Homemade Jerky

still_buzz'n

Dab Banger
This here is my Sweet and Spicey Jerky I've used it with Beef, Bison, and Venison and it is absolutely the best recipe I've found to date! Making rosso reefo some here in the near future!

THIS ISN'T MADE WITH CANNABIS, BUT IF SOMEONE COULD INTERVENE WITH HOW TO INFUSE AN OIL OR DRIED FLOWERS INTO THIS, I BET IT WOULD BE GREAT! YOU DO WASTE A LOT OF THE WET INGREDIENTS I MUST SAY, BUT IF MARINADING OVERNIGHT???

(I double the dry ingredients except for brown sugar to ensure I have plenty!)

1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
1 pound lean beef sirloin tip, bison, or venison sliced into 1/8 inch strips
1/2 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
5 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)

In a small bowl or cup, mix together the onion powder, garlic powder, and some cracked black pepper. Season the meat lightly, using only part of the mixture. Reserve the remaining spices. Place into an airtight plastic container or bowl, and refrigerate ( I use a gallon zip lock bag).
In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together the brown sugar, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, liquid smoke flavoring and pineapple juice. Heat until the brown sugar has completely dissolved. Refrigerate marinade until cool.
Pour cooled marinade over the seasoned meat, and mix by hand to coat. Seal the bowl, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (Overnight is best).
Arrange the beef strips on the rack of a dehydrator, and sprinkle with a little bit more of the spice mixture and red pepper flakes if using. Dry for 5 hours, or to your desired dryness.

Jerky.jpg

Last edited:
The only problem I see in adding cannabis in some form to the recipe is the fact that you are using lean meats and the recipe has no fat or oils in it (and no wonder, oily jerky would be gross). You need some kind of fat to carry the cannabis resins. So, short of some advanced techniques, I think that may be difficult.

That's what I thought as well. But hell, this is one great jerky recipe without cannabis if you like hot and sweet!

looks great Buzz..drooling at the mouth and a great recipe..
I've got one of those dehydrators and when I was making jerky it was such a pain in the ass cleaning those sticky trays so I started making it on a cookie sheet with parchment paper in a 200 degree oven and I thought it actually came out better..no fuss and no mess..

I will try your recipe Still Buzzin. I love Beef jerky and will make it myself from time to time. Yours sounds very similar to the recipe I use but I have never tried the Balsamic vinegar or the Pineapple juice for the sweetness. It sounds really good. Maybe after the corona craze is over, if it's ever over, I will go get some nice sirloin and make a batch or two.

I promise you it won't let you down! Best recipe I've found for HOT & Sweet!

I use a box fan and furnace filters bungy corded to the front vs a dehydrator or oven. Air dried seems to provide a lot more flavor in my opinion.

Did you see this idea still_buzz'n ? Here in the Colorado plains, (desert) it's so dry, that will work awesome and low cost.

I usually do mine in my smoker with either just salt and pepper or with a Teriyaki marinade. I haven't tried the dehydration method but I bet that would be good too. Here in Hawaii we make Pipi Kaula, which is sundried beef. Excellent stuff!

Great job guys!

speaking of sun dried when I was in southern Italy watched these old ladies making tomato paste on a marble table from fresh tomatoes..an amazing process and time consuming..prosciutto hanging in mud huts that they lived in..an amazing experience and some of the best food I've ever eaten..drying food and preserving it is an age old art and you let the sun and salt do the work for you..no refrigeration back then and to this day still none..

Nice lil recipe Buzz...you hand cut or use a slicer?
How’s the venison never made my own had some store stuff wasn’t thrilled with it
Like mine a lil spicy like to smoke meats myself

Nice lil recipe Buzz...you hand cut or use a slicer?
How’s the venison never made my own had some store stuff wasn’t thrilled with it
Like mine a lil spicy like to smoke meats myself

I hand slice venison and bison most of the time. We have a butchery close by that will slice the meat as tick or thin as you like. When I'm lazy, I just buy the stir fry beef already pre cut in the meat section of most grocery stores.

I have a slicer i got from cabelas yrs ago and i use that.a buddy of mine brings over London broil that he marinades.i cut it about 1/4 and that seems to make a nice piece...this fall he has gotten into doing fruits we did apples an pears,strawberries,pineapple and kiwi.iam done slicing bags...atm he is working on pork “candied” ideas.the lab which is his kitchen NO ONE can enter when he is working...crazy prepper guy does pickled and fermented goods....homemade pickles and onions and carrots jalapeños dude is a madman and i get free hookup for cutting and grinding meat win win

I have a slicer i got from cabelas yrs ago and i use that.a buddy of mine brings over London broil that he marinades.i cut it about 1/4 and that seems to make a nice piece...this fall he has gotten into doing fruits we did apples an pears,strawberries,pineapple and kiwi.iam done slicing bags...atm he is working on pork “candied” ideas.the lab which is his kitchen NO ONE can enter when he is working...crazy prepper guy does pickled and fermented goods....homemade pickles and onions and carrots jalapeños dude is a madman and i get free hookup for cutting and grinding meat win win

Nice! Yes 1/4" is the perfect slice! I had a meat and bread slicer years ago when I lived in Germany. They are great.

Back