DEA Rescheduling Cannabis

Yah, i had my hopes up when obama was promising promises. He didn't get a vote from me, his second run. I dunno if biden has the balls, he was never very pot friendly. And...maybe it has nothing much to do with presidents, as the dea has final say, and way back when, i was researching the job descriptions for being head of the dea, and part of that was to oppose legalization by any means. Didn't say any 'legal means', either. I dunno if the dea can be pressured by public opinion, or lobbyists that are 'for' legalization.

How/why does the DEA get the final say?!
Because they intentionally made it as impossible to ever legalize as they could, in my honest opinion.
Years ago, i tried to find the place where fed law originally had the phrase 'lawful user'. It was buried so deep...almost as if they were trying to hide the fact that there are/were legal users. Imagine that.

More important is how/why can they ignore the opinion of their own Administrative Law Judge Francis Young, who stated the following.

“In strict medical terms marijuana is far safer than many foods we commonly consume. For example, eating 10 raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death. Marijuana in its natural form is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. By any measure of rational analysis marijuana can be safely used within the supervised routine of medical care."

regardless of the scheduling ill continue to grow my own meds but it would be nice to know what it feels like for my garden to not be Illegal........maybe one day.

peace

From my understanding there are at least three other avenues...
- The president could sign an executive order reclassifying/declassifying.
- Congress could pass legislation.
- The Supreme Court could strike down current laws as unconstitutional.
It is also my understanding that if the DEA wanted to change the law against the president's desires, the president can just start firing/replacing DoJ appointees until they fall in line.

It's a fuk'd up system. :dazed053:

I thought it going schedule 3 was almost a done deal. Big pharma wants it to be there’s. They make and sell molecules and will do their best to keep the raw forms as prohibited as possible. I can see them suing the feds for lack of enforcement in legal states. We are far from legal and schedule 3 may prove to be worse. It’s still safer than most schedule 4 drugs like Xanax, ambien, Valium, etc.

Back