Hey Migrainers....

watch or read these video clips,,,about magnesium chloride he also just drinks it in 2nd clip

[YOUTUBE]iaIaVroZJEk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3uCaz6jGU9k[/YOUTUBE]

Arty,
Hang in there bro, I haven't had a migraine since My strokes, I do not recommend that type of treatment, but it has been 2 yrs. since I had one.
May you have a few good week in between bro

Anyone ever try Keppra?

No, but I tried Topomax many years ago. I didn't sleep or eat for 2 weeks and it did nothing for my migraines. It also effected my sense of taste. I've been doing pretty well since starting botox injections (purely medical not cosmetic!). I went from living in a constant state of migraine headache to only 1-3 times a week. Sometimes I'll go as long as 2-weeks without a headache, but that's rare.

outwest

EDIT: The other things I have to be mindful of is my digestive system which is also fucked. A lot of supplements, even the best and most proven ones, can be very hard on the digestive system, which makes them a no go for me.

Yeah, Topomax is some bad stuff. It affected my daughter's taste buds too, along with other serious side effects.
Tell me more about the botox. Where it's injected, what kind of relief mechanism, side effects, etc.

30+ injections in the head neck and shoulder and 1 in each jaw, every 12 weeks. It deadens muscles in those areas and prevent migraines from triggering.

outwest

People and head aches's pfft.. Its all in their heads. :taunt:

Small hits of pure DMT can help some Ive heard, even killing them completely in some cases. Shrooms work, same molecule as DMT basically.

Out west ., I'm glad the Botox works...I used Imitrex injectables after graduating from the inhaler after graduating from pills....about 7 yrs of that was all I could take...I've been drug free for 3 yrs now, I think I'm just out living the migraines as I've battled them all my life..mostly get headaches now which I try and manage through diet and exercise yada yada yada...

Wish I could say the same. Even with the Botox injections I get 1-3 headaches a week. I exercise, have a pretty limited diet (no booze, caffeine, gluten, limited sugar/dairy, only drink water). If migraines were my only issue is consider it a blessing. I've recently developed several forms of chronic inflammation that I didn't have yet, in addition to the ones I already had. Everything feeds of each other.

outwest

there are many forms of migraine. most experts agree migraine is a direct response to vasomotor instability - the sequence of effects is excessive intracranial arterial contrictions follwed by rebound dilatation of the extracranial blood vessels. there is some evidence that this vasomotor instability may be genetically linked. A significant number of migraine sufferers also demonstrate abnormalities in platelet function - this includes alterations of platelet aggregation, and "spontaneous" release of serotonin. Onset of attacks are usually accompanied by a significant rise in plasma serotonin levels , followed by an increase in urinary 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid, the breakdown product of serotonin. IN this model, migraine is a result of serotonin deficiency. Another major condition thought to cause migraine is a neuronal disorder of the trigeminovascular system which innervate pial arterioles, and release substance P, which is an important mediator of pain, and also causes vasodilatation. This 'theory' suggests that functional changes within the noradrenergic system constitute the threshold for migraine activation via modulatiing effect of the sympathetic nervous system.

Nutritional considerations include limiting dietary Amines. 5-HTP may help migraine by increasing levels of serotonin. EFAs are important for their significance in preventing platelet aggregation. High Dose Riboflavin may boost mitochondrial respiration and improve blood vessel function in cerebral arterieis. Magnesium has shown conflicting results - though it's importance for maintaining cellular respiration. It's use in migraine is perhaps supported in people with low tissue ionized levels of magnesium.

The most important thing IMO is limiting vasoactive amines in the diet -- diet should also be loq in arachidonic acid, and high in foods that limit platelet aggregation (vegetable oils, fish oils, garlic, onion, etc)

tryptamine hallucinogens help migraine in many people. these compounds are essentially serotonin agonists -- so, would help folks in the migraine model of 'serotonin deficiency'.

DMT is much shorter acting, but, in theory, should work much like psilocybin works. Historically, it is not as easy to procure --- mushrooms are much easier to locate, or produce yourself IMO.

There are many plants that contain DMT. I grow Illinois bundleflower. The roots are loaded with DMT --- and it's very easy to grow.

a major consideration is eating foods that boost serotonin, and staying away from foods that boost dopamine, since the two neurotransmitters have a sort of reciprocal relationship. any food that causes rapid changes in blood sugar should be avoided.

also, refined sugars, processed fats, and starchy foods.....should be avoided.

eating many small meals throughout the day may be beneficial to avoid rapid changes in blood sugar.

Dmt is as simple as growing some Acacia Longifolia or many other easy to grow Acacia's and doing a basic extract.
Phallaris grass is also easy to grow and has high levels.
Acacia confusia is FULL of spice and can is sold on THE most common of shopping websites openly ....

Its everywhere matey's.

I know that the barometer changes have a big impact on my symptoms. Gosh, was living on east coast where one year we had three hurricanes within a short block of time. Mouse was curled up tight like a shrimp in bed for a very long time, in a lot of pain. For me, it's the sudden change in pressure, more than just a 'low' happening. Not so much migraines, just all over pain. And super fatigue.

Used to get bad headaches, i supposed they were migraine...complete with super light sensitivity, and what i would call 'pressure' sensitivity, as would just lay on the bed sideways and let my head hang over the edge. I would occasionally see a red aura in peripheral vision, before one of those headaches. It seems if i keep the cannabis levels up, they stay away. But, i can get TMJ so bad that it starts to cause headaches, they hurt, but they are 'just' muscle tension headaches.

I have heard that living at higher elevations is better for fibro people, dunno if that is true. I very well may get fatigue from sudden elevation changes, it is something that i need to give more attention. I have usually blamed it on just stress of a trip or stress of NOT being home to make sure the critters are okay. eh, who the hell knows.

The ai tech to detect the migraines sounds like it works ... not sure if it can stop them but i would imagine some warning of them coming on would be useful ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back