Gummy Bears

l337

My wife said she wants to make some medicated gummy bears. Does anyone know a good recipe to make them?

I'd leave it to the pros..it takes some serious candy making equipment and $$$..
but never hurts to give it a try..

the problem with the gummy recipes I had tried is that they must be refrigerated and not kept at room temps...even in the fridge they will eventually morph into a sticky mess. I found hard candies easy to make and easier to store.

the problem with the gummy recipes I had tried is that they must be refrigerated and not kept at room temps...even in the fridge they will eventually morph into a sticky mess. I found hard candies easy to make and easier to store.

And boy do they work... I have a great friend who surprises us from time to time with hard candies that resemble Jolly Ranchers in size, a bit larger.. many diff flavors and taste great.. when he upped the dosage a bit they worked perfect for my wife's aches n pains... thanks B ..

Do your research.. :chef:

Unlimited potential......

If I had a million dollars to invest in a cannabis business, it would be chamoy gummy bears.

They have recipes on the net on how to make Chamoy Gummy bears.

Attachments

• chamoy2.jpg
    chamoy2.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 95
I wanted to try some but the wife pulled the "not with kids in the house" card... She's got a valid point

I have a great recipe for them, they last for at least 3 months in the fridge and up to a month at cool room temp. They might last longer, but that's the time frame so far.

I infuse 3g of decarbed shatter into 3g of coconut oil. That goes into:

180g Jello
32.4g gelatin
255ml water
1/2 tsp mold inhibitor for candies
4-6 tsp food grade vegetable glycerine
1.5 tsp sunflower lecithin

Mix water, Jello and gelatin in a non-stick pot, cover and let bloom for 10 minutes. Heat mixture to 150f, add shatter/coconut oil mix, add mold inhibitor, add 4 tsp glycerine. Mix and let sit a minute or two to make sure the shatter mix is emulsified, if not, add tsp of glycerine until completely emulsified. Add lecithin last. Keep this mix between 160-170f and fill the molds of your choice. You'll have to mix every so often as the sunflower lecithin doesn't emulsify completely without overdoing it with the glycerine.

After the molds are filled, I put them in the fridge for a half hour, then they get put into cornstarch for a few hours to take out any excess moisture. The cornstarch is then rinsed with in ice water. Dry them out and they are ready to go.

I make roughly 240 gummy bears with these for "micro-dosing", so it's much easier to not overdo it. Start with one, check effects and take more as needed. I shot for roughly 10mg per bear, but I won't know until I get them tested.

When my bottle of lecithin runs out, I might try soy lecithin which is less oily, so I don't have to keep mixing often.

I make a LOT of these, they are very popular.

A friend of mine has his 97 old father in a nursing home .
He called him up the other day and said son a friend of mine has been giving me gummy bears in the home as a treat and its funny because these gummy bears are better then any pill I have ever taken I feel GREAT !

A friend of mine has his 97 old father in a nursing home .
He called him up the other day and said son a friend of mine has been giving me gummy bears in the home as a treat and its funny because these gummy bears are better then any pill I have ever taken I feel GREAT !

A friend's wife has some health issues and she says the gummies help keep her off of the big pharma meds. That makes me really happy.

I have a great recipe for them, they last for at least 3 months in the fridge and up to a month at cool room temp. They might last longer, but that's the time frame so far.

I infuse 3g of decarbed shatter into 3g of coconut oil. That goes into:

180g Jello
32.4g gelatin
255ml water
1/2 tsp mold inhibitor for candies
4-6 tsp food grade vegetable glycerine
1.5 tsp sunflower lecithin

Mix water, Jello and gelatin in a non-stick pot, cover and let bloom for 10 minutes. Heat mixture to 150f, add shatter/coconut oil mix, add mold inhibitor, add 4 tsp glycerine. Mix and let sit a minute or two to make sure the shatter mix is emulsified, if not, add tsp of glycerine until completely emulsified. Add lecithin last. Keep this mix between 160-170f and fill the molds of your choice. You'll have to mix every so often as the sunflower lecithin doesn't emulsify completely without overdoing it with the glycerine.

After the molds are filled, I put them in the fridge for a half hour, then they get put into cornstarch for a few hours to take out any excess moisture. The cornstarch is then rinsed with in ice water. Dry them out and they are ready to go.

I make roughly 240 gummy bears with these for "micro-dosing", so it's much easier to not overdo it. Start with one, check effects and take more as needed. I shot for roughly 10mg per bear, but I won't know until I get them tested.

When my bottle of lecithin runs out, I might try soy lecithin which is less oily, so I don't have to keep mixing often.

I make a LOT of these, they are very popular.
Thanks for posting this, was looking into these and just need to grab some lecithin.
Im gonna use coconut oil that has been infused with trim to start. Then maybe i will try the extract infusion for a comparison.

Hoping i can pull off something half decent.

Peas

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Back