Favorite pot strain in CA 2016

rosso reefo

pizza mystro
Like a favorite coffee roast or a go-to Chipotle order, every cannabis connoisseur has her favorite weed strain. But, as revealed by a new survey, the most popular strain of 2016 may not be what you'd think.

The survey, conducted by California-based medical marijuana delivery app Eaze, included data from the app's 250,000 users and questionnaires from another 5,000 respondents. Results showed that the most popular strain among Eaze users was hybrid Gorilla Glue #4, followed by sativa Jack Herer and indica Bubba Kush.

However, ninth place finisher Blue Dream had a particularly tough year, falling a whopping eight spots from last year. Oddly, the company tells R29 that this was actually the most popular strain among female users, followed by Sour Diesel and Pineapple Express.

But the survey turned up some other interesting tidbits, too. In particular, it revealed just how many people are using marijuana as a replacement for alcohol and pain medications. Of those surveyed, the vast majority (82% overall and 63% of female respondents) said they had cut back on their drinking thanks to cannabis.

Similarly, 95% of respondents (and 96% of female respondents) who reported using opioids to manage their pain also reported cutting back on their medication with the help of marijuana. Women make up the majority of chronic pain patients in the U.S., and the number of female Eaze users has grown by 30% since 2015. And other companies are making a direct effort to make the cannabis world more welcoming towards women consumers. So it's not all that surprising to see so many of them looking to marijuana as an alternate way to treat their pain.

Nice article and shared info there Rosso.. and part of this I can personally vouch for.. a good friend recently turned us onto a fine sample of Sour Diesel grown outdoors in this very area of Cali.. Mendocino area I think, not sure.. but my wife fell in love with it and it's qualities..
She takes very few pain meds and manages her mostly thru MJ.. women particularly turn to MJ during monthlies. Chocolate Trip though worked best in this dept..

All I can say is it's great to see people turning to cannabis vs alcohol and pills.. being a prior pill addict I know the harm they can do.. especially to your body and mind.. rock on Cannabis, we can save the world together... :puffpuffpass:

I enjoyed this article too Rosso and good points by all. Sour Diesel has always been my favorite. Preferably ECSD circa 2005...

yeah ,when you look back it's funny how tastes change and demand goes for a certain product with supply and demand..memories of something that can never be replaced..
nostalgia for the one that really left a mark on your life and it just seems to vanish over the years only to be a distant memory..
guess it also has to do with where you lived at the time..
late 60s for me it was great Mex, Panama red, hashish from Nepal, Afghanistan and Lebanon..
then with the early 70s came great weed form Kona, Santa cruz mountains..from there it moved on to Jamaican, then Columbian and later a flood of Thai-sticks..then came the triangle CA,mendo, humbolt and trinity which today still produces some of the finest..
now it's all indoors or greenhouses that seem to be the chit in demand but it's moving back to outdoors..
with new breeding, strains and flavor of the month clubs it seems to change on a daily basics..
us old farts that have been around know the logistics and like in any business what the consumer wants with the hype of something new..
to this day my all time favorite was some real deal Panama red I scored in 69..all the hundreds of different types of pot I've tried and grown just doesn't compare to that one..
funny how that works cause I bet ya some wouldn't agree with me but we all have our favorites..
cheers..

there's never been in my life a strain that could reproduce what acapulco gold or black 'lumbo did to me back in 1970...now that was some earthy herb...shit we smoke now is what one of my buddies calls pussy pot...very different tasted and high...

Red Bud .. Very early 70s if you didn't get sick & throw up before you blasted off it wasn't Red Bud & that is when lids jumped to a unheard price of $35 & well worth it !! :puffpuffpass:

Red Bud .. Very early 70s if you didn't get sick & throw up before you blasted off it wasn't Red Bud & that is when lids jumped to a unheard price of $35 & well worth it !! :puffpuffpass:
Yep I remember Red Bud from high school days. Fine memories and to think if I would have been smart enough to save seeds back then. :sad:

yeah fish, but were talkin late 60's early 70's right...50 pound bales were what we got...that black was so gummy it was hard to smoke joints

I'll never forget the Santa Marta Gold I was scoring back in the late sixtes when I lived in Coconut grove Fla. Its funny with all the different strains I have grown and smoked in my 50 years of blazing that one sticks out the most .

ditto the Acapulco Gold, Michoacan , Oaxacan, and the tasty Colombians and Panama weeds from early 1970s. I was just thinking about that and hoping the Farmer's Choice has some of that flavor...please. Dane tells me it is a worked Santa Marta strain.

farmers choice has uplifting sativa qualities..
it may be a hybrid of sorts though..and is tasty too..
not quite like long flower sativa's

It's entertaining and a little scary to watch the Cali and Colo markets, how strains go in and out of fashion so quickly. Massachoosetts ain't there, yet, thankfully. Some of the stuff I grow, I have held for nearly two decades (I'm sure there are many here who also have old school keepers)! People still ask for them, though, so what am I supposed to do, ditch them and chase the strain-of-the-month-club? :skakedrink: I did have one friend who smoked some dispensary weed that he liked (Citrix, a strain that nobody here talks about), and he knows I grow so he was all like, can you get Citrix? I just said, No, I don't believe I can. ;)

I'll never forget the Santa Marta Gold I was scoring back in the late sixtes when I lived in Coconut grove Fla. Its funny with all the different strains I have grown and smoked in my 50 years of blazing that one sticks out the most .

I think Memy won a cup with his SMG x C99.
We got that SMG from Dubi a long time ago!

yum

To me it's like music, always a new sound to try out.
Lived in SoCal so AG, CG, CR, Michoacan , Oaxacan, PR, thai and sensi.

Back