and it was very ripe looking. The day length for today is 12h 28' and will drop by two to three seconds per day untill the 26th-27th. Then it will be at 12h 2' - 11h 59'. After this natural flip the plants should start to ripen at a faster rate. Still shooting for around the end of Oct. The buds I harvested have been air drying for about a week now and I feel the need to have a sample. Still to wet to crumble up, either in a grinder, or your fingers. But a pair of sisors works great. First hit was not to bad, a lil harsh kinda spicy. The second hit is when the effects started to kick in, and there it was, that anxious feeling that you want to do something. Thats what I've been waiting for. Still to wet for the jar, maybe by the end of next week. I also checked on the little buds I pollenated with some SSH and they are dry enough to squeeze the seed out of them. One seed fell out as I was checking out the bud. I have a lil bag and a lable all ready. see pic (MH seed colecting). Out of that lil popcorn bud I got 16 nice seed. see pic. (MH seed colecting 1).

9-17-23 Out of the lower buds I pollenated with KM pollen. I got 57 nice dark, striped, pure KM seeds. see pic. (KM seed collecting).

9-19-23 Buds have been drying for 10 days they are crispy on the outside but nice and pliable, so today will be the first day in the jar. I'll know in a few hours if it was to soon.

9-20-23 The jar was opened and the bud wasn't too wet at all. I'll let the lid off for a few hours and reseal.

9-25=23 Been burping a jar for about a week and their coming along nicely. Still a little bit moist in the centers. I want a semi dry pliable clean through, then I don't have to worry about mold setting in while their sealed in long term. Checked on the out side girls and they are looking just about ready. They might be harvested by the end of the month or the first week in Oct. The two clones look more ready than the plant from seed. And the two clones are showing more yellowing than the plant from seed. If I harvest anything first it would be the clones. This moves the harvest window ahead a few weeks, I like that.

10-1-23 checked on the plants and I think this week end will be harvest. Some of the cylxs are drying up and the seed is splitting out of them and those seed are ripe. Supposed to be realy nice this week, sunshine, in the 70's. Saterday rain, so I think I'll harvest friday the 6th, give them one more week of nice weather. The smoke is getting alot better, took some out of the jar and ground it up. The taste was spicy and there was that delayed cough after exhale. The ash was clean and white. The high is still a good daytime smoke.

10-6-23 Both KM were harvested, trimed and hung to dry. The KM X SSH was harvested, trimed and hung to dry in a different place so the seed wont get mixed up. Got a nice 1/4" ball of finger hash that I will injoy this evening. All three plants had a small bud that had mold from all this rain. From here on out the weather gets colder and wetter so to day was a good day to harvest. This grow was a success. I got bud in my jars, all the KM seed I will ever need, all the KMXSSH seed I will need, and clones for more bud. Again Thank You Canna Gods!.

11-17-23 Two more KM clones were harvested this evening at 10 weeks. The soil was depleated of nuts. and the fans were yellowing down to the buds, and I wasnt going to feed at this stage. It realy seems that clones will mature about two weeks earlier than seeded plants. Plus I have two more clones to take their place.

11-21-23 The last two clones were transplanted to three gal pots. These clones where KM CL3. Im going to veg these two for a week or two on 18-6. then flip to flower. I have a CL2 that I cut the roots back, and the top growth to make a bonzi mother to take cuts from. These will be the last KM that I flower this year, The temps are getting to cold to take cuts for clones so a mother will give me cuts, later when needed. Next years grow will be the mystic haze. Ill start them end of march and put them out end of may.

11-24-23 The plants that were harvested on 10-6 were put in a jar today.

Last edited:
Wow Kali mist was one I always wanted to try back in those same years. The pictures in the catalog had me drooling. Will be following this closely. I think Im as excited as you are for this.

Kali Mist is a classic! Very Sativa. Needs a longer run than most of the Indica-heavy players of today; 80 days of 12/12.

Wow Kali mist was one I always wanted to try back in those same years. The pictures in the catalog had me drooling. Will be following this closely. I think Im as excited as you are for this.

LOL nobody is more excited than I. I'm even having panic attacks over this one. LOL. This lot of KM had a special place in my sole. She was the back bone and mother to my Mystic.

Kali Mist is a classic! Very Sativa. Needs a longer run than most of the Indica-heavy players of today; 80 days of 12/12.

Yes she does, I like her to go 12 weeks. 10 weeks is when I start nipping at it. LOL. Years ago I took some at 8 weeks because the wife dont smoke and in no way can she take the expantion. I took some buds off and quick dried them. She was able to smoke that and it took her off of depression meds. Great stuff.

Last edited:
Really fun seed run! Congrats and good luck. Takes me way back! Seem to recall a topic regarding “pre-2000 KM vs post-2000 KM”. But that was a long long time ago so I could be way off.

I’m any case it’s super cool you kept them and got them to pop! I hold beans that old and to be honest I’m afraid to try some of them for fear they won’t pop and then I won’t even have “hope”, they’ll just be gone. Weird I know. But those of us who grew way back to pre internet know what it was like to acquire and grow solid genetics. So old bean hoarding can be somewhat understood.

Anyway keep us updated and definitely make a ton of beans!
Fh

Way back when, someone sent me a sample of one or two KM crosses. I sure liked the highs. As i recall, it seemed rather 'woody' and tended to burn 'hot' on the throat, but i liked the high so much...

Glad to see you getting those going.

Really fun seed run! Congrats and good luck. Takes me way back! Seem to recall a topic regarding “pre-2000 KM vs post-2000 KM”. But that was a long long time ago so I could be way off.

I’m any case it’s super cool you kept them and got them to pop! I hold beans that old and to be honest I’m afraid to try some of them for fear they won’t pop and then I won’t even have “hope”, they’ll just be gone. Weird I know. But those of us who grew way back to pre internet know what it was like to acquire and grow solid genetics. So old bean hoarding can be somewhat understood.

Anyway keep us updated and definitely make a ton of beans!
Fh

Hey FH glad ya popped in. When I first got this strain, I did all the research I could to find out just what I had. Because I was on a mission. I found info on this strain that you probably can't find today, I think most of it was taken down. I still have it on a flash drive. I'll post it in the Strain section for you and others to read. Don't be afraid to sprout old seed, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Way back when, someone sent me a sample of one or two KM crosses. I sure liked the highs. As i recall, it seemed rather 'woody' and tended to burn 'hot' on the throat, but i liked the high so much...

Glad to see you getting those going.

Hey NM long time, not to sure what yer KM was crossed with, but this one has a spicy taste and a strange expansion. You don't lose a lung until exhale, and it takes yer breath and yer forehead breaks out in a sweat like you just ate a pepper. And as soon as you exhale yer buzzing. Yeah, the good stuff LOL.

Last edited:
Best of luck [MENTION=2624]MyDBear[/MENTION], I was on the hunt for KM about five years ago. Found some repro seeds from an outfit in Spain and bought them. First shipment was seized by customs so they were cool and reshipped. Second shipment was seized as well so I begged them to try again with different packaging.

They sent the seeds in a blister pack of cheap toy cars and it made it. The smoke was good, but I always wondered if it was anything like the real deal.

I really hope you can get these to the finish line and either make more seed or pass some cuts around.

Either way I'm subbed for the ride!

Best of luck [MENTION=2624]MyDBear[/MENTION], I was on the hunt for KM about five years ago. Found some repro seeds from an outfit in Spain and bought them. First shipment was seized by customs so they were cool and reshipped. Second shipment was seized as well so I begged them to try again with different packaging.

They sent the seeds in a blister pack of cheap toy cars and it made it. The smoke was good, but I always wondered if it was anything like the real deal.

I really hope you can get these to the finish line and either make more seed or pass some cuts around.

Either way I'm subbed for the ride!

Enjoy the ride DP. I've never had any other KM except this one. And I really like this one.

Hey MyDBear - great to see you, I’m traveling for the next week or so but when I get back I can post some pics of my more recent KM (I think you are better off with your older beans but the new ones aren’t bad either. I have some KM x oHaze as well that has come out pretty nicely too

Updates were made. I won't be visiting the outside plants as much so updates on them won't be so often. The seed run of this KM is in motion. I need to preserve this one as there are most likely no more seed from this time frame. And I feel that this one is a real keeper. At least for me it is. It's like this one was tailor made just for me. This will be the first seed run of this strain for me. When I grew her out years ago there were no males to make a seed run. Now there are.

Excellent work. I wish you all kinds of success with this. The legacy strains that have been pushed aside by the kushes and cookies are often superior in many ways.

Excellent work. I wish you all kinds of success with this. The legacy strains that have been pushed aside by the kushes and cookies are often superior in many ways.

I agree with ya 100%, on the Excellent work part. PMSL just kidding. I'm not into indicas all that much. I'll smoke the shit out of-um if I got um. Thats what us old stoners do. My high leans the other way. I like a sativa with an energetic high and this one does it for me. I like a smoke that don't go to yer eyes and this one does it for me. If a fella had any common sense, he would try to preserve a strain that was beneficial, and a good way to do that would be to distribute it so it could multiply.

Back