cuban black haze

kushyman

thanks to the gifter of these decade or so old s1's..and yes i will do my best to grow/select and repro

started 6 seeds..one was totally genetically fk'd..couldn't even clone it[more gnarly wld look]

other 5 are cloned and the moms are in flower
each plant looked different but quite nld
..and they are flowering the same..
how are they gonna be..?

we will see

grateful to get to try another legendcbh 9.jpg

Last edited:
Kushyman,

looking good and it looks like i see some frost starting to develop. how far along are they?

not as long as some of the ones i am growing..but i hear over a 100 days ..

i think the cobs may bring finish time down..yeh it hints at frost..we will see ..

its obviously some sort of hybrid..am i excited

thanks to the gifter of these decade or so old s1's..and yes i will do my best to grow/select and repro

started 6 seeds..one was totally genetically fk'd..couldn't even clone it[more gnarly wld look]

other 5 are cloned and the moms are in flower
each plant looked different but quite nld
..and they are flowering the same..
how are they gonna be..?

we will see

grateful to get to try another legend

Is that the Bandaid Haze? Have you ever smoked any of that? If so what was it like?

I think bodhi has grown this one, think i heard him mention it in a podcast as being a very piffy kind of NY haze.

Hope its a good one!

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

i recently acquired some Cuban Black Haze x Northern Light beans. hopefully the NL will bring down the flowering time.
i also was also gifted some OS SSH X (Cuban Black Haze x NL)

Last edited:
Always awesome when someone saves an epic strain. Old pure genetics are getting hard to find..

Isn't this your entry last month, if so man I voted for it. She just looked fat, thick and greasy bro.

Did I hear you say something about seed making soon? hehe. love to add heirlooms to any collection..

nice share Kushyman... and Alabaster cracked me up with his "how many years to flower" LOL

no its not the entry ..thanks for the vote bro

i have gone 100+ days before only to be let down..

perhaps this is one of the seeds of my life time i hope..i hope..

repros are my lot in life at this time..someones a gotta do it

and i am one of em

We in the growing world appreciate your efforts in searching for the lost "schtuff" .

You ARE the chosen one... lol. and here I am thinking 70 days is to long... hehe

its my lot in life..thanks cartman

bart ..its not the time it takes to flower

its the endless..

"not quite what i was hoping for" grows..

ok its the time it takes to flower too LOL..

newest clones inflower of cbh 1.2 3.4.5[6 was gnarly semi wld and would not clone]

mm..squat[not]

Attachments

• newest cbh.jpg
    newest cbh.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 13
There seems to be a few different black haze cuts floating around. Apparently different families in Florida held different cuts. JJ-NYC states there is a brown cut and a green cut. I THINK bodhi used the green cut, but I am not certain. I know that top dawg used the green cut in his crosses like tres haze and black Nigerian. He now has the brown cut that he used in his uptown brown that he just released. He states the brown cut IS the NYC piff. (Frankensence, sandlewood, slight ammonia and Catpiss. The cbh x nl5 from bodhi was mostly nl5 dom. Out of the 10 seeds I popped I only found one cbh leaning male. I had a female that had the cbh structure but the terps were more nl5 and the flowering time was quick. I just source the brown cut that jj has but it’s still rooting so I won’t know for quite a while. I am expecting some flower samples soon. I’m excited to see what you come up with [MENTION=3818]kushyman[/MENTION] what type of smells are you getting?

hi piffguy..good reply..

s1 seeds came from reversed florida cbh..

seen photos of the brown you talk of looks just like an 1989 hz/ nl5 hz pheno planti had from nevils seed..

...so far the cbh look is green on the ones i have..way more sativa than any hz xnl5 i grew since the 1989 ones..which all looked a lot nl5

jj has a brown piff/uptown hz/cbh and is selling in seed form?

[of course its the real thing when marketing..just like chimera..]

smell..light perfume so far..and an "interesting"perfume at that

please upload photo's of any you get..i am wrong country

bodhi crossed cbh with A5haze...

hi piffguy..good reply..

s1 seeds came from reversed florida cbh..

seen photos of the brown you talk of looks just like an 1989 hz/ nl5 hz pheno planti had from nevils seed..

...so far the cbh look is green on the ones i have..way more sativa than any hz xnl5 i grew since the 1989 ones..which all looked a lot nl5

jj has a brown piff/uptown hz/cbh and is selling in seed form?

[of course its the real thing when marketing..just like chimera..]

smell..light perfume so far..and an "interesting"perfume at that

please upload photo's of any you get..i am wrong country

bodhi crossed cbh with A5haze...

So there’s a big controversy going on that just unfolded last night regarding that “brown” cut.

Apparently it is a bagseed, same story as chimera... yawn

Jj as well as a bunch of others were fooled I suppose.

To answer your question jj used this brown cut and crossed it to a mango/a5 male and is selling it as a strain labeled “uptown brown” they sold out within 5 minutes when they were dropped on seeds here now about a month ago.

I spoke to jj this morning and although it’s apparently a bagseed and not the original cut it is still the closest thing he has ever ran to the piff/puday from NYC back in the late 90s/early 2000s

Bodhi did cross cbh with a5 haze. Which doc d is now working AKA the “bandaid haze” during that time bodhi also crossedthe cbh with nl5 and those are the testers he gave me. Those were never released.

I will compile all the brown cut photos I can find. I have not personally tried the flower yet so I can not speak on that but if it fooled jj and others then I believe it is close to the puday/piff

On another note, swampboys aka krome and Ricky just handed out testers of haze x white91 at necann. The strain is called waze. I will say I did smoke the haze mom they used in that cut and it is very reminiscent of the piff. More church than anything it’s all frankensence and missing those Catpiss ammonia notes from the better nyc puday, but it’s very good and I would love to have the cut. Unfortunately their source will not allow them to give the cut out. I am running a pack of those waze beans now but they are still early in veg

THE PIFF HUNT CONTINUES

Back