going to try something new...

I am glad you are trying it avo that way I can learn from your R&D work.
I put filters on my intake ducts, mainly to keep the bugs out of the grow room, but I found lost of dust on them and clean them once a week or every two weeks when I seen the build up on them.
Never did the root thing in water, rather I have cut on angle at the base of the stock, set the plant in a bucket of water and let is set for a day. I called it main veining the flush. I did this when the air was dry as hell. I believe in a slow drying process and having internal moisture in the plant was needed to achieve this other wise hanging plants where dry in days rather than weeks.
Can not wait to here your input on this test avo.

Well I can't disagree with you since I have no idea. I do agree with your latter statements though. It is all crazy. I suppose I'm comfortable with learning 1000 ways not to do something. R&D is half the fun for me. I want to know the why, just as equally as the how.

ahhhh got it. then i apologize. i misunderstood your intent. YES, there's nothing like first hand experience. nothing there looks like it will hurt you so i say experiment to your hearts content. :)

oh and here's the link to the thread i referred to:
https://www.thecannacabana.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24413

I know many outdoor guys here in the dusty foothills that do this - never seen it done indoors except for a PM wash (with either oxidate or h2o2/water)

it for sure wont hurt

edit: I built a box for my intake that utilizes air filters from an AC/Heating return so dust is kept to a minimum - some wolfdog hair does get in the grow from time to time but my garden helper insists that "the white wolf hair is where the magic comes from"

Last edited:
I am glad you are trying it avo that way I can learn from your R&D work.
I put filters on my intake ducts, mainly to keep the bugs out of the grow room, but I found lost of dust on them and clean them once a week or every two weeks when I seen the build up on them.
Never did the root thing in water, rather I have cut on angle at the base of the stock, set the plant in a bucket of water and let is set for a day. I called it main veining the flush. I did this when the air was dry as hell. I believe in a slow drying process and having internal moisture in the plant was needed to achieve this other wise hanging plants where dry in days rather than weeks.
Can not wait to here your input on this test avo.

Thanks for the interest, man. I'm a little nervous about it. Is it done yet? haha

ahhhh got it. then i apologize. i misunderstood your intent. YES, there's nothing like first hand experience. nothing there looks like it will hurt you so i say experiment to your hearts content. :)

oh and here's the link to the thread i referred to:
https://www.thecannacabana.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24413

That thread was an interesting read. Thanks, NoMan!

I know many outdoor guys here in the dusty foothills that do this - never seen it done indoors except for a PM wash (with either oxidate or h2o2/water)

it for sure wont hurt

edit: I built a box for my intake that utilizes air filters from an AC/Heating return so dust is kept to a minimum - some wolfdog hair does get in the grow from time to time but my garden helper insists that "the white wolf hair is where the magic comes from"

How hard was it to build the box and what was the cost? I've been pretty limited to what I'm able to do with my grow room since I rent. Currently the lady and I are shopping for a house and I get free rein of the basement! So when that happens I'll have to get serious and try to grow some better stuff so I can reinvest. A mini-split would solve everything for me... Thank god I live in a med state.

So last Sunday I ended up taking the buds out of drying and into jars. My thoughts on it is I don't want to say it is something remarkable. I suppose if someone was foliar feeding their plants enough it might be better for them. Or, if growing in a dirty environment I suppose.

The differences in the two? There isn't much at all really. Both buds are burning smooth with some clean ash. These buds haven't been cured. I don't notice a potency difference at all. For some reason though the washed stuff does smoke smoother. I have the last 3 plants coming down in about 3 weeks. I plan on washing 2 out of the 3 without second guessing it. I just find myself digging into the washed jar more often than the unwashed stuff.

meh I had everything here already to build the box - just some plywood, 1x2s to frame the filter and some foil duct tape to seal it all up

Breeze, hope you see this old thread! Did you continue this or stop? I am going to try it out this round, I have some bugs that have died on the buds and would rather they not be there during consumption. Any pointers you can give? I've seen some videos and other tutorials on some other sites, I'm going all in! Thanks!!

Back