finishing first coco grow

Variety

Higher Meditation
Hello everyone! Ive been growing for about 8 yrs. in sunshine....and just switch to coco. This grow is in flush mode now, but heres a few picks to get caught up.
I forgot what day these picks were taken on but i think the last few were around day 40.
I will take some new picks this weekend to update. This coco stuff is fun.

Looking good man.

What brand of coco did you use and did it require pretreatment?

Thanks

A

Of the bagged varieties of coco, I started out using Canna years ago - made a brief switch to atami's B'cuzz and then back to Canna, just as soon as my hydro store started stocking it. Both are ready-to-use right out of the bag, but with either, you need to pH your feeds to 6.2-6.3 for the first 2-3 weeks that the coco is fresh. In my garden anyway, the pH of my res keeps getting pulled down by the return - so I pH UP.

Beautiful job there Snowman. What are you feeding those fine ladies? Great Pics.

Peace

ZigZag :wavey:

So the B'cuzz is the bagged stuff right, not the bricks?

Thanks and be safe
A

Right! BUT, I've got buddies using botanicare bricks and bales with no rinsing and they love it. They don't even report having the initial pH fluctuations I get with bagged Canna and B'cuzz - so who the fuck knows, I may even switch. Who says an old dog can't learn shit??? :D

I know this is an older thread but somebody may be able to use the intel...

peace

If the coco needs to be shipped then the Botanicare bricks (2.2 Kg each) or other brands will save you money over all.
:puffpuffpass:

I realize this is an old-ass thread. having said that...

First of all... very, very nice looking setup. What are the strains? Some questions...

Did you drain to waste or recirculate?

Could you detail your watering and feeding schedules (or habits if not scheduled) at the various stages of growth?

All the conflicting reports on the use of coco is driving me nuts. Even in Canna's info they say coco likes to dry out, and then go on to say it should be watered 6 times a day... I know I need to just be patient and learn the hard way, but would be good to hear your thoughts given that you seem to have been quite successful (and your setup is very similar to mine).

Good work!

cs

Hello everyone! Ive been growing for about 8 yrs. in sunshine....and just switch to coco. This grow is in flush mode now, but heres a few picks to get caught up.
I forgot what day these picks were taken on but i think the last few were around day 40.
I will take some new picks this weekend to update. This coco stuff is fun.
Haha first coco grow! Wish the pics were here.

I love these decade jumping threads :rollj:

Sometime between 09 and now my pics dropped too - it’s a shame really but we’ll make more

I love these decade jumping threads :rollj:

Sometime between 09 and now my pics dropped too - it’s a shame really but we’ll make more

Me too, and look forward to it again in another ten years lol. From the get go I knew I would not stop growing. Life throws a lot of shit but yagottagrow through it. :puffpuffpass:

Me too, and look forward to it again in another ten years lol. From the get go I knew I would not stop growing. Life throws a lot of shit but yagottagrow through it. :puffpuffpass:

Yeah.... ;)

I’m puffing spliffs from the dispensary in my newly legal state, walking out of court (again) today in a ugly divorce, with new grow toys on the way. No moss on this rolling stone even though... I’m actually kinda slow

Back