Dark Heart Nursery Identifies Cannabis Pathogen, Hop Latent Viroid (dudding)

Hey Rev, I'm with Variety, I don't see dud in that plant. I've seen plants look like that from using calmag, light tox, and salt buildup in coco as well as what Variety mentioned.

Once you flower it out, here's an example of what to look for. (Again, I don't see dud in your plant at all). This is a healthy flowered deadwood vs a dudded flowered deadwood.

This one is healthy. Good size and crystal content.
attachment.php

Here is a Deadwood that I tried to reacquire locally after she was passed throughout the med scene...yes, that is the apicle. Horrible growth structure, size, and crystal content. The fan leaves were tiny. Very little smell from an exceptionally smelling plant:
attachment.php

Here is a single example of THE badly dudded Gorilla Glue I was passed years ago, it's a little more subtle. The leaf you see is the LARGEST fan leaf on the plant, and they never got bigger. GG kicks out some very large fan leaves. This plant was slow growing, had stems that couldn't support their own weight and bent down easily, and that snapped clean off with the slightest amount of pressure...the buds were similar to the deadwood above, nothing like the healthy version.
attachment.php

Hey Rev, I'm with Variety, I don't see dud in that plant. I've seen plants look like that from using calmag, light tox, and salt buildup in coco as well as what Variety mentioned.

Once you flower it out, here's an example of what to look for. (Again, I don't see dud in your plant at all). This is a healthy flowered deadwood vs a dudded flowered deadwood.

This one is healthy. Good size and crystal content.
attachment.php

Here is a Deadwood that I tried to reacquire locally after she was passed throughout the med scene...yes, that is the apicle. Horrible growth structure, size, and crystal content. The fan leaves were tiny. Very little smell from an exceptionally smelling plant:
attachment.php

Here is a single example of THE badly dudded Gorilla Glue I was passed years ago, it's a little more subtle. The leaf you see is the LARGEST fan leaf on the plant, and they never got bigger. GG kicks out some very large fan leaves. This plant was slow growing, had stems that couldn't support their own weight and bent down easily, and that snapped clean off with the slightest amount of pressure...the buds were similar to the deadwood above, nothing like the healthy version.
attachment.php
Perfect example right there! Do you k ow how old the clone was when it started dudding? All the duds I have seen personally were from older cuts. I got some back a few years ago from a friend and they were like half dudding where o my certain branches we’re doing it but I cleaned em with phyton 27 and physan20 and I got the IBg to put out perfect flowers again. Eventually though when they get neglected it came back. And once they go full did they are done or at least nothing I have tried worked. I got to dig up those pics I have of the full veg duds.

Thanks Lithium. So it sounds like the most obvious symptoms that can be detected in veg are the stunted size/slow growth and the weak petiole or branch thing. Those seem easy enough to keep an eye out for and recognize. When I'm vegging younger plants/clones, I have a thing I do to toughen them up where I put the top 1/3 of the plant between my fingers and I agitate it back and forth, making it do a vigourous side-to-side dance. If any plant has the plague, it's going to shed leaves and branches when I do that, so I'm thinking my already existing plant care style happens to be a very good dud-test!

EDIT: Wow eh, I spelled vigorous like a Canadian... what's up with that eh?

Perfect example right there! Do you k ow how old the clone was when it started dudding? All the duds I have seen personally were from older cuts. I got some back a few years ago from a friend and they were like half dudding where o my certain branches we’re doing it but I cleaned em with phyton 27 and physan20 and I got the IBg to put out perfect flowers again. Eventually though when they get neglected it came back. And once they go full did they are done or at least nothing I have tried worked. I got to dig up those pics I have of the full veg duds.

No idea. A few oregon growers acquired the cut here back in the day and passed it around pretty thoroughly.

The dud spread HEAVILY among the med scene here in Oregon. Bad husbandry, inability to diagnose, and the pressure to bring ANY offer to the table on a trade exacerbated the scenario.

Back