I have a couple plants that aren't overly happy.

Slim Pickens

I Blue my mind.
These plants are currently under a t8,as I haven't been able to get my venting to the outside done yet

The first is my Flo that I was sooo happy to finally get.She looked good..till I got her.Donor suggested a repotting,and more light as she had been completing for canopy space.The other is a Blue Dream that had been doing splendidly until she went in the tent.The BD is a recently received cut,and although I don't see roots yet,she had been doing great.I also have a BB that is showing similar signs of discontent.The BD and BB are in Happy Frog amended with just enough coco to keep crust from forming.The soil mix also had a 1/2 strength nute added.Temps were a little on the warm side early on,but now running mid 70's.

The Flo was recently acquired,and has not been fed since her arrival.

Attachments

• Flo.JPG
    Flo.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Flo 2.JPG
    Flo 2.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Blue Dream.JPG
    Blue Dream.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 9
  • BB.JPG
    BB.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 7
Both those have the equation of > BLUE << in them and well known for growing deformed but will come out of it but those leaves look like dying in the middle so lets hope just stress from cloning but still see growth so don't over water and see as it goes :hmm:

If they don't have roots yet, they're not ready for the happy frog soil. Probably too hot for them. But if the other cuts are doing well, wait and see. If they all start looking like that, the soil is too hot.

I think you'll be fine Slim..just give it some more time..over all I think they all look good and just need to rebound..the T8 lights work great for startups and shouldn't put to much heat out until you get a vent going..
like Uni said, don't over water..

it's hard to tell from the pics, but those plants look young enough that the happy frog should be sufficient for their needs. no need for liquids until they're more established.

Both those have the equation of > BLUE << in them and well known for growing deformed but will come out of it but those leaves look like dying in the middle so lets hope just stress from cloning but still see growth so don't over water and see as it goes :hmm:

Every plant recoils at my touch Uni.I have the same effect on wimmins. :D

Is that a fresh soil mix you have them in ? I'm thinking by the looks of yours that there is a bit of nute lock up going on, or maybe not quite enough root development for the nute strength yet. When my Blue Dream have raised ridges such as yours, it's time to back off the nutes for that one and flush n re-feed at 1/2 strength.

Ghost. I had 1 that was pretty light,so I gave it a drink of 1'4 strength nutes with just a dash of CalMag.

Here's a good way to help your plants.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuana-symptoms-pictures

This link is all about sick plants.

Snookster.That is a helpful resource.If the last couple weeks are any indication,I'll be spending a good deal of time there.Lol

If they don't have roots yet, they're not ready for the happy frog soil. Probably too hot for them. But if the other cuts are doing well, wait and see. If they all start looking like that, the soil is too hot.
Seems all the Blue lines are showing signs of discontent.I have a couple of other plants in there that have been treated exactly the same.They are thriving.

I think you'll be fine Slim..just give it some more time..over all I think they all look good and just need to rebound..the T8 lights work great for startups and shouldn't put to much heat out until you get a vent going..
like Uni said, don't over water..

I sure hope so RR.Doing my best to not overdo anything.

Slim, how tall is the cut in the first couple of pics?

The other looks OK ...snip the dead leaves off tho

Those first pics are of the Flo BD.She is an established teenager,and is probably 2' tall.

it's hard to tell from the pics, but those plants look young enough that the happy frog should be sufficient for their needs. no need for liquids until they're more established.

I'm doing my best to not muck with them unnecessarily.The discoloration is concerning tho,as the affected plants all seemed to "turn" at roughly the same time.Made me think environment.But if that were the case,the other plants would be exhibiting the same angst.

Last edited:
Might be burnt, damaged, or under-developed roots. Would you be willing to risk one by washing roots clean of soil, taking a photo of them and re-potting?

Low relative humidity? High temperatures? Too close to lights? Too hot or dry, and the plant loses more moisture than it can uptake. The plant loses leaf surface to balance itself out.

Grow good soil, grow good roots, grow good plants - in that order.

Best wishes :damnhippie:

Thanks for looking in gnomer.

The cuts are in clear cups.I can see a few roots now,and they are bright white.I saw that the temp in the tent ran up to 80* this morning,which is the warmest I have seen it.I am expecting a temp/humidity monitor that should be arriving shortly,as the humidity level was a concern that I have.

Glad to hear you got roots, Slim. As they root in, the problems should disappear... but dang it, don't be in such a hurry, clones need babying ;)

I root in a neutral (no nutes) medium (Oasis foam cubes), and I wait until they are well rooted into that before I attempt a transplant to a mild soil (half Pro-mix w/mycos, half potting soil). And then I just water with plain H20, because you want them to grow roots in search of nutrients. If you water them with fertilizer too soon, they don't develop a good root system because they don't need to search for nutrients. Once they are ready to put under the big lights, THEN I start feeding them with fertilizer.

Everyone has a different system, of course, but you gotta manage your girls carefully if you want them happy. Big roots = big flowers.

Does this look like a calcium deficiency?I water with RO,and add Calmag every few waterings,but it seems to linger on.I use Dyna-Gro 7-9-5 that has cal and mag in the formulation.I don't however feed very often,and when I do it is a light feeding in an effort to keep my plants on the small side. IMG_0997.JPG How often can I supplement CalMag without causing more problems than I already have?It seems I read that using CalMag too often can cause lockout as well?

Last edited:
Are those in Happy Frog? It's peat based and has added lime, so you don't need as much calmag as you would in coco. I would ease up on the calmag.

Where are they in the growth cycle?

Do you folia feed?

That was weird, click on your pic to enlarge it and it turned sideways

They are all in veg.I don't foliar feed.

Are those in Happy Frog? It's peat based and has added lime, so you don't need as much calmag as you would in coco. I would ease up on the calmag.

Yes,Happy Frog.I haven't given then any calmag for a couple of waterings tho.

At this point they might be needing a feeding, if you've been feeding them lightly. Cutting back on the calmag and feeding them *should* start to resolve the problem. I say should because you never know until you try.

BUT, like ec said, they may not even need to be fed yet, as Happy Frog has some guano and stuff in the mix. I would feed them LIGHTLY, or just hit them with plain water.

Ok.

What is a normal regimen for feeding?The "Blue" family typically likes it a little on the lighter side.I feed them half strength,but have been doing a water..water..feed@half strength.The Happy Frog soil has likely been depleted for some time now.

Would a feed...feed..water be a better regimen for getting the plants back to good health?

You may be getting TMI from the various responses, and be uncertain. If you think the Happy Frog is "depleted," then feed them. Just be patient and go easy on them. Plants want to grow!

IMHO I suggest NOT using Happy Frog. It still is quite strong on young plants. Try using ROOTS ORGANIC if it's in your area.
Check with your local Hydro Shop. It will not shock them with so much fed right now. It's a very good medium IMHO.

Much Success

Back