Humidifier for smallish indoor garden

Slim Pickens

I Blue my mind.
I have my indoor garden in an extra bedroom that is 10' x 10'.I have a 2 x 2 tent that houses my clones and Mom's in,but plan to flower in the remaining bedroom space.Currently the humidity level in the room as well as the tent is 28%.I'd like to bump the humidity into the 40% category.I would appreciate some advice to increase my humidity,maybe by introducing a humidifier?

I understand that the humidity may well increase as the plants grow larger due the leaf density and transpiration,and as plant numbers increase,so will the humidity level.

I saw that ultrasonic mister/fogger that is offered on the web as well as ebay,but I'm wondering:

As garden size and plant maturity increase,so will the humidity level?Would I be better served buying an inexpensive humidifier seeing as how humidity is going to rise as a normal reaction to increased vegetation?I guess what I am asking is:would it be better to buy a less expensive humidifier to get by until humidity naturally rises? An inexpensive humidifier at $40 or so,versus an ultrasonic disc mister that begins at $92?

What would you buy?

Not being cheap..just being careful.

Eh, 28% ain't that bad. Most of the time my grows during the winter months wouldn't even hit the minimum 20% needed to register on the digital hygrometer. Plants drank more water, but otherwise didn't seem to mind too much. If you feel you must do something, you could just hang a towel with the bottom in a tub of water, and place it where it gets lots of air movement from a fan. The water will wick up the towel and evaporate, raising humidity. Sort of an ultra-cheap humidifier.:p

Well damb.There's a simple solution to a problem.I thought that 28% might be too low.Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

The towel in a tub or bucket is a good idea.I actually thought of putting a pail of water with a fan blowing across the surface,but was afraid it might be too effective and actually cause a problem.

I'd try that idea of yours,but if 28-30% isn't an issue,then there is no reason to complicate things any further.Life is doggone complicated enough.

Thank you for sharing your experience.Much appreciated!

Slim, I have the same sized room but running two 4 x 4 tents. I have the opposite issue, too much humidity. It's better now that I removed the 55 gal drum of water from the room (had one drum for soil, one for water). Now I'm at about 40% or a little lower. My de-humidifier blows more hot air into the room so it sits in the doorway if I use it. I like Bob's cheap idea to see where you're at.

I don't have to much indoor experience Slim other then starting 1000s of clones but the 2 indoors I tried in my shed I found the less humidity the better..would get powdery mildew and root rot..my second try I kept things dry as possible and had great success..

HI all. i can't find the new thread button We had a cataasrofic fiew Sunday am lost everything wass inhospital w 3dgree burns on r hand and ffot, smoke. A humidifier I bought lasr t year almost killed me.
st

Reactions: 180
The local news said some are on recall for catching on fire this evening. Haven't looked them up yet but I will....

^^ That towel in a bucket that Bob suggested is sounding better and better to me.

Holy cow Shovel!So sorry to hear this happened to you folks.

Back