Fentanyl-laced weed in CT, VT

sticky is as sticky does
Yes, you read that right: Weed tested in CT and VT after reported overdoses tested positive for fentanyl, the potent opioid.

Although in the past LEO has lied abut this, it seems this time around it is real. A local person (Brattleboro, VT) OD'd and need FIVE doses of Narcan to be revived. Claimed to have only smoked weed. The weed tested positive for fentanyl.

This is fucked up. I hope none of you has to resort to the street for your weed. Growing your own or buying from licensed dispensaries (or buying it from someone who grows it) seem like the only safe ways to get high these days.

Very sad. This is the same drug that took my nephew.
I have a local friend who's daughter is addicted to the crap....she's a mess.
Stay safe out there folks.

If the corporations in Michigan pay enough this will be the next move to abolish caregiving.
Anyway I call bullshit. Not enough cash in weed to lace it with fentanyl.

Well, you guys go ahead and smoke that street weed if you want. I'm not especially trustful of the media or leo, but I think this is legit. Multiple reports from multiple sources.

Why? I have no idea.

I agree, sounds like LEO scare tactics

It’s like those girls in the tic toc reels, I’m like omg how can so many girls have such perfectly round asses? Then I see a video of them stuffing butt pads in there spandex before there workout. LoL

Well, you guys go ahead and smoke that street weed if you want. I'm not especially trustful of the media or leo, but I think this is legit. Multiple reports from multiple sources.

Why? I have no idea.
If it is true which I doubt, but Probably a cocaine dealer adding the fentanyl to the blow and a dusting hit a open bag of weed and was given to someone.

Hmm, interesting. I could see if the weed were put in edibles...but wouldn't the burning process change molecular composition of the fentanyl? :dunno: I know you can burn black tar, but does that also work with pharmaceuticals? Anybody here have enough chemistry to know?

My guess is that it would depend on the vaporization point of the compound. It makes sense that incineration would destroy, but cherry proximity might vaporize it making it available to inhale :dunno:

Thanks for the heads up 180.
I warned some local friends that I know but herb around. Brattleboro and surrounding area is so beautiful and peaceful. As for CT, gorgeous state in general. I was VERY surprised.

As for why this could happen....is spiking a drug, any drug, with something like fentanyl not a method a dealer could use to ruin another local dealers business? Meanign package it the same as their usual plug, sell it, kill someone, crap out their business then take over?
Yes, hear BS stories in the past but I saw the multiple news reports and claimed test results of the herb being positive. Who knows. Grow your own.

Thanks for the links 180. :)
The stories are short and to the point...facts and figures.
Scare tactic propaganda is usually full of fluff, going to great lengths to tell you a multitude of reasons why you should be shitting yourself with fear.
These articles just seem like informative public notices.
Gotta be dangerous just handling that bud.

My friends daughter crushes the pills up and smokes them like crack/meth.
My nephew put the powder on weed in his bong and was smoking it. My BIL found him holding the bong.

And as far as lacing weed ---> PCP was commonly found in "laced" weed back in the 70s and 80s.

If you think about it about anything could be sprinkled on nice sticky weed and stick ---> dirt, dog hair, cat hair, fuzz.........ummmmmm, yep.........a few micrograms of that shit can be deadly.....and addictive. Maybe a tactic to make the folks want to buy more weed because they are actually addicted to the shit it's laced with???

Now that's a good conspiracy theory.

I'll smoke my happy primal homegrown. I guess I already did which is why I am rambling on

Reactions: 180
Sad.

I don't doubt it's true just because I've stayed in the area. I grew up in a west coast ghetto but I aint seen some shit like I saw at the Brattleboro econolodge. Now that's east coast ghetto, them kids is different. Don't doubt this for half a sec in that hood. In one word: desperation.

Yes I drove all around the beautiful parts too. It ain't all like dat.

Reactions: 180
Normally, weed isn't laced with drugs that cost more than weed then sold at weed prices. It simply isn't economical.

However, fentanyl is suuuuuuper potent and is pouring into N. America via China at shockingly low per-dose prices. I can actually see this being plausible.

Fake Oxy fentanyl pressies out here were going for $1 apiece for "20s" (that normally sell for $20, no idea if they actually contained the equivalent), that really disrupted the authentic Oxycontin street trade.

Yes, you read that right: Weed tested in CT and VT after reported overdoses tested positive for fentanyl, the potent opioid.

Although in the past LEO has lied abut this, it seems this time around it is real. A local person (Brattleboro, VT) OD'd and need FIVE doses of Narcan to be revived. Claimed to have only smoked weed. The weed tested positive for fentanyl.

This is fucked up. I hope none of you has to resort to the street for your weed. Growing your own or buying from licensed dispensaries (or buying it from someone who grows it) seem like the only safe ways to get high these days.

this is how corporations get rid of mom and pop shops

"Tonight when I chase the dragon, the water will change to cherry wine!" Fuck yeah you can smoke pharmaceuticals. Something doesn't sound right though. I bet it's some kind of LEO/dispensary, drug war psyops to play on parents of kids who may be alright with them getting high too young. But if that kid is really dead from smoking fentanyl laced weed. IDK. Thanks for posting.

Back