Freeze dryers

True Canna Genetics

Need to get back into hash making and a freeze dryer is top of the list as far as essential equipment upgrades. I know the industry standard appears to be Harvest Right but with AliBaba having units for a fraction of the cost I’m wondering if anyone else has experience of buying freeze dryers from China?

Need to get back into hash making and a freeze dryer is top of the list as far as essential equipment upgrades. I know the industry standard appears to be Harvest Right but with AliBaba having units for a fraction of the cost I’m wondering if anyone else has experience of buying freeze dryers from China?

Are the guts the same as the HarvestRights? Do they have oil-free units as well?

Hey True

I see no one answered you here but I’m also looking into a freeze dryer. Did you end up hearing anything outside of the cabana?

Harvest right dryers have issues too. They tend to fail after about 5 years. Sometimes it’s a small part and sometimes it’s major. I’ve repaired several over the years. I’m interested to see how a Chinese unit works. I didn’t realize they were available. How much are they? My dryer needs a compressor which is around $500. I haven’t bothered fixing it because I want to a dry sifter and have had great results and it’s a shorter process.

Harvest right dryers have issues too. They tend to fail after about 5 years. Sometimes it’s a small part and sometimes it’s major. I’ve repaired several over the years. I’m interested to see how a Chinese unit works. I didn’t realize they were available. How much are they? My dryer needs a compressor which is around $500. I haven’t bothered fixing it because I want to a dry sifter and have had great results and it’s a shorter process.
I assume they all break down eventually. How often were you using it?

How much material are you trying to work with? And just a heads up, hecho in USA = Hecho in China (1990).

Over time, most people will come to see that I am a hack at most things I do... I'm wondering if your dryer could be repaired by salvaging one out of an old refrigerator?

Back