gmo Grows Granddaddy Purple (NorCal Heirloom)

gmo

A special one on deck. Plugged and awaiting roots. A cut dating back to the 1980s. Let's see how it stands up to the test of time. Hint: it's gonna be good

Grandaddy Purple (Humboldt Heirloom cut)

I'll be using the following equipment for this grow cycle:
4'x4' AC Infinity tent
1x Mars Hydro FCE8000
Homemade LP Aeroponics tote (27 gallons)
6" AC Infinity t6 fan and filter
GH Flora line 6 part nutrients
Apera PH700, PH60 and EC60 meters
Humidifier/dehumidifier
Hisense 5500BTU air conditioner piped in (when needed)
Clip-on fans
JBJ Arctica 1/15th HP chiller (when needed)
50w aquarium heater (when needed)
308515-20231026-092126.jpg310300-20231115-235347.jpg308516-Screenshot-20231019-132533-Instagram.jpg

I vegged for 7 weeks, which is a bit longer than usual. I always try to fill the tent footprint prior to flipping. Generally that takes 5-6 weeks, multiple toppings and trellis training. This particular strain did not respond well to trellis training. The nodes grow very close together with little stretch and the leafs are very large (dinner plate size or larger). It did respond well to topping and I've created a nice even canopy.
I flipped these 5 days ago. Off to the races!
20240108_225116.jpg20240108_225136.jpg20240108_225038.jpg

Ya it’s like you never even touched em less than a week later. My buddies way back when always said, “ Are you trying to grow leaves, or buds”?

Great looking @gmo. I'm happy this cut made it back into your staple. Do you have good provenance of this cut or are you running it to see if it is what you remember? I unfortunately can't say I've had true GDP. I'll be watching from the sidelines. I know a few people who just picked up some GDP S1s from CSI so I wonder how different those will be compared to the mom.

Reactions: gmo
Great looking @gmo. I'm happy this cut made it back into your staple. Do you have good provenance of this cut or are you running it to see if it is what you remember? I unfortunately can't say I've had true GDP. I'll be watching from the sidelines. I know a few people who just picked up some GDP S1s from CSI so I wonder how different those will be compared to the mom.
Thanks KK. Yes, fantastic provenance that can be traced back at least 14 years from this source and much further back from their source. We'll know more in a few weeks, but for now I'm satisfied to finally have a cut that tests clean and has history. Fingers crossed.

That is the best situation. With so many people selling clones now a days who knows what is what. Being able to go back to an original source is worth its weight in gold. You're a great person so I hope your good karma assisted in the GDP finding its way back to you. Can't wait to see it flowered out.

man that's pretty. I have some GDP beans I picked up on a whim from Pacific. You're really tempting me to pop one to see if they are even remotely close to the real deal. GDP is becoming very popular here. Damn stuff actually smells purple and tastes purple too.

Back