"Frequent high-dose" cannabis smoking associated with cardiovascular disease

sticky is as sticky does
"Frequent high-dose" cannabis smoking associated with cardiovascular disease

https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/...m/retrieve/pii/S0092867422004433?showall=true

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/know-study-linking-marijuana-cardiovascular-130000753.html

So I think this is a bit overblown. Most users of cannabis are not at increased risk for heart disease, but a small subset who use very high-THC products on a fairly heavy basis are. Meaning, people who do dabs all day long, frequently. Apparently this causes an irritation of the coronary arteries, which can cause a buildup of plaque, blocking the arteries and bingo, heart attack. The article didn't go into other factors that cause cardiovascular disease, but obviously if you smoke cigarettes, drink heavily, are overweight, etc., these all increase your risk.

Edit: "Can you hear me Dr. Wu?"

nice to know, I'll keep an eye out. :025:
personally, don't smoke butts, drink heavily or obese, eat healthy. but still feel like I'm a fucking hundred. :gramps:

Smoking anything is no good, kinda common knowledge, I’ve met some long time tokers when they get up in the am ya think there gonna die, the hack is terrible. Some people smoke there whole lives and never have some of the nasty problems others suffer.

Since cannabis has been illegal there’s no studies on life time tokers, id imagine it effects your lungs pretty much like tobacco. Sure, no one has ever been documented dieing from cannabis overdose, or use, I’m sure it’s contributed to some deaths, especially guys that smoke cigs and weed.

I've always assumed that smoking pot was roughly comparable in damage to tobacco.
However the saving grace is that not many people smoke over 20 joints a day like with cigarettes

......apparently it is way not like tobacco as far as damage

that said:

as with many different items ..."too much " is not always the best

Of all my vices (tobacco, cigarettes and lack of regular exercise) my cannabis smoking is the least of my worries. Of anything, it helps me chill out on the bad behaviors

look, death is generally painful and funless no matter how it goes. accident, dreadful disease, lingering solitary old age or whatever. so have it, whatever you enjoy while you can. :gramps:

it's always something

Nobody gets out alive ...and we all got it coming.

Life is for the Living, so Live it up

Dr Wu stated that todays joint can be 80% THC opposed to 5% TCH many years ago.

i call BS

what is considered "high dose" because i smoke top self and i consume at least a qp per month and i used to consume more. Within the last year i had a full cardiovascular check up and my heart is healthy so either im lucky, i still dont consume enough to be at risk or the article is propaganda.

peace

Dr Wu stated that todays joint can be 80% THC opposed to 5% TCH many years ago.

Yeah, I saw that too and interpreted it as either a typo, or a reference to some of those oil and kief laced cones you see on the market (which are still not 80%). The Cell article, while full of technical jargon, lays things out a bit more clearly.

And no, I don't think you (MORCHEEBA) are in the category of users they are talking about. I think they are specifically referring to people who dab all day, which is a fairly small subset of users.

too much of anything is not a good thing, folks. I've stayed away from concentrates because there are no real long term studies available. Personally, I don't think they are good on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Back