Inter/Intra canopy lighting for flower and seed production

Umamiseedco

Let's find out what increase (if any) in seed production we can achieve with sub canopy lighting!

I am running a single 120w nanolux led bar led underneath a 200w growers choice light. 8 plants in total getting pollenated with my keeper cut of Zéclair. I will still do a light defoliation of fan leaves but plan on leaving as many branches and nodes as possible for maximum nuggage and seed production.

2 gal pots
Coco + Perlite
Day 21

20240116_091235.jpg

20240116_091242.jpg

Ok so update time! I totally fucked up the reversal and used way way too much sts. Fully turned females with not a spec of pollen on ANY of them, so we must try again. For future reference the best SOP for reversals is to ensure that the STS has a concentration of 3 micromole and to spray the reversals only twice, once on day 1 of flower and again on day 7. I took this SOP from swerve and it works every single time now.

But we got the Faven undercanopy lights running in Bay 3 and they are stacking seeds hard. I think these lights work better for me in the greenie than they do inside, especially for keeping my DLI on point on some of these rainy days in san diego.

This is another Zoda reversal hitting 36 of my favorite cuts. Mostly umami creations in here with a few other elites and some classics like Chem D, Motorbreath 15, Sour D, Skywalker OG, and the wildcard of an original DJ Short Blueberry.

The BB terps are wild but she is a wonky ass plant that looks like she's a 75 year old dementia patient haha.

20240429_105832.jpg

This pic is a week old or so, but we cleaned up all the lowers. I am pushing the EC super hard because these 2 gals are basically 100% roots and I have to feed like 10x per day so they dont dry out. The tall plants are around 7.5 feet tall but I had to wait for the fems to turn before moving the plants over so you know how it is. I had some in 7 gals and they were hitting the roof and that wasnt gonna work for me haha.

20240429_105813.jpg

So fucking stoked that the new STS sop is working proper. I have had a number of reversals fail over the years but I think we got that sorted out now. Proper chems, mixing sop, timelines, and the understanding that my old recepis was way too weak, like 0.5µM instead of 3µM.

20240429_105726.jpg

Back