Components needed to make feed lines?

BreezeEazy

Hola Cabana! Been on a hiatus for awhile. Trying to find out what is used to feed the plants in a setup like the 2 pictures I included are. I've only done sprayers tapped into pvc before and nothing like this. Going to run one of these aero/nft systems. Pretty sure I want to feed like this instead of running pvc up through the fence post.

Attachments

• med_gallery_25934_2956_2415.jpg
    med_gallery_25934_2956_2415.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 5
  • med_gallery_25934_2956_36948.jpg
    med_gallery_25934_2956_36948.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 7
Hey Breeze, good to see ya. I have never in my wildest dreams built an NFT system. Just stopping by to say Hello.

Hope all is well 180!

Edit: I think I figured it out. Screw in nipple instead of a sprayer, hose, sprayer.

Last edited:
I am no nft expert, but i see one problem with the setup you have shown, size. I am betting that the fence posts will rapidly fill with root mass preventing the flow of water. I could be wrong as I have never used this method to grow, but I know others that have run into this issue when operating a similar setup:D

2b2s

I was concerned about the potential root mass getting big so I did go with the 5" post instead of the 4 inch. Admittedly, stink bud has used this setup and others, but Im doing it slightly different due to our states laws. I'm not going to load one of these up and I plan on putting it on an angle to naturally drain. Hopefully this helps?

Last edited:
Thanks muggles! I've done DWC but not something like this before so I'm still a virgin to it. Will PM you for sure. I like having multiple to reference because you can really learn a lot with different perspectives. I ordered a brute container for my res, 33 gallon i think in white, safe hdpe plastic. Thinking 3-4' long post, one end capped, other end slides into garbage can. Want to LST my plants. Still want to run my soilless while playing with hydro.

Really want to make sure I'm able to break this apart for cleaning.

keep it simple stupid.(KISS) That is one of Stinkbuds favorite sayings. This system is designed the best way for using an aero/nft style hydro system, imho. It is a well thought out system that works amazingly well with zero alterations. Ya don't have to re-invent the wheel. Having the pvc manifold with the sprayers attached in the fence post will work much better than with tubes. I'd be afraid that those lines will be a drag when you disassemble for cleaning, or possibly clog. It just seems to complicate an already simple system. The PVC manifold keeps ridgid so roots aren't a problem. The only change I would make is the extra ball cocks to expedite changeovers. Try one with the simplicity that Stinkbud designed it, before you go and get all that fancy shit. I've run these systems since 2009, and with the 4" fence posts too. I never had an issue with the roots plugging ever.

Once the roots pack it in, it becomes an NFT system. There is no more aero. It's much more of an nft system than an aero system by far to begin with, but it works very well. The Stinkbud Aerovegger is true pure aero, and growth rates are amazingly fast. Hence the 250 watt metal halide instead of 400, or larger. It would grow too fast. These systems are designed for a perpetual garden cycle. There's a 3 week turn around. 3 weeks growing roots in the aerocloner, 3 weeks with the aerovegger, and once you get 3 of the aero/nft sytems going, with 9 week strains. You harvest a rack every 3 weeks, and replace that rack with plants from the aerovegger. At least a lb every 3 weeks. More like 2lbs though from my experience with a 1k for each 6, or 8 plant rack.

Last edited:
Late to the thread, but I've actually seen these employed to grow veggies.Probably everyone has seen those at some point.Interesting that I thought it would work well for our fave plant as well.I'm still interested for outdoor vegetable gardening as it might be a tad difficult to do in a tent. :)

Back