Ideas and thoughts for automated water/fert systems

Olday

I am thinking of making my next upgrade an automated watering system, a big driver for it would be the ability to be able to take some time away now that things are opening up a bit.

I’m in soul today but at some point I may look at coco

I really enjoy DIY projects but I’m not against something pre-built if it makes sense

I’m also really curious how long you all can go without having to visit the tent - is 7-10 days realistic?

I’ve done a little reading on it but wanted to throw it out there to see what you guys/girls are happy with and/or what you would have done differently.

Peace
- O

Reactions: Boo
I’ve been taking a peek at emitters and halos, figures it was your lights/fans were the issue - best laid plans

If I had the bucks (and was still growin` ) , I`d go with Blumat carrots.....easy peasey . Look into `em OD
peace

Blu mats all day. Love mine . Just upgraded my blu mats with 3 extra drippers per carrot, don't really need but makes for a more uniform moisture distribution. After 20 + years of hydro, no till / knf with blu mats makes for the the quality and price point per harvest ever. Go blu mats.

Blu mats all day. Love mine . Just upgraded my blu mats with 3 extra drippers per carrot, don't really need but makes for a more uniform moisture distribution. After 20 + years of hydro, no till / knf with blu mats makes for the the quality and price point per harvest ever. Go blu mats.

How many days do you feel comfortable letting them run? 10 days possible?

I'm running short carrots three per almost 4 ft round pots and I'm using extra drippers drip lines for them three on each carrot to spread correctly.and I feel comfortable running them for a month even I of course I'll check on them but as long as there's water it's good as long as you fine-tune and adjust the carrots for the right watering you are in business Love them.

How many days do you feel comfortable letting them run? 10 days possible?

That’s along time for your nutes to be mixed though. I mix fresh everyday. Might be better to have someone take the reigns if your going to be gone that long. And I’d be worried about a water system with soil as the plants will need to suck the water down at the same rate.
If you do decide to go that long I’d make sure to do a test run and run base only for your best chance at sucsess. I can’t see any base going ten days with out the ph getting all crazy. Especially as bacteria good or bad starts to grow in the res.

Justa` thought on your water reservoir for the Blumats.....keep a bubbler or two in there to keep nutes mixed thoroughly and to aerate . It`s gotta` help . And from experience....keep a lid on your water if ya` can .
peace

I personally don't use nutrients in my bluemax reservoir I prefer to amend and feed SST and ferments from k&f manually once in a while.

i ran an autofeed once upon a time. as long as your root mass is mature (fills the pot to the point where the plant NEEDS to be fed daily, you're good to go. That being said, I ran a recirculating system, drained back to the rez which i ph'd daily and changed out weekly. when it worked it worked very very well. I wouldn't let nutrients sit for longer than a week and within that time frame, you'll need to aerate the reservoir and keep a circulating pump in it to keep it stirred up

Looked at a few Blumat vids on Youtube . Now , anyone know the cheapest place to buy ? Thanks !!
peace

Did auto water and feed in humboldt with 1200 gallon res. Nutes were in a separate container with suction feed. All set up on solar timers. Gravity feed. Was pretty simple and produced great results..

Best price Alibaba for huge grow. Sustainable village is the best local source in the United States .or keep it simple organics.come on after 20 plus years of hydroponics I still feel that I should have spent money on these blue mats in the beginning

Back