Hemp research field

Hey everyone! Just wanted to pop in and share some pictures of the hemp we are growing for research at school!

We mostly work with grain and fiber but CBD is involved as well. We've done cultivar trials, nutrient trials, and disease trials. If anyone is ever interested in talking hemp or have questions feel free to reach out, I do a lot of hemp extension work and consulting with growers in the midwest USA.

Attachments

• 20200805_161828.jpg
    20200805_161828.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 20200803_092415.jpg
    20200803_092415.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
  • 20200714_101028.jpg
    20200714_101028.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
One of my old professors used to be from Nebraska, i think. He said that the pheasant hunting went to hell when the feral hemp got exterminated by the govt. Not sure how the thc growers like the hemp revolution, tho. I have racing birds, and would love to supplement with some hemp,but dang, it's expensive...maybe that has changed since laws have gotten better for the hemp.
bless ya!

You can get grain hemp seed much cheaper now. When we would grow corn alongside hemp we would stand in the corn and dove hunt the hemp plots. Get a limit in under an hour easy!! Also certified as chicken feed now I think and working towards certification for pigs

@DMAN you ain't wrong. Fiber hemp so far appears to be the most sustainable in terms of improving soil health, nutrient efficiency, and in terms of "green" downstream products.

Hempcrete and the construction applications are really neat. But its ability to replace a lot of non-biodegrable packaging without sacrificing safety or quality is what I really have hope for. I know of at least one patent that is under review for a packing material with great potential. Food science is really interested in hemp fiber!

But with like all agriculture, its not necessarily what you grow but how you grow that makes a difference. I have a paper getting published on shifts in agriculture weeds based on growing and harvesting hemp, those results are really interesting in terms of herbicide resistant weed control!!

Back