Hands Free Harvest SOP

Okiedope

Bro Science!
Necessary Equipment - You need about $850 worth of equipment to never have to pay another subscription for a Hands Free Harvest solution.

Scale -
Ohaus R31P30 Ranger 3000 Compact Bench Scale, 30 kg (30031711) - $496.66
Hardware Wedge -
Ohaus Ranger SmartCable Gage Interface with Excel Output - $249.00
ASDQMS Industrial Footswitch - $55.00
USB Barcode Scanner - any usb barcode scanner will work here. get one with a stand if you want it to be truely hands free
Computer - must have at least 2 USB ports for wedge and barcode scanner.
A note on hardware...
The functionality of the Hardware Wedge can be replaced with a software if you want to try to save $305. You can do this with a keyboard emulator if you are so inclined. At our facility we KISS. The hardware wedge works right every time and is easy to configure.

Configuration of Scale and Hardware Wedge
Set up the Ohaus Ranger 3000 with the included hook. If your scale didn't come with this hook, I'm sorry it's super expensive. You don't need to do any additional configuration in order to output to excel using the wedge and footswitch. If you don't want to use the footswitch, there is a configuration on the scale to only log weights when it reaches equilibrium. You're on your own on this one tho.
Connect the Hardware Wedge to the scale with the serial port cable. Connect the footswitch to the Hardware Wedge.
Set up the Hardware Wedge to tab over when the foot petal is pressed by moving the set screw into the '1' position. You will have to remove the two small screws on the faceplate to gain access.

Take the weight measurment first when scanning. Footswitch trigger will capture weight + tab. USB Barcode Scanner will capture METRC tag + return for next weight capture.

You're now in business to start capturing wet weights subscription free. No one should have to pay $900 a month for this shit. Happy growing!

That’s pretty dope. Then you’ve just import the excel file?

I like your style. We coming for that belt.
You can import into metrc as a csv with a bit of editing.

Damn, coming for me at the Cabana too? Lol. We're ready, brother. Summer Slam is happening a little early this year! You know we stay ready for that Pepsi Challenge. Whatchagonnado when Borneomania and these 24" pythons come for you, brother? We'll see you in February.

Back