Is 42-45% RH acceptable during drying?

You know an old time told me just keep the fans blasting and they never have problems either. Maybe ill give that a go in the summer but shit the room is going to be like 95 some days idk.

I know the times I have been in the miserable deep south there is a good chance he was over 95 during the summer often. You just want the humidity to go up accordingly for proper VPD. So you would probably want 80% rh to make the best of the situation. It’s probably not optimal but IMO it would work fine and would save you a ton of money on electricity. There is great dope grown outdoors on the equator in similar conditions.

Its absolutely not optimal. I would never, EVER advise anyone to get to a sustained 80% rh in bloom on purpose. VPD be damned. Sure, some people find gems of strains that exhibit all the best mold and mildew resistant properties when being pushed to the limit like that, but many of us dont. If its 95f outside it would be higher in the tent so were talking easily 100. Definite terpene evaporation and degradation at that point. Your indoor grow and an environment outdoors near the equator should ideally be worlds apart lol.

On the dog days of summer i dim my lights (down to 20% if needed) to accommodate for the spike in temps, not raise my humidity. I was also taught by an old hippie head, but he didnt have a cool name like BAMA.
I agree, would definitely avoid the high humidity in flower to attain the correct VPN, for vegging plants I find the VPN guide improved my growth and root growth but after week 5 of flowering I try to keep humidity below 60, with closer to 50 being ideal regardless of temps.
To dry plants, if it’s happening to fast I put them into plastic totes and crack them open every few hours to get the last bit of moisture out more slowly for the last few days of drying.

Last edited:
I agree, would definitely avoid the high humidity in flower to attain the correct VPN, for vegging plants I find the VPN guide improved my growth and root growth but after week 5 of flowering I try to keep humidity below 60, with closer to
50 being ideal regardless of temps.
To dry plants, if it’s happening to fast I put them into plastic totes and crack them open every few hours to get the last bit of moisture out more slowly for the last few days of drying.
i deleted my post after i went back and reread the thread again, I feel like i misunderstood LJ.

Back