Hello From Humboldt

Growhumboldt

I just wanted to say high everybody! I’m kind of new to the Cabana. I did lurk around a few years back then decided social media wasn’t for me at the time. I worked as a moderator on another site for a year or so then dropped off for a few years.
I’ve been doing my thing here in Humboldt since 1987 when I planted my first plant in high school. The rest is history. I’ve have grown almost every classic strain throughout the years and continue to manage about 30 plants in my library. Over the past few years I’ve lost a few of them. Thankfully I made seeds from most of them before the tragedy. I always have some plants in the breeding tent.
In the past few years I’ve gotten into mushrooms. During that quest I found that tissue culture is similar to growing mushoooms. I was able to preserve several of my strains using TC , but most importantly am able to crack those tough old seeds in TC media.
I’m looking forward to meeting folks here on here and interacting on the forum.
Have a great day everyone!

I just wanted to say high everybody! I’m kind of new to the Cabana. I did lurk around a few years back then decided social media wasn’t for me at the time. I worked as a moderator on another site for a year or so then dropped off for a few years.
I’ve been doing my thing here in Humboldt since 1987 when I planted my first plant in high school. The rest is history. I’ve have grown almost every classic strain throughout the years and continue to manage about 30 plants in my library. Over the past few years I’ve lost a few of them. Thankfully I made seeds from most of them before the tragedy. I always have some plants in the breeding tent.
In the past few years I’ve gotten into mushrooms. During that quest I found that tissue culture is similar to growing mushoooms. I was able to preserve several of my strains using TC , but most importantly am able to crack those tough old seeds in TC media.
I’m looking forward to meeting folks here on here and interacting on the forum.
Have a great day everyone!
I worked up 36 towards bridgeville for a bit. Def love the area. I’m interested in your seed cracking tc method. I have some old killer seed that would be nice to revive or at least get a mom or two out of. Nice to meet ya.
-ct-

I know Bridgeville well. I live near by. My tc method is still far from perfect. Out of a couple hundred I popped maybe 7 made past the process. It’s difficult to take a tc start and climatize. Out of the 7 I ended up with a keeper. It’s a sweet sour. I crossed Durban and sd back in the early 2000’s. Then hit it with a purple kush male. I call it lost coast sour. It’s a super sweet hard hitting sour looking plant. I only ended up with one, but she’s healthy and super nice. I reversed her last year for preservation. I’ve popped a number of seeds and the sweet turps only come out in about 10%. I plan on back crossing eventually. Just need space in the pollination tent.

Back