Guided shroom tour?

Variety

Higher Meditation
Hello shroom heads! J was wondering if any of you have ever been on a guided shroom tour? I don’t know if that is what it’s called but I have a local friend that did this with a witch doctor down in Mexico. It was years ago but I’ve seen a lot of change for the better in him.
If you’ve ever done this please share your experience if you so wish too.

That’s exactly what I am talking about G! Don’t have a subscription to vice though. These people can play with the mind like play doh.

That’s exactly what I am talking about G! Don’t have a subscription to vice though. These people can play with the mind like play doh.

If you search, you'll find the episodes for free. Binge watched them a few months ago. Holler if you can't find them.

Went to a retreat center "Sur Les Toits du Monde" close to Magog in the eastern part of Quebec a few years back for an Ayahuasca ceremony with a Shaman from Colombia. The center and hostess were awesome. Was very affordable as there was a tenting option for $25 or private room for $40, and ceremony fees were direct to the Shaman for each night, with choice of either night or both.
Don't see anything on the calendar, and who knows with borders and all, but happy to pass along her contact info to anyone interested via PM, or just reach out directly via the website. They work with various plant medicines, not sure regulations with mushrooms versus other entheogens. It would simply be a nice spot for a weekend getaway for the Eastern Canuks. The website is: https://www.surlestoitsdumondespa.com/

I’ve not taken a trip anywhere, but I have always found short and long term benefits from a couple/few goes a year. If I traveled it would likely be to Peru for an ayoausca(sp?) week

Several friends (3) have done it here in Colorado. .5-2 gm guys with plenty of practical social doses doing 5-8 gm instead. Not sure it’s changed who they are, or given them �� of intended results. But all have said it was an amazing, highly recommended experience. My local connect on fungus has suggested the same and offered to make the intro for me. Intrigued. But, hey, do I really need a guide? Or just a safe space and a friend? I suppose if I had something I was trying to resolve within myself it would help. But perhaps I’m more interested in the journey than the result?

Dunno. Would love to hear of anyone’s experience here.

Toying with the idea of a 5G dose. To be continued…

Fh

i dealt psychedelics for a while 1969 - 1970 on Winthrop Beach, a great night scene of all sorts. Some folks would hang out and drop with me and it was like a tour where we would walk away from any ugly vibes and head for more beautiful spaces. Funny as hell how some of the simplest, every-day experiences blow your mind. The jetties on the beach would 'breath' with each wave coming in and forcing water and air up through the boulders. :) "WOW" lmao
Once we were tripping and retired to a quiet place by the sandbar under the water tower. We had found discarded lawn chairs along the way so we had a nice set up. One goof was busy crushing caterpillars with delight. I got tired of that and asked the dude to "smell you fingers now, they smell like caterpillar blood, yes?" He ran away. We ran into him hours later, the typical hysterical, wild-eye freak-out. He was 'happy?' to see us, I guess. "I dunno about you all but with me nothing is real." Well, he'd been walking the shore drive, which was a zoo of bikers, stoners, drinking kids and barbiturate addicts (Nodders). So we went down to the jetty and the guy chilled out.
Tripping is great. I found as I had a family and legit full time occupation tripping was only done on Fridays to give time to recover before the next work week. Even so, many, many more memorable times with psychedelics.
Wife and kid, we took a trip from Boston to Montgomery Center, Vt in the summer of 1975. The area was a hippy haven at the time, communes all over. Well, I was holding a stash of purple microdot acid for a pal, 100-150 tabs. I could take or sell some but he expected to get some back. Well, the town was dry as a bone. No weed for weeks up there. And there had been bad vibes between some straight locals, and the freaks and it involved the Vt State Troopers. Well, I broke out the acid and everybody wanted some. And the village went fucking nuts. The bar never closed and no one was working the bar. But no issues there. Due to the animosity of the factions, a bunch of freaks stole a mailbox of one of the local cop-tattling ass-aches and they burned it in the middle of the road. Yut, State Police investigation. :) I went back to Boston with no acid but given the nickname of Dr. Carl, "Doctor of Social Medicine". And those still living remember a time of their lives. I moved to the area to stay in 1978.

...do I really need a guide? Or just a safe space and a friend?

Just my opinion...

I do not feel there is any need for a guide...nor a babysitter.
Prior to my first hero dose, I was concerned that I needed someone there to make sure I didn't do anything stupid. Couldn't find anyone willing to not partake and watch over me for that long...so I said fuk it and went in solo. Just kept reminding myself that no matter how it goes, it will be over in 6 hours. By the time it was over, I realized I was fine by myself.

But what I will say is important, is set and setting.
Be in the right mindset when you do them. Senses are elevated, so don't do it if you're in a sour mood. I try to empty my mind prior...being basically in a happy frame of mind. Be in a comfortable environment. If messy bothers you, clean beforehand. If you want music, set it up before you start. Once you start tripping, text often appears as a foreign language, and you forget how to opperate simple things like remote controls.

The only purpose I see for a guide, is to answer any questions you have before you trip.

Back