help me with a dab rig

Funkynugz

TCC Mod
i've been casually looking around for a rig at a reasonable price. so i checked out the direct from china sites and wasn't impressed.

i found this one on ebay (shipped from the USA!) and it looks about what i need. thing is, embarrassingly, and for the most part, i kinda don't know how these things work :glare:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Wax-Oil-Rig-Thick-Glass-Diffused-Down-Stem-Free-Quartz-Crystal-Banger-/322313468386

i'm most interested in what you think about this piece, $36 delivered. while i'm here i might as well ask a couple questions...

what is a "banger" and how is it used?
what is a dome and how is it used?
says it includes a downstem diffuser, is this rig for use with water?

thanks.

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Things must have loosened U.P. on E-Bay fro a while ago when they wouldn't allow glass on their site but guess since the different states have legalized now they have come out of the dark ages .. :whacky114:

Hey Funky,

A banger is whats on that rig in the picture, used for smoking extracts, a dome is just that a dome that goes over the nail in the rig, also for smoking extracts. A down-stem diffuser is just the glass stem that the slide/bowl goes into that goes inside the rig , used for smoking flowers, they call this type of slide stem a diffuser because it has many smaller holes at the bottom instead of one big hole, the multiple holes create smaller and more bubbles in side of the rig where it peculates/bubbles resulting in a smoother pull.

Hope this helps bro

:puffpuffpass:

Oh by the way a great site to check out for cheap but very decent glass would be ThickAssGlass

Cheers!

go for broke and buy the mini nail...I got my rig with nail for 480 and am blown away with the quantity of smoke it bellows out...it's worth the money if you really wanna dab...:exactly:

thanks AK, i like TAG a lot but the nicer rigs are way above my price limit. doesn't make sense for me to buy anything over 30-40 bucks since i only concentrate occasionally and i already have a glass nectar collector (IOW Boo, the wife is going to bitch when she sees this, per her i spend way too much money on this 'hobby'.)

so from what i can tell....

to use the banger you torch the bucket and then use a dabber

to use the dome you torch the nail and put the dome over it (not sure why) and then use a dabber

from what you said this can also be used as a bong with a standar bowl that fits the slide.

sound about right?

:puffpuffpass:

Reactions: Boo
keep in mind funky if you use the rig to smoke flowers the percolator inside the rig will get clogged...if no perc then the water will get swampy quick...:whistle:

yeah, i was thinking the same. i already have so many flower pieces anyways to the point that its kind of ridiculous. i bought 2 more when i was in belize (and got my checked luggage searched by the TSA on the way home. fuckers left one of my pockets unzipped :glare: i think they were more interested in two hot sauce bottles i packed)

so i decided to go back to dhgate.com (china) and look around. i wound up buying this rig (pretty much a compact bubbler with a nail/dome, and added a quartz banger. $35 shipped, should arrive in 2-3 weeks.

Glass%20Heady%20Pipes%20With%2010mm%20Tobacco%20Bowl%2012cm%20Tall%2010mm%20Joint%20Water%20Pipes%20Cheap%20Price%20Oil%20Rigs%20Smoking%20Pipes.jpg

rBVaEFe2xNmAXjljAAF8YMwr70s938.jpg

rBVaEVe2xIWAHhByAAFr_7pRt4k874.jpg

Quartz%20nails%204mm%20thick%2090%20degree%20quartz%20banger%20with%2010mm%2014mm%2018mm%20male%20female%20joint%20for%20oil%20Rigs%20real%20Quartz%20nail.jpg

i bought my mothership fab egg off dhgate took like 30 days to arrive, I think 2 weeks is prolly, pardon the pun, a pipe dream:D

2b2s

i bought my mothership fab egg off dhgate took like 30 days to arrive, I think 2 weeks is prolly, pardon the pun, a pipe dream:D

2b2s

I accidentally broke mine a while back. A warning on the Egg knockoffs from china, the glass isn't colored, it's actually a type of paint and if you clean it with alcohol the finish wipes off :thumbdown:

Oh by the way a great site to check out for cheap but very decent glass would be ThickAssGlass

Cheers!

mostly chinese there, but he has bought stuff from me too.

I accidentally broke mine a while back. A warning on the Egg knockoffs from china, the glass isn't colored, it's actually a type of paint and if you clean it with alcohol the finish wipes off :thumbdown:

i thought you said you had never been disappointed yet, that paint that wipes off sounds pretty disappointing, and possibly toxic.

i thought you said you had never been disappointed yet, that paint that wipes off sounds pretty disappointing, and possibly toxic.
I had forgotten about the egg until I read all the posts. The piece dabbed like a champ, I really liked the way it worked but then the color started coming off. I would buy one again but only in clear glass no color.

I bought one of these recently, added a bucket style nail and have been very happy with it. I've bought a few times off DHgate and haven't been disappointed yet.

Aside from appreciating the long wait time, I found that to shop well at dhgate you need to read the product info closely and watch for the cheap knockoffs. Some categories are worse than others.

I've had a couple of misdirects but those have been due to me not paying attention (i.e., wrong size or style chosen) and of course returning things is not recommended. They will cover damaged items if you provide a photo.

Fwiw, I've had things arrive in two weeks from dhgate, others take six+. Depends much on when the seller mails it. If it's during the Chinese New Year then don't hold your breath, they party pretty hard over there in February.

Ordering direct from China even through eBay or Amazon has its issues but if you're willing to be patient you can get what you want at a decent price and usually with no shipping cost. For this purchase I'm ok with production glass even knowing the piece I ultimately receive won't be the one pictured. and when I'm out of dabs it can convert to a colorful little flower bubbler. I'll report back once it arrives to see if I eat my own words :)

the eagle has landed!

postman ran like the wind. 10 days door to door from China. nice looking piece, actually looks like the one on the website. a little smaller than i thought but usable. definitely production glass with a few bubbles and slight imperfections...to be expected from overseas i guess. i have a quartz carb cap on the way too.

i have a question for somebody...

i used the banger and noticed there is residue surrounding the nail head that was liquid at first and now is dry and sticky. seems like this stuff will burn off when torching or do people generally scrape and save? it doesn't have the most pleasant smell.

picture.php

Back