Heart attack?

Kurious

Is it possible to have a heart attack from vaping to much? My friend went to the doctors the other day. He was told that he had a minor heart attack previously. He has no recollection of it.

The only thing he can come up with for a cause is vaping. He is a light weight when it comes to smoking. We were sitting at the table vaping. He took 3 hits and it was lights out. He stayed seated but he was out cold. I kept an eye on him to make sure he kept breathing. He has had a major stroke and half is body doesn't function properly.

When he started to get coherent he felt like he was going to puke but didn't. Took a few hours for him to return to normal. Said he had been that high before from edibles.

Recently he has been having problems with gird. When he walks it starts. Doctors can't get it under control. Now he has to go in for stress tests.

Thanks for any and all opinions on this matter.

Kurious

Three hits from a vape is not going to give you a heart attack. What’s his age? Does he consider himself a healthy person? What’s his diet and excersize program look like?

really don't know what to tell ya Kurious..I have high blood pressure and tired the vaping once and edibles once and didn't like it..made me feel uncomfortable and felt like my heart was pumping faster..
back in the 70s did lots of oils but as I'm in my 60s now just prefer to twist a pinner or take a few hits off my glass pipe before bed..I really liked the volcano but don't use it anymore..lighting up a doobie is so much easier..I always have cananbis tea before bed made with my homegrown and it really helps with getting a good night sleep..
I'm guessing he has other medical issues and he hope finds out what the problem is..

Kurious, he could've had a minor heart attack and thought it was a bad bout of indigestion, or he could've had it while sleeping (though it probably would wake him up unless he was dead drunk). But I have never heard of someone having a heart attack from vaping or smoking cannabis. Of course, if you are on the edge of it, anything can trigger it; getting out of bed, taking a dump, whatever.

Best wishes for your friend, sounds like he has some health challenges.

70% of men have at least one if not multiple strokes in their lifetime without knowing. Bad thing is like earthquakes the big one is coming.

A doctor should be involved so tests can be run and analyzed so treatment if any required.

As with most things like stroke and heart attaches diet,life style, age and fitness all play a part.

If the guy has had a stroke, he damn sure shouldn’t be smoking anything.

My buddy is on oxygen, has a oxygen monitor, when he used edibles his % of oxygen drops. Why I have no clue.

No one here’s a doctor to the best of my knowledge, if the guy went unconscious from a dab rip, I would say he needs to go see a doc ASAP, and quit tokin. How fuckin stupid he didn’t go or you didn’t take him. Wtf

My friend is 59. Had his stroke about 10 years ago. He wouldn't go to the hospital at the time of the vape incident. I'm in deep shit if one shouldn't be smoking after a stroke. Had my stoke a few years back. He has bad indigestion. Eats tums all the time.

Kurious

Yeah I’ve had a stroke as well, flight for life. Artebral arteries going to the brain in the neck. One was almost closed most likely due to smoking cigs. The other was clotted, vertebral dissection, also known as chiropractic dissection. Most likely happened operating a dozer with my head turned rearward. Was pushing gob for over a month at the coal mines, spent most of the day with head turned.

Put a stent In the one, and the clot cleared and didn’t kill me.

Quite a lot of young men, 30-40, have had chiropractic dissections to there vertebral arteries, it’s kinda getting to be a common occurrence.. you can live fine with just one vertebral artery, the dissection usually isn’t found to somethin happens to the other.

I’ve never had anyone have a heart attack to my knowledge but I’ve had a few pass out and piss themselves
LoL, about 20 years ago I’d some friends over and this girl brought a friend I didn’t know. We were doing hot knifes of hash and when the new girl took her hit she fell straight back stiff as a board, wham! Never seen anything like it before.A few minutes later she was alright.

Yeah I’ve had a stroke as well, flight for life. Artebral arteries going to the brain in the neck. One was almost closed most likely due to smoking cigs. The other was clotted, vertebral dissection, also known as chiropractic dissection. Most likely happened operating a dozer with my head turned rearward. Was pushing gob for over a month at the coal mines, spent most of the day with head turned.

Put a stent In the one, and the clot cleared and didn’t kill me.

Quite a lot of young men, 30-40, have had chiropractic dissections to there vertebral arteries, it’s kinda getting to be a common occurrence.. you can live fine with just one vertebral artery, the dissection usually isn’t found to somethin happens to the other.

It's not called a chiropractic dissection, no one calls it that. Ever. And if you have a physician calling it that, they are incorrect, that's not the name of the physical problem. It's called a vertebral artery dissection and as you've noted multiple times, it's not from a chiropractor.

It's not called a chiropractic dissection, no one calls it that. Ever. And if you have a physician calling it that, they are incorrect, that's not the name of the physical problem. It's called a vertebral artery dissection and as you've noted multiple times, it's not from a chiropractor.

Uh, I think that’s what I said, vertebral dissection, also known as as chiropractic dissection. Wtf, you got some kinda wood. And yes it is called chiropractic dissection in certain cases. Google it dude.

Our endocannabinoid systems don't control our heartbeat or respiration, which is why you don't hear of serious OD's killing anyone.

A covert heart attack suggests a blood supply to his heart muscle issue, such as clogged veins. Has he been stress tested and radioactive dye checked?

From a global perspective, heavy hacking after vaping certainly compresses the chest, and might be a contributing factor, but unlikely the root cause.

Could have been pesticides, adulteration, or other evil spirits in the dab...........

Could be no association whatsoever, but the first guilty thought that pops into his mind when considering a heart attack at his age and what insalubrious acts on his part might be the cause.

At 16 my thought would have been masturbation and at 75, getting lucky would be the first probable heart attack cause that pops through my brain, followed by old age, lack of exercise, and bacon and eggs being my breakfast of choice. Booze, dabs, and sinful debauchery of course following and co-mingled in places.

Last edited:
I'm trying to discern whether this is a Cardiac problem or an effect from his Stroke.

3 hits and he passed out (while on edibles). I'm thinking his carotid artery was not open enough to deliver blood and oxygen to the brain.... hence him falling out. Similar to that old trick of bear hugging someone until they pass out.
But, I wouldn't also rule heart disease out either unless I could read his EKG. Nausea is a symptom of an MI, as is left arm pain and respiratory anomalies.
Is he on Nexium for the GERD before it develops into a Hiatal Hernia?

Is it possible to have a heart attack from vaping to much?
No. Refer to Grayfox's post. However, you can get panic attacks that emulate a heart attack.

That's generally for people who have routine cervical adjustments (chiropractic). You might want to ask XO.
The correct term is vertebral artery dissection whereas the other mainly refers to chiropractic manipulation that affects the arteries.

One can also have what's called a "Carotid Bruit", a restriction in your carotid arteries, thus reducing blood and oxygenation flow. Stroke patients frequently have these.

Many people have minor Myocardial Infarction's (heart attacks) without ever knowing about them until they have an EKG, which usually isn't done for that age.

No one here’s a doctor to the best of my knowledge, if the guy went unconscious from a dab rip, I would say he needs to go see a doc ASAP, and quit tokin. How fuckin stupid he didn’t go or you didn’t take him. Wtf
Although that could have been worded better, he's right. Technically, whenever you lose consciousness, you should go in and be seen immediately.

This sounds like a young man trapped in an old man's body. I'll bet there was a lot of alcohol and possibly crank involved previously?

My friend flunked his stress test. Some kind of blockage. He told me what it is but I forgot what he said. Waiting for the hospital to call to schedule the procedure. Said he would be in and out in a day. Probably put in a stint. Hopefully that's all he needs.

Kurious

The term should have been CAD or to be exact, Atherosclerosis. When all coronary arteries are blocked with plaque, a CABG (coronary artery bypass graft) is usually in order (taking leg veins and grafting them onto the heart).
If the arterial build-up is not severe in the coronary arteries occluded, they'll put a stent in as opposed to any grafting, if they are able to.
Without a graft or stent, the occluded artery will not provide oxygenated blood to that part of the heart muscle. When part of the muscle dies, that's referred to as a heart attack.

This should be a warning to your friend to consider lifestyle changes.proxy.duckduckgo.com.png

Life style changes may be what caused the problem. After his stroke he sat around and did nothing. Would not even do the physical therapy exercises they recommend to regain full use of his arm and leg.

We 4 wheel ride in some desolute country. For safety sake he needed to be able to walk better. He decided to start walking for exercise. He got up to a mile nonstop on level ground. Then one day his left shoulder started hurting. After that every time he walked the gerd got really bad so he quit walking. He went to the doctor about the gerd that's when they told him he had had a heart attack.

Kurious

Thank all of you for your input. This is why I eat right and excersize and most of all keep my mind right. I agree with Annaba, the mind is powerful. Time and time again I see the “I can’t” people and that mind state leads them to a shitty result.

Back