Fiber pots

Great prices. Too bad they only go up to 30 g....were you happy with the quality?

They have them way larger tevye,
I think up to 200 gallon. They perform just as good as smart pots. White 200 gallon for under 25$ Fast shipping etc
-ct-

I saw a thread last week someone asking about fiber pots.
This is where I order from, excellent products and great price and variety
https://247garden.com

I hate to say it, but this is the 1st place I ordered from who sent me junk..

The pots looked nothing like the photo, they had no handles like advertised and the bottoms were all frayed from material being cut.. then they missed stitching on the bottom in 3" sections so dirt would of fallen out big time.
I returned them immediately and had no issues doing so and ordered some elsewhere that are awesome, less expensive and free freight on a order of just $11.00.

this isn't who I used but these are what a buddy swears by..
Greenhousemegastore.com

I'll get ya info on who I used soon... :flower:
ANCdream I got 6 of the 2gal fiber pots for $11.99 no freight charges off amazon... the pots are amazing, double stitched with green stitching so you can see how well they are made.

I've noticed how healthy the plants are using these pots, how nice it is to have handles on them and soil seems to dry out more evenly... I love them

I went from 75 gal to 100 gal and saw a difference in my yield .
Of course I hardly ever grow the same thing twice so it would be hard to compare .

I know CTG suggested that I should bump up to a 200 gal pot but I haven't done that yet . I might have to try a few next season though .

Larger roots unrestricted growth larger yields. In my past large outdoor grows I never wanted the roots to touch the sides of the pots.

While we`re on the subject .....I use cheap plastic 12" round trays under my pouches in case of leakage . Can the pouches be watered from below....as in filling the tray ? I know they absorb good as any overwater in trays disappears quickly . Just wondering about bottom watering . Thanks !
peace

Shit I just ordered a dozen 10 Gal pots . I guess will have to wait and see

Hey man, who knows.. maybe I just got a bad batch.. but was really surprised they had no handles. wonder if they gave me the wrong ones..

I’m on my third run with the ones I got and no complaints

Yeah, I got like 7 grows with my 1st ones I bought at the local hydro store.. I machine washed them after each run and they just started to separate a bit. these new ones I just got a lot better made it looks like..

Larger roots unrestricted growth larger yields. In my past large outdoor grows I never wanted the roots to touch the sides of the pots.

I think this is why the Felt Pots work so well as they air prune the roots as they reach the edge vs curling and growing back towards the pots center causing root blockage..
I know when you transplant anything outside, most instructions are more worried about how large the hole is side to side then they are going deeper.. that the tree/plant will take off better if the roots have side travel.. has anyone ever thought about trying that.. 200gal but only 2ft deep or so..

My buddy in Perth, Australia grows in 55gal drums.. fills the drums bottom with fish heads, guts etc... then his dirt mix... I'm sure they have to do things a wee bit diff there... lol

While we`re on the subject .....I use cheap plastic 12" round trays under my pouches in case of leakage . Can the pouches be watered from below....as in filling the tray ? I know they absorb good as any overwater in trays disappears quickly . Just wondering about bottom watering . Thanks !
peace

I'm glad Big chimed in on that one because I wasn't able to answer that from experience. but like you Burnie, I noticed excess was usually sucked up shortly after.. I'm buying some trays finally.. trying to do things a little more proper..

Feeder roots go own about sixteen inches to two feet . The rest are air roots so growing in deep pots or deep holes is waste of time .

This why smart pots work so well for weed . :pl:

Back