Dehumidification

Kook82

Hey guys I was wondering how and if it’s possible to use central heat as a way of dehumidifying my room so I don’t have to run as big a quest? Any ideas?

Hey guys I was wondering how and if it’s possible to use central heat as a way of dehumidifying my room so I don’t have to run as big a quest? Any ideas?
It’s a 10x11’ room with 8’6 ceilings. I don’t want to have to run a quest 205. Was gonna use a 155 but not sure that will suffice so thought I could go even lower like a 110 with the dry air from the central heat?

Is this room in a home that you own? You could put a small fan in the lower part of the wall, and an exhaust port in the upper portion of another wall (preferably) and use the adjoining room(s) as lung room(s). That involves some handyman work.

If this is a room in your home as nannymouse mentioned, we have almost identical footprints. I too thought I needed a bigger quest/anden dehu. I did exactly what mouse mentioned and now my small portal dehu rarely turns on. All I needed was some flanges and. Drywall knife. Now I’m getting fresh air and exhausting out as needed. This helped with negative pressure. Just make sure your intake fan is smaller than your exhaust fan.

Is this room in a home that you own? You could put a small fan in the lower part of the wall, and an exhaust port in the upper portion of another wall (preferably) and use the adjoining room(s) as lung room(s). That involves some handyman

Last edited:
If this is a room in your home as nannymouse mentioned, we have almost identical footprints. I too thought I needed a bigger quest/anden dehu. I did exactly what mouse mentioned and now my small portal dehu rarely turns on. All I needed was some flanges and. Drywall knife. Now I’m getting fresh air and exhausting out as needed. This helped with negative pressure. Just make sure your intake fan is smaller than your exhaust fan.
If you don’t mind my asking are you in California? Just wondering what your kw/h is peak or mid peak, off peak, super off peak ?thanks bro

Is this room in a home that you own? You could put a small fan in the lower part of the wall, and an exhaust port in the upper portion of another wall (preferably) and use the adjoining room(s) as lung room(s). That involves some handyman work.
I’m running a sealed room though but I appreciate the reply brother.

As this is an option brother I forgot to mention I’m running a sealed room my bad

If you don’t mind my asking are you in California? Just wondering what your kw/h is peak or mid peak, off peak, super off peak ?thanks bro
I’m in Arizona! I had a sealed room as well with elevated CO2. Made a world of difference when I started exchanging air. CO2 costs went up but such is life.

Back