Commercial Portable AC for indoor grow

guerilla1277

freedom fighter
Hello cabana, I'm hoping you all can help me out with some info. I'm thinking of getting a Commercial portable AC for a below ground garage where I couldnt put a regular AC or mini split.

I'm looking at something like this -
wpc-9000_product_img.png
https://portableairconditionersinc....0-37000-btuhr-3-ton-portable-air-conditioner/

I'm just wondering if anybody has ever used one of these in an indoor setup and if they are comparable to a regular AC or mini split. Any info or advice is appreciated.

Take care and stay safe

guerilla

Last edited:
19 amps whoa beast but i think ya need these to really make it better .
Accessories12″ Exhaust Flange Adapter
Condenser Return Adapter
12″ Condenser Discharge Kit
Easy Install Condensate Pump Kit with Overflow Protection
Someone getting cereal
:swordfight:

Why do you need so many BTU's?

Also I have found getting mini - splits installed in a tight spot easiest ... They have pre-charged units with quick connects ... only con is they are not as efficient ...

The garage is underground with pretty thick concrete walls so I'm not sure if the mini split will work. Theres a possibility of me running 8 or 9 kws in there so that should be just enough btus.

Definitely looks like those "options" are pretty necessary Pa, ill have to do some more research.

Thanks for the responses!

Hey slips, do u have any advice on getting a mini split setup down there without drilling thru the concrete or damaging the house?

Last edited:
The those commercial portable ac's have to have an area for the air in out ... why can't you just wire the min split through ... I have drilled though a few feet of concrete it ws as bad as I thought :p

Last edited:
I had one, but not that powerful. I gave it to a Cabana member when I got my central air unit installed. As I recall, it wasn't very efficient for the size of the room I wanted to use it in. More for a closet grow.

I had one, but not that powerful. I gave it to a Cabana member when I got my central air unit installed. As I recall, it wasn't very efficient for the size of the room I wanted to use it in. More for a closet grow.

Thats exactly what I thought alabaster. Thanks for the first hand info.

Slips, I have a small door that goes out under my back deck that I planned to use to vent, but after reading alabasters post I think it's too much $ for too little cooling.

Thanks again everyone for the info.

nice portable unit..but you gotta get rid of a lot of heat it produces

re mini splits ..bro you gotta drill through some thing ..i would go through wood..only a small hole..

nice portable unit..but you gotta get rid of a lot of heat it produces

re mini splits ..bro you gotta drill through some thing ..i would go through wood..only a small hole..
yeah most mini splits i seen its just a 1.5 inch to 2 inch hole .
That is an easy future repair or reroute for house use ?

Mini split was my first idea but I'm hesitant to drill through a foot of concrete. Maybe there's cinder blocks beneath the facade but I guess that could be trouble too if I actually break one.

Either way I really appreciate the input. I can always count on the cabana for help.

Back