Grow Thread

Heck yeah!! Looks awesome Growhumboldt!!

Howzit DMAN MyDBear & everyone else!! How you folks doin?

I invested in a fridge for saving genes & made my first liquid culture jars(now sitting on the fridge)

Common wisdom says to wait a few days... or weeks... see if anything grows before innoculating(from either another liquid culture, or clean agar)

I plan to put isolated B+ liquid culture into these jars

I'm trying to work clean, preventing contamination is everything

If I'm doing anything wrong or if you folks see anything I could do better please let me know!!

Attachments

• 20240412_223722~2.jpg
    20240412_223722~2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
1000002051.jpg

1000002043.jpg

Howzit!

Today I inoculated 8 more grain bags & 5 more grain jars.

I got my working area set up how I like it & am able to work clean.

Currently have 6 or so shoeboxes, which are shred PF Tek BRF cakes to bulk with a 1:2 spawn:substrate ratio & Casing layer.

Tomorrow I will start dunking more BRF cakes, try to birth some the traditional way & the rest shred to bulk in shoeboxes

1000002261.jpg

1000002230.jpg

Howzit!

Things are going really well. I've harvested about an ounce dry so far & a lot more on the way.

I ditched the PF Tek cakes, one cake got contaminated with trich so I just threw that whole tub out

I really like the shoebox tek, contam is quarantined

More updates to come later this week!

These are woodlovers Psilocybe allenii and Psilocybe cyanescens.Used to love indoor fruits but anymore nature has to make it happen,maybe I encourage a little bit ;)
View attachment 361512View attachment 361513
Nice! What’s your process for growing them outside? I get some volunteers now and again and would love to get a bed going in the garden. I currently grow wine caps and morels in outdoor beds.

Back