Effects, feelings, and sensations, of using cannabis

Ninja Mechanics

Hello islanders, I am reaching out to you all in search of some information and experiences regarding the use of cannabis.

I am venturing a possible medicinal avenue that may seriously help some people in dealing with their struggles and pains, particularly targeting topical pains, skin/muscle injuries and/or diseases, disorders, etc...

So lets begin;

I know many, if not all of you have experienced something similar to these effects, I simply seek your experiences, and any other details you could provide.

Have you ever taken a hit of some well grown 100% organic herb, and almost immediately start to notice your mouth area become numb? I commonly notice the lips becoming numb, but occasionally my entire mouth or majority of will become numb. It generally lasts until my mouth starts to salivate again(usually 5-10 minutes, but sometimes only 1-3ish minutes). I ask you for these experiences and any information regarding your experience, strains specifically. Not so much the particular strain, but the genetic lineage that make up that particular strain. (if the herb quality and purity was questionable, please make sure to mention that, some pesticides, fungicides, etc, can cause the same or similar effects)

This is going to be an ongoing search and project that will hopefully allow for further testing and eventually make its way to being available for those who could benefit from it. I have a great connection to a person that makes the best green creams aka sav and moisture balms I have ever seen. They are professional grade and lab tested. He makes much more than just creams, he is and has made just about everything you could imagine. Honey, soda pop, lip balm, candy, olive oil, coconut oil, glycerin tinctures, you name it! He will be the heart of this project as far as testing for contents and refining the final product(s). I will simply be supplying the time and genetic studies for him to take it all the way.

I hope to hear from as many of you as possible! You would be contributing to a much bigger picture... I am going to post this at three other forums, Skunk Mag forums, the Seed Depot, and IC. If you hang out anywhere else other than those places, please feel free to copy and paste this at those forums and/or websites. I would appreciate hearing what other people have to say, if ya'll could post any replies you get from doing so in this thread, as this will be my main place to compile information.

Thanks islanders!

So far some strains that I and others have found that have these qualities are; Soulshine(clone only, Indica/sativa hybrid of unknown genetics, AKA "the LC cross"), Mountain Jam(a Soulshine/Blueberry hybrid), Mazar(Mazar-I-Shariff x Skunk#1), possibly the NL#5 clone, BOGs Lifesaver, and some report the old Daywrecker/Diesel to have this trait, but I have had it and never got that feeling.

I have not noticed my mouth or lips going numb after smoking just weed. Back in college I had some crack head friends that would sprinkle coke on blunts of weed and that would make your face and lips go numb after smoking.

Makes sense though that different strains would have different qualities in healing different ailments in topical treatments.

for topical for the face look into stem oil ...

my friends are also doing cool stuf with arnica as a carrier mixed with decarboxilated bho or iso(i spell shitty i know ) shea butter and a few other things ...

i know tho that iso oil made from stems is best for sensitive areas like the face ..

aloha :DJ:

check out greywolfs threads maaaaaannnn

I have been working out some oils, salves and liniments for our use for a few years. I am no scientist or anything, just trying things. I found hemp oil is amazingly healing for the skin as well is a great carrier. I found a deep massage blend of oils is the best. Comfrey as well as arnica is a great addition. The healing for burns is amazing. Great and immediate relief for gout. Very very good for shingles, oral and genital herpes. Those with lupus where they have no defense in their skin for sun exposure use for healing as well as protection. Pain and healing as well as managing phantom pain from a finger amputation. Poly neuropathy, diabetic neuropathy. Referred pain from spine damage and diseases. Muscle soreness, joint inflammation. Severe gashes on a dog from another dog's attack. Heat rash in short coat dogs. I use it on my livestock as well. Wonderful tattoo oil. BogsLlifesaver is especially good for spine and bone pain in this mixture, wish I knew why but tried it on his advice years ago and it keeps working the best. Grape escape seems to be best for skin and surface pain and the fragrance is very pleasant and easily complimented. Lavender has something extra for herpes and shingles.

Yes, the face numbness happens. I find, especially in those strains that go on to make an effect that folks call 'perma-grin'. I always thought that it had something to do with sativas, moreso than indicas. If my memory serves...widows 'had it'.

I wondered if it was a 'topical' thing...like how rubbing up against a tomato plant can make a numbing sensation. Something in the oils, is what I was thinking.

Also, I French inhale. Wondered if that might have something to do with it.

I'm trying to remember if edibles have ever caused this. duhhhhh....

gals round here been using that arnica in their skin recipes for a bit, first I heard of it, tried it, seems to help. Vita E pills, coco oil, all kinds of moisturizors messed with as carriers, I think. Was short term, temp relief for me bad back pain dude, but I was impressed with it; and I also think you aren't supposed to use the arnica daily, these gals put it in their extra strength stuff that you wouldn't use daily....?

for topical for the face look into stem oil ...

my friends are also doing cool stuf with arnica as a carrier mixed with decarboxilated bho or iso(i spell shitty i know ) shea butter and a few other things ...

i know tho that iso oil made from stems is best for sensitive areas like the face ..

aloha :DJ:

check out greywolfs threads maaaaaannnn

hemp oil has a natural level of sunblock, to 30spf. who needs coppertone?

i make my elixir for internal dosage & it's worked well for many for years. there are a few new folk working w/it. as i get feedback, i'll let ya know.

it's not the miracle that it was touted as years ago, but dmso is an instant uptake carrier, that can be infused w/many active ingredients.

bonne chance!
A

I wonder if I can gain any positive useage by mixing my iso with some dmso...got a bottle sitting right here...

i made a canna DMSO tincture and used it. it would make my skin get itchy, and then really hot -- had a pain reducing effect on sore muscles and joints too.

Have you ever taken a hit of some well grown 100% organic herb, and almost immediately start to notice your mouth area become numb?
nope...just cottonmouth...and aside from taking my mind away from it, I honestly have never found it to do much in the area of pain relief for me either...maybe it's just my body chemistry I dunno
gets me high, hungry, and eventually sleepy to counter my insomnia...that's about it

Last edited:
All about the cannabinoids...

Every strain and plant has a different cannabbinoid profile....
THC has little to do with different effects,but give the cannabinoids
a ride threw the body releasing their effects,either fast or slowly...
If you had cannabinoids marked in munbers,along with trepenes,flavinoids
an alcholoids it may look like this:cannabinoids 1 threw 70 or 80 isolations...
Strains:
Widow=cannabinoids 1,2,5,7,34,35,57,67...1,2,5,7 being the indica dom cannabinoids
an the last maybe the sativa type ones,57,67 an the crossed cannabinoids,34,35 the mix
Showing the effects of a slightly higher indica than sativa strain maybe..

OGkush=cannabinoids,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,23,24,25....mostly indica cannabinoids.....

If we could find the cannabinoids responcible for every effect,as well as terpenes
an alcholoids it may look like this type of numbered isolations.
Could be these makin a numb mouth,or som'm else?

Heres the kicker:every time you change an enviromental condition,all those numbers
get re-shuffled an new traits come up from every different condition with same strain?

I have known for a long time how they have isolated special strains for there effects,
and im talking the FEDS....first in the 60's they found an isolated cannabinoids for all
the glaucoma patients....the FEDS have a rolling facility as they have given rolled joints
since then....then came the very very sick cancer patients,again isolating cannabinoids/
strains responcible for appetite stimulation for they could eat food on kemo!

AS far as numb mouth effects,it may just be a smoke thing absorbing threw lips?
Cant wait until they do REAL RESEARCH,freely....
Cool to think about,if you see what i see!!
Lg:hmm:a stoner though..

Last edited:
Have you ever taken a hit of some well grown 100% organic herb, and almost immediately start to notice your mouth area become numb? I commonly notice the lips becoming numb, but occasionally my entire mouth or majority of will become numb.

Not trying to start shit, but I have never heard of or had any well grown herb that makes my mouth numb. Sounds like you might be smoking bud laced with coke.

Not trying to start shit, but I have never heard of or had any well grown herb that makes my mouth numb. Sounds like you might be smoking bud laced with coke.

i've smoked weed that made my chin numb, but never my mouth.

that is weird.

For me, the feeling isn't inside the mouth, it is more like 'just under the skin'. Mouth and cheeks and sometimes eyes. I can get a very similar feeling after a chiropractic adjustment session, sometimes. Not the same, but similar. Vietnamese strain used to make my face go numb, lol. The strains that do this to me will sometimes also make me have the chills. I think it could be a circulatory thing?

I can get a very similar feeling after a chiropractic adjustment session, sometimes.

i'm a chiropractor -- if you are having those kinds of sensations after a cervical adjustment i can tell you that it is not normal AT ALL and suggests a degree of brain stem abnormality.

Arnold-Chiari syndrome will cause numbness in the mouth --

do you have any history of the following - headaches, fatigue, muscle weakness in the head and face, difficulty swallowing, dizziness, nausea, impaired coordination?

if so, and if you experience numbness in your mouth after a adjustment i would highly suggest NOT having your neck forcibly manipulated -- if you have not had an MRI, i would consider an MRI of the neck and brain stem.

^^^Sound advice Nanny.

Ahhh, my ER specialty...OD's

Can cannabis cause numbness? Absolutely
I can't tell you the amount of potential "cannabis Od's" I've seen (I still laugh at the dx).
Has anyone here, especially when they first started toking, had panic attacks or severe paranoia? That's usually accompanied by numbness as well. While mostly affecting the facial region, it's also known to extend down the arm and hands.

Weed is a drug just like anything a doctor might prescribe and consequently if there was more research done on it, there would be a set of contraindications to go along with it. Your body could simply not be used to it because of its powerful psychoactive effects and for new weed smokers (acute allergy), this could create systemic problems that are manifested in ways such as you getting numb. Your brain needs time to adjust slowly to new circumstances/stresses posed onto it. I'm assuming these patients are relatively new to the substance so they may be reacting to the "newby syndrome" of not titrating their dosages correctly (taking too much).
What weed does which causes the anxiety and short term memory losses most people typically experience and problems such as the "depth perception" is altering the way neurons are synchronized in various areas of the brain. Basically they're changing the rate at which they fire. This could alter normal function in areas dependent on group synchronicity of those neurons such as maybe the parietal lobe in your dominant hemisphere in your case which allows you to normally have the correct visual/spatial understanding of our environment. Have them take a break, and take less hits next time. If the effects are persistent then maybe you could try consuming it differently.

Mostly, with cannabis overdose patients, they were told to go home and sleep it off. It was very rare to even hold them in observation.

Hope I dumbed this down enough that you get your solutions Ninja. If you need further explanation, simple or technical, PM me.

For laughs: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessemfink/your-first-time-getting-high-as-told-by-cats

Last edited:
Xo, not numbness in the mouth. More like just under the skin on the face. And it's more like the feeling of circulation returning, that was 'cut off' before. It's a good feeling, much better than when the circulation returns when your foot falls asleep.

However, I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, arthritis, carpal tunnel, serious heavy metal poisoning (mostly aluminum and lead). Many body crashes in youth, mostly from horse or car crashes. Lotsa stitches. Lotsa scars with no stitches, too.

But, I will try to keep that in mind in case the inside of my mouth goes numb...

I got the BEST chiropractor/nutritionist/acupuncturist ever. Then I topped it off with a naturapath that figured out the metal thing. So, i'm doing good, thank you! My goal is to reach age 104. (subject to change, at any time.)

blessins

WHAT A RUSH!

Headrushes, what say you, lack o oxygen good or bad? you get too old to get em? Strain specific?:lt2:

Back