Favorite........

B

Barefoot

Hot Sauce(s).............?

I can drink Johnny's from the bottle it's so good..........but when order hasn't arrived I stick with Tapatio...........

and next visit to The Phoenix Shop at Nepenthe's.......Big Sur Roadkill is at top of list..........

ganj on......................

Attachments

• DSC01154-1.jpg
    DSC01154-1.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 2
Old Sog's #1
We have a very "aged" bottle for special occasions.
Its hot but flavorful.

Attachments

• hotsauce.jpg
    hotsauce.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 2
I picked up a bad tapatio habit in my youth from roach coaches(yuck),lol,breakfast burritos just are'nt right without it.My wife makes some killer salsa's,been looking for an old school mexican chile recipe but none match up to the stuff my local taco joint makes and they aint giving it up.

Old Sog's #1
We have a very "aged" bottle for special occasions.
Its hot but flavorful.

Hmm he has a super silver haze clone and he makes hot sauce, sounds like an interesting feller.. Love me some ssh and some good hot sauce

great thread I was going to ask on the cabanna to recommend some hot sauces..I have never seen Tapatio here. I do love the Cholula but the price here is just crazy high.

some nice examples folks.......thanks.....

Johnny Winter was a collaboration between Bob at Shark Attack in Florida and Johnny.......also makes a nice Bbq sauce with Johnnys likes......great on pork..............

FishK........have these around for specific purposes, but not my daily........

ya might like the habanero/mango melon...........

ganj on........

Attachments

• DSC01157-1.jpg
    DSC01157-1.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 1
Cajun Power

Not the hottest,but VERY,VERY TASTY !
I made some back ribs basted with this stuff a couple of times......mmmmmmm !

Attachments

• cajun-power-garlic-sauce.jpg
    cajun-power-garlic-sauce.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 0
I did a student exchange program in Mexico in 1980. I stayed in a tiny town called Cucurpe in the province of Sonora. It was the best experience of my life. The hottest thing i tried down there were these pea sized peppers that you crushed up over soup. Man were they hot..sorry I don't know the proper name for them.

That sounds great Budluver...those may have been bird peppers if they were wicked hot but short duration of heat... My neighbors down in Fl were from Guyana and they grew them along with scotch bonnet, habs, and Guyana "weri-weri". Their plants were a few years old.

I like the habanero/carrot sauce like melon mentioned, siracha is good too. I usually just use Tabasco though.

That Johnny Winter bottle is way cool Barefoot..

sure do miss hot sauces and spicy food..ever since my chemo 3 years ago can't touch the stuff..

I'm pretty boring. Frank's is my #1, not super hot, but love the flavor. I like tabasco, especially the green. Not a fan of tapatio.

outwest

Crystal hot sauce, and I also love name brand Tabasco :licklips:

Attachments

• 5-HotSauce.png
    5-HotSauce.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 1
Barefoot: Thanks! Good to know! I like such things and have been thinking to try the other sauces they make!

Skitty: That's like the vanilla ice cream of hot sauces...
but we understand how hassidic society avoids extremes...

KazzY: "we don't have Tapatillo here"???
I think maybe you live (heh):

Attachments

• darkside.jpeg
    darkside.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1
My favorites are
Tabasco - great heat, good favor

Franks Red Hot - for that classic buffalo wing flavor

Scorned Woman - for when I really want to hurt - this shit will light you up

Nuclear Hell - similar to Scorned Woman

Sriracha - I add this to the Franks and butter when i make wings. Love Sriracha

used to love the wings at a little place just SW of Albany. They had wings - mild, medium, hot, nuclear and the Slap My Ass and Call me Sally wings. I made it through 8 out of a dz of those wings and it only took 2 pints of Sam Adams and a huge coke to do it. I felt like my lips melted off of my face and i had a hole burn through the back of my head. But the flavor was fantastic

The wife and I actually found this little gem in a very round about way.. her niece, knowing I'm like the grill king of the family, brought this last Christmas to the house.. it was gifted to her and not caring for anything spicy she held onto it until the next time she seen us and thank the gods because this stuff is Sooooo Goooood.. we now cook with it all the time using sometimes just half a teaspoon to an entire tablespoon, add it to marinates, subs etc etc etc etc.. lol

MAE PLOY Sweet Chili Sauce :jump:

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

Back