Growing OG in Soil

trashsstash

I was hoping to get some tips and tricks on growing OG type strains in soil.

I’m currently running one 3’x3’ tent and like to run Roots Organic soil in five gallon pots with pretty much just water until harvest. I know my basement is cold, and for most of my runs I’ve had a heater to keep it near 75 Fahrenheit. So far, I’ve seen some plants do pretty well in my setup.

I’ve ran some of CSI’s Triangle Kush work, and while they have hints of the nose I’m looking for in flower, I just feel like they’re not up to the strain’s full potential. Chemdog leaning plants give me a similar vibe. Lucky Dog’s Guerrilla Fumé is a strong happy high, but there was this great flavor that was so muted. These plants always look less chunky compared to other peoples pictures as well.

Sorry for all that. Anything helps lol

It is LED, a small HLG. I also veg for like 5 weeks cuz I’m impatient. I usually start in a cup, go to a one gallon, then a five gallon but I’m not sure how long in each. At least a week in veg in the five gallon, and I like to top for 4 mains. I get rid of a lot of branches going into flower. And it’s just the soil i buy in a bag and water the whole time

I’m probably hurting myself by not vegging long enough. Idk what difference root ball makes. And I know temps being this cold is bad too.

I appreciate the HID comment! What else do you wanna know about my tent? Do you think any amendments add to the funk?

Back