Hydro nute suggestions

Thanks EC, you run this line or just a suggestion? Im aiming for RDWC or nft/aero so these sound like a great option.

Old sog, the aqua flakes again look ideal for my situation.

Both seem to be dutch companies. Any additives or run them solo? I want to avoid organic stuff that might need to be broken down taking up DO in the water or adding gunk to the system.

MEGA Crop I’ve heard great things about. It’s a 1 piece salt fertilizer program. Seems very cost effective. I know a few people who run this. I also know a few who ran this and switched to flora flex. I do water only soil so I have not used them but people I have respect for use these and are very happy with the results.

MEGA Crop I’ve heard great things about. It’s a 1 piece salt fertilizer program. Seems very cost effective. I know a few people who run this. I also know a few who ran this and switched to flora flex. I do water only soil so I have not used them but people I have respect for use these and are very happy with the results.

I do water only soilless right now but alabaster has me wanting to play with hydro as well so I'd like to run both and try and just learn what I can. I had some good success in the past with dwc

I started my indoor growing in rock wool hand watering using salts. Then ebb and flow then aeroponic. But I just couldn’t get the flavors I was getting out of creek line gorilla grown. So I started building soils. I can’t deny the speed of growth is great in hydro. I was just never able to get the quality I wanted. So now if I need faster growth I use a custom soil mix of 50% lava rock and I supplement feed fermented plant extracts. That extra O2 from the lava rock in the mix really makes for explosive growth. So many ways to get this done I love ganja.

I started my indoor growing in rock wool hand watering using salts. Then ebb and flow then aeroponic. But I just couldn’t get the flavors I was getting out of creek line gorilla grown. So I started building soils. I can’t deny the speed of growth is great in hydro. I was just never able to get the quality I wanted. So now if I need faster growth I use a custom soil mix of 50% lava rock and I supplement feed fermented plant extracts. That extra O2 from the lava rock in the mix really makes for explosive growth. So many ways to get this done I love ganja.

Off topic but tell me more about these fermented plant extracts in case Im unaware. I run my totes at 1/3 lava rock. Still a process dialing everything in with soil testing and amending.

all the people i know who used to grow hyro chose it, particularly NFT.

Sweet. Seems point blank. The H&G aqua flakes has me conflicted saying...

"Contrary to what you might have heard with other nutrients, never use an oxygen pump in the nutrient container or in the growth table. This may have serious consequences for the stability of the nutrients."

Off topic but tell me more about these fermented plant extracts in case Im unaware. I run my totes at 1/3 lava rock. Still a process dialing everything in with soil testing and amending.

Yeah my bad smoked a little to much an ran my mouth. Basically take what ever powerful growing plants/fruits you have around grind them up mix equil weight sugar or Molasses and crushed plant material and wait 2 weeks strain and use. I like pumpkin vines,comfrey,stinging nettle,and giant pumpkins. I kept it quick sorry for taking this off track.

So after reading non stop reviews, info, product labels and feeding charts I was about to pull the trigger on a H&G starter kit when I backed out at the last minute. Noticed a lot of people who reviewed H&G and loved it over canna aqua, had switched over to hydroponics research a few years later and all rave about it. Not only that but its a dry fert so youre not paying for water. Their IG looks solid, the reviews are solid, price is solid... lets see what the hype is.

House & Garden is no longer a Dutch outfit. A few years ago when the dutch changed their cannabis laws, and nutrient suppliers could be prosecuted criminally just for supplying the nutrients to a grow. Just finding nutrients in a grow was enough for prosecution. H&G moved to the US. With that event they fell under intense scrutiny by the FDA. Which led them to be forced to change their Roots Excellurator. Which was awesome when they were dutch. They lied to me, and millions of others & swore they never changed it. So I quit using them. All they had to do was admit it, and tell me what they were forced to omit, but they chose to lie instead. So I've never gone back. I don't know if Van De Zwann even owns it anymore.

I wonder about dry nutes. Would it be as easily accessible to the plants as a liquid or would you need to plan a week ahead sort of thingy?

Yeah, I got the vibe that the glory days of H&G is over, but I could be wrong.

Dan, far as salts go, I cant imagine it is much different. People here buy and mix their own dry ferts so I cant see buying a blend being much different. Just not paying extra for the water they blend it into, but I have no clue.

I wonder about dry nutes. Would it be as easily accessible to the plants as a liquid or would you need to plan a week ahead sort of thingy?
you can go to Custom Hydro Nutrients and they will help you build a recipe of dry salts to work with your water supply, RO or not. you have to mix in a specific way, but once you get it down, I down quite a few folks having great results doing it

you can go to Custom Hydro Nutrients and they will help you build a recipe of dry salts to work with your water supply, RO or not. you have to mix in a specific way, but once you get it down, I down quite a few folks having great results doing it

I made the move in November, still learning and tweaking as I'm going but all in all easier than I thought it would be. Best bang for your buck, endlessly customizable to the needs of your particular plants and environment and CHN has great support if you have any questions.

I'd also suggest downloading Hydrobuddy and playing with that until you learn how to use it and then it's game on!

I've had real good results running high calcium feeds through stretch and then lowering calcium and bumping up potassium for the finish.

If you're not using RO, I would suggest getting a water analysis first as @Guymndude mentioned. CHN can do it, but its kinda pricey, you may be able to find a local testing source that is more reasonable.

Avuncular 030919 08.jpg

Chunky Pigs Avuncular at 60 days. You can see a little nute burn on the tips but I always like to find the limit and then back off :tongue:

She purpled up nicely despite the warm temps too!

for house & garden i just use their stuff, aqua flakes, a&b, multi zen, budxl, top booster and shooting powder. if i have the extra $$ i'll pick up the roots excelurator. for veg+bloom i used base nutrient, Shine and Life. with veg+bloom i stopped adjusting my ph. 5.8-6.0 every time with that stuff. in the long run i think house and garden is cheaper, at least on the base nutrient.

Thanks EC, you run this line or just a suggestion? Im aiming for RDWC or nft/aero so these sound like a great option.

Old sog, the aqua flakes again look ideal for my situation.

Both seem to be dutch companies. Any additives or run them solo? I want to avoid organic stuff that might need to be broken down taking up DO in the water or adding gunk to the system.

House & Garden is no longer a Dutch outfit. A few years ago when the dutch changed their cannabis laws, and nutrient suppliers could be prosecuted criminally just for supplying the nutrients to a grow. Just finding nutrients in a grow was enough for prosecution. H&G moved to the US. With that event they fell under intense scrutiny by the FDA. Which led them to be forced to change their Roots Excellurator. Which was awesome when they were dutch. They lied to me, and millions of others & swore they never changed it. So I quit using them. All they had to do was admit it, and tell me what they were forced to omit, but they chose to lie instead. So I've never gone back. I don't know if Van De Zwann even owns it anymore.
now they offer 2 different versions of roots excelurator. the new version in the gold bottle and the original in the silver bottle.

Back