Do you SCROG in a tent???

Clicker

Dazed and Confused
I really like the idea of SCROG in theory but in a tent I found the execution difficult. I built a 3'6" x 3'6" PVC scrog net and weaved my plants in in the flowering tent 1m x 1m . Long story short I hated it. I couldn't get to the plants in the back since I don't veg in the tent the plants were bent and tied in and it was a mess and a pain in the ass. So how do you scrog in a tent? I was thinking of using 4 milk crates with a built in removable netting so I can start a few plants in a milk crate with a garbage bag in the crate poke holes in bag fill with coco and then I can use the same container let them grow into the netting in veg area then move them into the tent. This way I can remove milk crates from the tent if I need to prune or get to the back of the tent. I can get 4 milk crates in my tent. Thought I would also give them little PVC legs attached by epoxy to help them drain better by having air space underneath. I have 8 WR IN 1/2 the tent now and they are getting so top heavy and swaying bad and they still have 6 weeks left.

I could use your input. It would also be nice for running multiple strains

Peace

Click

More specifically, I think you're asking "how do you scrog in a tent and still be able to take out each individual plant?" right? Last year I did a scrog run in a tent by simply putting a bunch of bushy plants (about 5 different strains) next to each other and tosses a metal scrog screen made out of gardening fence on top of them and trained the branches under it.

I think pvc would get expensive, but it would be easier to clean; personally I'd go with wood for the frame of the scrog and metal gardening fence for the screen part. Or now that I think about it, wood for the frame and string for the scrog, I remember that big piece of metal screen was a bitch to cut the buds out of come harvest time.

The plastic on milk crates is pretty thick, too thick in my opinion for good scrogging material. They work great for booster seats for small plants though.

Very nice link Krush. got some very good photos and gave me great ideas.

JamMaster... PVC is cheaper than you think except for elbows and such. Im going to build 4 diff. scrog tubs that I can swap out of my veg area and drop in the tent and since they will be about milk crate size I can do 4. I was thinking I could even just put individual containers I run now inside a milk crate with a built in screen. I'll post some picks once I get it all figured out.

Peace

Click

If you still want to scrog and have access to each plant individually, a modular scrog screen for each plant is what you want. I usually build each screen in an 18"x18" square and it makes getting to each and every plant a breeze as well as for flushing and feeding. It's a bit of extra work making a screen for each plant, but the flexibility you have as a result is priceless...

a.

Back