Help can I mix miracle grow moisture control with 20% buffered cocc coir

MOP

another day pain free
Question this is my first outdoor grow

can I mix 50% miracle grow moisture control with 20% buffered coco coir and 30% perlite in 30 gallon smart pots cant I just reduce my dolomite lime to maybe half

MY QUESTION IS CAN I MIX COCO COIR WITH THE PEAT MOSS IN THE MGMC??? :salut:

Is the neutral PH of 7 ok with this mixture????

For sure man.... but, be careful using this mix outdoors with felt pots.. don't get me wrong, the plants will thrive. BUT, watch your moisture big time as those pots dry out FAST..

Especially if it's a thin felt non woven.. but man, you stay on top of watering and your gonna see great things..

ph of 7 is just fine, try to feed at 6.5 to 6.8 ... watch your calmag, the coir can be tricky to work with at first.. but I actually recommend this to anyone.. my favorite soil is Roots

Organics.. soiless mix based on guanos and................ Coir. yup. I have my buddy mixing his FFOF with coir because the soil is a bit hot... be careful which coir you purchase..

some are not rinsed, you'll see a bad redness to the water when it starts to break up... stay with brand name . My preference is by GH... Coco Tek.

Also, please don't use miracle grow anything. You'll get harsh, nasty flower. Make sure you have plenty of calcium when using coco and you're much better off with something like a tea from Dr. Earth dry organics or there's a bunch of better nutrients. The best coco I've used, by far, is Big City.

Also, please don't use miracle grow anything. You'll get harsh, nasty flower. Make sure you have plenty of calcium when using coco and you're much better off with something like a tea from Dr. Earth dry organics or there's a bunch of better nutrients. The best coco I've used, by far, is Big City.

if that's not enougbh of a reason, I will not throw a single nickel at anything owned by Scotts/Momsanto. They, through a shell company have bought up Gavita, Botanicare, General Hydroponics, Hydro Farm. You want to see big corps take over, there you have it. Can't do it and won't.

Dr Earth is great. I'm currently using Fox Farms Strawberry Fields and loving it. Plants love it too

Back