How to tell when to harvest.

I was just wondering about this very thing with the Pineapple Jack girls that are 57 days into flowering now. Very milky white tric's, and now most all of them are, so I figure soon it will be harvest. Not sure if it was an amber tric or not, the head was gone and at the top of the stem it was amber, or was it just dust ?
Regardless it is getting in the last week or so.

What is real nice is when the strain gets milky white tric's and than put's out another layer or two so there are clear tric's also. I really like that mix myself, but being my first time with PJ and not knowing much about it, well I did my best with error's, but hey we are near harvest time.

I really think I screwed up when I left the IR led set on with all the others. Originally I only ran the IR lights for 15 min. at lights on and 15 min. at light's off. I think there is about 1 or so weeks of them on for the complete 12 hour cycle, time to get to chore's.

I only use Super Thrive in the early part of the plants life if needed.
I took them down on day 64 and they have been hanging now for 48 hours, trim time around the corner.:puffpuffpass:

I've got a couple of outdoor girls that are taking longer to finish than last year, maybe because they are healthy! I've observed that plants grown outdoor usually finish a week earlier than when grown indoor. So an 9 week strain takes 8 weeks etc. I have no idea what day one was this year. First week of August?

I've been scoping and am just getting amber tricks on Romulan Indica and Girl Scout Cookies. Super Silver Haze and Sour Diesel keep throwing out pistils.

A mexican buddy of mine swore the harvest moon was when to harvest ( last week). I thought maybe in Mexico , but here it's too early.

When are all of you harvesting , by tricks? I usually take 10 % amber.

I go by the trec`s , I like mine 60 percent amber 40 percent milky on most strains. Some sativa never really get amber though.

Back