First time coco

AFK

Above the influence.alot.
Been working on my new room and getting things set up. Its not the prettiest but it is coming together.

Going to just post pics as things happen and of all the problems I run into trying to figure it out :)

Not sure why the photos are all wonky, ill try and figure that out for future posts lol

B29E0C41-B72C-4BD6-A2FF-B29375AD1475.jpg29CC2A39-694E-4A8E-8AB8-09F39524D098.jpg

Getting water supply hooked up next, hanging some lights, clones are on the way :)

Pull up a couch!

I liked coconut fiber, but always found that we had gnats with that and bagged garden soils. I'm thinking that it might be best for me to go back to straight perlite, as it seemed there was less problem with that. Not growing anything but houseplants and some veggies these days, and will try this out along with Osmocote Plus...just to see if that works.

I did discover that stuff they use for thrips (i forget what it's called right off, but it's in CaptainJack's Dead Bug), and am trying that on some peppers that darn near died, but they are in full recovery now. Some were totally leafless, but came back from root and stem. I still see flyers, but am working on it.

Good luck and will be watching.

No idea what brand, and i never trusted myself with straight hydro with it, so always added potting mix...and that is probably the culprit. Plus, any time that i used fish ferts, which i like very much...it either had gnat eggs in it or drew them like flies on fish.

Very few times in my life did i have access to a grow shop, so it was just trying to survive on big box stuff.

Ill keep a look out for gnats! Have had a couple people mention them so far so Im kinda not looking forward to that.

066B980B-26F7-46EE-B2C6-DAD45149924D.jpg

Lights are up, water system is started.

Clones are in pots and under a light but have to get some tables soon. Weee

First run is of a strain named Soap, no real clue about it at this point. Flying blind 😎

i've been growing in coco for 13 year now. I've had issues but they werent bugs. If you let the pots dry out too much, that's a huge problem. so keep that in mind. I just got a great deal on a 4 pack of the Canna Coco brick - 4 packs for $80, shipped.

Rock that room out, my friend. What are you using for nutes?

Coco needs to be thought of as hydro. Very frequent watering. Has low cation exchange capacity, so you need to replace the spots as the plant takes up nutrients, and it is loaded with K that needs to be knocked off the CEC. Coco is definitely fussy. Some people can knock it out the park though. Coco growers are a special breed lol.

Im special all right. This is simply an access issue, i have tons of access to it for little to no cost soooooo I will be learning to save haha

I cant remember the name of the nutrient line, its a simple one part mix tho. Not trying to read instruction manuals every day lol

Back