How to hang two bulbs in a vert setup

Father Jack

Feck Off
I may end up looking like a fool for asking this....but is there instructions somewhere on how to align two bulbs in a single hanging row in a vertical setup?

I have two bulbs hanging right now....but not directly above and below each other. For the life of me I can't find items locally to achieve a DIY setup for this.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
Suggestion: go to hardware store and look at adjustable shelf hanger that is two vertical metal strips that screw into wall and has punched slots that metal shelf hangers fit in, designed for a 1 x 12 board to set on top of. Vertical strips are sold individually and you only need one.

Screw one metal strip vertically in the center of rear wall of cabinet. Plug 2 horizontal shelf hangers into vertical strip.

Attach one vertical lamp to each of 12" horizonital shelf hanger near the tip of horizontal shelf hanger. (Duct tape, or whatever.)

Tape electrical cord along the length of metal shelf hanger. Allow slack cord to hang down next to wall. (to allow for height adjustment.)

If cabinet is more than 24" deep, you will need to lengthen adjustable metal shelf hanger, so that lamp is centered in cabinet. (I drilled two holes in hanger and lengthened horizontal hanger using a length of 1"x1/2" wood lath secured by 5/8" drywall screws.)

Lamps are adjustable and top/bottom lamp can be reversed if using MH and HPS HID for mixed spectrum.

Works for me... :dunno:

cooltubes make it easy... too bad i don't have em either

here's a few pics of what i do.... i hang 3 - 600's
1st pic is of how i attach them to the ceiling. (ignore that extra wire on the left :)) i attached the wood to a stud in the ceiling
2nd and 3rd are what i came up with for the middle light
bottom light doesn't need any modifications

Back