Help making vegetable glycerine tincture

ClearBarbedFunk

Invalid Email Users
Hey all, I tied tonite to make a tincture using vegetable gylcerine, I used rosin and a double boiler. The rosin just would t mix with the gylcerine.

Has anyone made this type of tincture?

I’m making this for my son, to help him recover from alcohol addiction, any help would be appreciated.

Was this your method?

In a Quart Mason Jar combine:

1/4 oz.-1/2 oz. (7-14 grams depending on quality) of Decarboxylated Cannabis (trim, shake or broken up buds) 2 Cups Organic Vegetable Glycerine

Cover with a lid and shake the mixture until material is completely covered with vegetable glycerine.
Line the bottom of a crockpot with a washcloth or folded hand towel and fill halfway with warm water.
Place the sealed jar into the crockpot, cover the crockpot with a lid if it fits, and set it on warm for an entire day (24 hours). Shake occasionally for best results.
Using an oven mitt, remove the jar from the crockpot. Open the jar and allow to cool for at least an hour.
Using cheesecloth or a bubble bag, strain the vegetable glycerine into a small bowl or into another jar. Save the cheesecloth bag of leftover material and make a batch of High Chai.
Transfer vegetable glycerine tincture into dropper bottles using a small funnel (optional).

Budmiser, no sir, I seen that way to do it, at present no crock pot, and using rosin vs flower.

What I did was use a double boiler, and decarbed rosin. Dropped it in the glycerine and hoped it would melt in, but no go, hash just floats on the top.

Guess I run down to Wally World and pick up a crock pot, thanks for checkin in, much appreciated.

Does sound like you need to re-liquify the rosin to get it to combine with the glycerin.
Two different density liquids may still require some play to combine but low heat should do the trick on getting the rosin back to a liquid form.
Good luck and keep us informed on your results CBF

Back