Curing up some Bubba

gr8fuldawg

Had my humidifier for my drying tent break, was wondering if I'm on the right track for curing this. Cut it when the outside was fairly dry, and stems weren't near snapping. Put it into a tupperwear, and the humidity has been rising to around 70%. took the lid of earlier for a bit, and looks to be hangin around 65, which I heard is ideal.(???)

There was a pretty good thread about how to get a perfect cure every time, and it got me thinking on a theory. Wouldn't it be better if you fast dried a plant, say in 25% humidity till the outside is a bit dry, and then sweat it out in a tupperwear till the humidity pretty much stays at the sweet spot? Or would it be better to slow dry in a room of around 50%, then jar em up?

would take a lot more time cause you have to burp multiple time/day to not get that hay smell, but my passion for the ganj is back ten fold. Like I fell back in love with miss mary Jane

happy labor day to all. mom stepdad and lil bro made a surprise visit a couple days ago, been nice spending time with them. hope everyone had a good weekend.

katsu bubba>>. gotta be one of my top 3 buzz's, she's definitely a 9+/10 for me. She's got a new york attitude, she'll let ya know if your not treating her right. This batch came out pretty good, but will be better next time. Ive had a dirty room downstairs, in my mind, everywhere, was in a toxic relationship, etc. No purple golfballs on that run. now that she's back to bein my girl, she's shining for me. Taking her to japan for sushi on the next run
picture.php

picture.php

Gr8ful, i don't know whether a fast dry at low humidity or a slow dry is better, but I think one thing that's important is not to dry your plants too WARM, because that will volatize/remove the terpenes faster, thus decreasing flavor.

Personally I like getting them to almost the point of stem snap, then doing the tupperware/box cure.

Looks good from here and I agree with a slow well thought out cure...enjoy and take care and stay safe.

thanks for the replies. i was thinking if your always keeping an eye on the humidity, a lot of sweating would be better. just like for us humanoids. This is pure headstash, in the future I'm sure ill dry slow, but ill do this as a comparison and hopefully bump this thread with my thoughts. holding around 66% after an hour in the tupperwear. Burpin when it gets to 66%, and will let stay untouched once its stable at 62-65%

:puffpuffpass:

That high of humidity can create mold. Once it get's warm the mold will start to grow.
The idea is to slowly bring the moisture down to about 6 to 10% with in the plant, than jar or other container it and burp out the moisture slowly again. Most cured bud will have a 2 to 5% moisture content to it and extremely dried bud is less than 2% (down to 0) moisture to it.
That does look pretty Bud, nice color's.

That high of humidity can create mold. Once it get's warm the mold will start to grow.
The idea is to slowly bring the moisture down to about 6 to 10% with in the plant, than jar or other container it and burp out the moisture slowly again. Most cured bud will have a 2 to 5% moisture content to it and extremely dried bud is less than 2% (down to 0) moisture to it.
That does look pretty Bud, nice color's.

been rising to about 67% in my tupperwear overnight. They have a 100+ page writeup over at icmag, should only be about 5 pages. Pretty much has it down where if your not going above 70% with drying and curing, the mold isn't much of a factor. Smelling danker by the day here, put it into a mason jar last night and the humidity rose to 75% in an hour or so, back in the tupperwear hangin around 65% and doing good. stems still don't feel near snapping, smoke is smooth and strong.

I think you are on the right track. So many people want to speed dry herb so they can start smoking it and/or flip it. I just cut down my best batch to date. I did the paper bag dry approach. It allowed my to slow the drying process down without being too dangerous. I managed to make it 7 days this time. It is a work in process, but I think getting the most smell/flavor out of your bud should be everyone's goal. Once it breaks 65% you should be able to leave it for days at a time without having to burp. That is at least what I read, but then again, I'm getting ready to make a new post on the process specifically targeting terpenes and aroma.

You must spread some Manna around before giving it to 180 again.

Back