Easiest way to de-seed a seeded plant?

Slim Pickens

I Blue my mind.
Or more simply, separate the seed from the bud.

I'm sure I have seen a thread that discusses this,but I'm struggling to find it. I am currently using a tray like we used to do,but hoping someone has a better way. (short of building one of those zig-zag de-seeding machines that is). :)

So,if anyone can remember the location of that thread,I sure would like to read it again.

If you are trying o salvage the bud that is all different to pick each individual bean out with tweezers but I just went through this with 5 different strains and just let dry and rolled the buds in my hands and got one of those old A&W trays and let the beans roll to the bottom like we did with our frisbee then the herb is all broken up ready to smoke .. :dancer:

a_003.jpg

That's what I am currently doing Uni. It would help if the tray were textured so that a larger portion of the bud wouldn't slide down with the seed,but all I can find to use is a cookie sheet. Plus,the seeds are very small,and that just compounds the tedium.

I’ve never had to do a whole plant (normally just dust a lower branch) but I’ll let it get bone dry and they seem to come out easier that way. That of course would ruin the smoke tho

Nothing much else out there then the way we have done it for ever that’s reasonably priced.

I’ve thought about building the one ya see all over the net, but had found one, think 1300 bucks, that a company is now making that cleans real well, can’t for the life of me remember the name of the unit. It’s pretty slick.

If you can somehow rig up a blower that blows enough to blow the chaff away, but not the seed, you can just crumble in your hands and let fall into the air flow with a tub underneath, blows the chaff all over, but if in a garage or work shop ya can just sweep it up. That’s the best ghetto I can come up with.

DB built a seed sorter that works like a charm. Hopefully he will chime in!

I wasn't trying to save any bud. I striped them down and separated the stems and such then into the separator.
I made a screen box that was better then my cookie sheet..

I been just a pickin and a grinnin. Well,not so much grinnin,but I got a fair amount of seed that's fer sure. Sure as heck isn't much bud left either.Think maybe I'll just run some Everclear or Bacardi through what's left and be done with it. Well,I should make a little Coconut oil for a topical maybe....but there just isn't much left to mess with.

Thanks to Uni..Olday..CBF..CTG and Dirtboy for the input. Much appreciated. :ty:

Back