franks dank growbook

Thinking about changing my lighting cycle from day time lights on to night time lights on. So Ill run my lights at night instead of the day. You think the plants will herm out if I do this? Day 20ish probably would do the change in a couple weeks so day like 30.

ITs starting to get hot here. . .

Anyone ever do this?

Thinking about changing my lighting cycle from day time lights on to night time lights on. So Ill run my lights at night instead of the day. You think the plants will herm out if I do this? Day 20ish probably would do the change in a couple weeks so day like 30.

ITs starting to get hot here. . .

Anyone ever do this?
i would think it’s possible to ease her off a hour or so each day till you get the ideal time especially being not to far into flower i would start soon as possible bubba

@kouchkushins Ill probably just rip the bandaid off if I get the balls to do it. after 24hours of dark they wont even know I bet. just wondering if anyone ever did that.

This is what your suggesting I see what your saying probably a good idea.

From another forum: "The safest way to do it to ensure that you don't stress your plants at all would be to go 12/13 until you reach 8 pm to 8 am and then you can go back to 12/12.
Mapped out it would look like this:
(- = lights on) (~= lights off)
Day 1: 10 - 22 ~
Day 2:~11 - 23 ~
Day 3: ~12 -
Day 4: -00~13 -
Day 5: -1~14 -
Day 6: -2~15-
Day 7: -3~16-
Day 8: -4~17-
Day 9: -5~18-
Day 10: -6~19-
Day 11: -7~20-
Day 12:-8~20

By doing that you're missing out on 12 hours of light, an hour each day. If you want a more direct route you could probably do
Day 1: 10 - 22~
Day 2: ~20-
Day 3: -8~20

That'd put your lady in the dark for 22 hours which would likely cause some stress but I'd like to think that shouldn't be enough to herm your plant. I don't have experience switching so drastically like you want to but logically these make the most sense to me. No risk of revegging and minimal risk of stress that could cause herming, all for the trade-off of less light for a 3-12 days. Just play around with the numbers and find whichever way seems best to you, maybe you can think of a way that makes more sense than these two."

Last edited:
@kouchkushins Ill probably just rip the bandaid off if I get the balls to do it. after 24hours of dark they wont even know I bet. just wondering if anyone ever did that.

This is what your suggesting I see what your saying probably a good idea.

From another forum: "The safest way to do it to ensure that you don't stress your plants at all would be to go 12/13 until you reach 8 pm to 8 am and then you can go back to 12/12.
Mapped out it would look like this:
(- = lights on) (~= lights off)
Day 1: 10 - 22 ~
Day 2:~11 - 23 ~
Day 3: ~12 -
Day 4: -00~13 -
Day 5: -1~14 -
Day 6: -2~15-
Day 7: -3~16-
Day 8: -4~17-
Day 9: -5~18-
Day 10: -6~19-
Day 11: -7~20-
Day 12:-8~20

By doing that you're missing out on 12 hours of light, an hour each day. If you want a more direct route you could probably do
Day 1: 10 - 22~
Day 2: ~20-
Day 3: -8~20

That'd put your lady in the dark for 22 hours which would likely cause some stress but I'd like to think that shouldn't be enough to herm your plant. I don't have experience switching so drastically like you want to but logically these make the most sense to me. No risk of revegging and minimal risk of stress that could cause herming, all for the trade-off of less light for a 3-12 days. Just play around with the numbers and find whichever way seems best to you, maybe you can think of a way that makes more sense than these two."
totally makes sense i think you should have great success i have done it few times accidentally had no light the whole 24hours and walked away fine by gradually implementing hours but not every cultivar might be so forgiving

Back