From dirt to bubble bucket

nannymouse

Never was a hydro person, so don't know how to answer the question of how to take a revegged mum in dirt and prep her for a bubble bucket. Probably covered somewhere else...

Anybody?

i go from coco to dirt all the time when i root a clone for a new mom, but i've never taken a plant that's in dirt and put her in hydro before. I'm gonna second Defacto's suggestion.

I'm not a hydro person either but that seems like it would be a hard thing to do. You'd basically have to remove all soil from roots, which would be hard to do w/o harming them. I think Defacto's suggestion to clone it might be easier...

Reactions: GOZ
I'd like to hear you biobucket plans nannymouse.

What is prompting you to abandon good old dirt?

(My black buckets & lids are here.) :)

Walmart Buckets small.jpg

I have a friend who's not into hydro either. He just pulled his plants out, and rinsed off the roots in his sink, and stuck them in his dwc buckets, before I could tell him he was nuts! And I'll be damned! It worked!

I have a friend who's not into hydro either. He just pulled his plants out, and rinsed off the roots in his sink, and stuck them in his dwc buckets, before I could tell him he was nuts! And I'll be damned! It worked!

Exactly what I was going to suggest to do... it does work. I'd soak the roots for a bit in a solution with thrive alive and or roots66 in it.. I think you soak for like 15min then finish up.. trim the root ball back to suit your needs.. watch her close, foilage feed if needed..

Egads, i already said that it probably wouldn't work, so will need to contact again. All these years hanging around here (and there) i never heard of it being done, didn't know if the dirt roots would drown. But, come to think of it, I HAVE done this with tomatos, which i started so early that they outgrew their quart pots, so i just took cuttings and put them in water, in the window until they could be planted. I guess that would be dirt to water, then back to dirt.

Thanks for replies and hints

i don't think that it was the 'keeper'. Some seed sisters were grown out and revegged while waiting for a quick cure and eval, i think. Probably just a 'faster' way to get 'more', since lay-offs, etc. I dunno. I'd probably say 'go for it' and see what happens?

So...is hempy 'dirt' atop a bubbling bucket, with roots hanging down into water, but dirt above and 'dry'...well, not completely dry, just fed watered as usual? I know nothing.

Idk about you guys, but I wanna know how mouse did? It's been six months...... Did you or did you not add mouse droppings to your plants? What made it get you so high? After all, I like chickens. But I'm fond of a fat cat now and then. :tumbleweed: I understand the railroad doesn't run near here frequently.

you have a possibly delicate situation ma'am

you can sit the dirt plant on top of the coco and let the roots grow in then slowly remove as much dirt as you can and pack with coco

or remove as much as you feel is safe and plant it in the coca

taking all the dirt off and transplanting may or may not work well

depends on the rootball

It wasn't me that was wondering, someone else asked and i had no idea. So, i see this thread years later and cannot even remember who asked. Look what they've done to my brain, mum.

Back