Colombia Gold and some Chem 91 (IC Collective)

duzt

Grass Blowing Artist
Been a long while since I've been here so I thought I'd post a few of the old school girls. Also haven't had a chance to do an outdoor grow for a few years since I was in the indoor world in the Bay area working with a few different collectives. Finally got fed up and quit the legal side so back to actually enjoying growing again. Here's my 30 year old seeds of Colombia Gold and some Chem 91 from IC Collective. I purchased from them for years at a few different collectives and found 2 seeds in a bulk pound a few years back and finally popped them. Super chunky short fast Chem stank pheno and a tall solid but less bulky and much slower huge sativa that absolutely reeks of Chem. Also have my Kona x Catpiss that I've been backcrossing for 15 years in the dirt and some Kona x Cookies testers that I made a few years ago.

Attachments

• Chem91fat.jpg
    Chem91fat.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Chemfat close.jpg
    Chemfat close.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Chem91tallskinny.jpg
    Chem91tallskinny.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Colombia Gold.jpg
    Colombia Gold.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 13
can you tell me more about the col gold?

i have been seriously growing various old colombians for the last few years

these flowered out doors at what latitude ?

looking good

i am growing 80's colombian gold from seeds that were in a fridge since then

in canada in the 70's we basically only got heirloom hybrid colombian..that had leb wide leaf crossed to it

i have a giant out door plant up here well in flower..they are beautiful..but

yours looks so non messed with and so colombian gold!

i hope you made some seeds from them

please continue to post the finish

i have colombian red indoors..it is a wonderful plant ,i am so fortunate ,gg sent me them to repro

yours looks perfect..we need these saved..

all the best

Hey Kushyman, good to see you're still on here. I lived in Brazil for 5 years from 95 to 2000 and traveled all over South America collecting genetics. Brazil didn't have any landrace genetics (white widow being Brazilian genetics is a myth), most of the genetics in Brazil came out of Paraguay. I traveled mostly in the southern part of Colombia and these were gifted to me by some old growers I met there that claimed it to be an old Gold they had passed around to family. You never know for sure but what they were growing and the effects sure looked and felt on point. I have quite a few Colombians I still haven't popped from people I met on trips (and some Colombian IBL from Loran) but I've been afraid to try them figuring they won't finish. I went through a rough separation last year and thought I lost my genetics collection and could only find a few options so figured I'd give these a try. I got 1 male and 1 female and when I transplanted the female my dog ate it down to 2 little side shoots and I thought it was gone. It managed to survive and was about a month behind the rest. It started flowing a month after the other plants but went from a foot to 7 feet in a crazy 2 week stretch. I still don't see her finishing until November but I'm in an area in Northern California (near Loran) that allows for that. She's putting on some weight now and getting really greasy. I used the male to pollinate a branch of everything I'm growing this year so will have some interesting projects next year. Especially the Colombian x (Kona x Catpiss). Here's the Kona Gold x Catpiss, she's been everybody's favorite for a lot of years.

Attachments

• kp091620.jpg
    kp091620.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I’ve also spent too much time looking at that col g picture, she is a beauty for sure!

This is the Col. G after being eaten by my dog, then with the others (she's the small one) and then a week into stretch. The close is 2 weeks ago when she finally started flowering.

Attachments

• cgeaten.jpg
    cgeaten.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 6
  • cgstretch.jpg
    cgstretch.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 10
  • cgclose.jpg
    cgclose.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 5
  • cgsmall.jpg
    cgsmall.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 6
congrats on a male and female..your dog has taste anyway

nice comeback..sounds like great growing place

i have grown kona..its very good but too much sedation for me

the col gold looks untouched..

please do your best to preserve it ..imho hybrids with other just make another hybrid..

the originals are the important ones

once someone tries an original sativa that doesn't contain much sedation..then one can see what a high is all about

there are piles of pure sativa's that have too much sedation for me..

once you get rid of sedation then it is difficult to feel that there is enough potency

BUT..there are rare sativas out there that have the strong high /euphoria and little sedation..

that col gold could be one

for me thats what weed is all about..i can find sedation weed any where

all the best

+1 to Kushyman- that is the hunt I am on as well - Good luck bringing them through harvest!

I've got a bunch of landrace sativas still to test, just haven't had time and I really only use them for breeding unless I find something really unique but none of my landrace sativas have had much body to them over the years, they are all in the head. The Kona I used was definitely sativa effect, not much body at all and really floaty high. The San Diego Catpiss was very sativa as well and in the head but a lot stronger and great for pain relief, they made a great cross. I've worked that one since 2004 so it's pretty stable now and crosses well with everything. The Colombian has really taken off the last few days and is getting really greasy and swelling nicely but she's a huge nitrogen hog so trying to get the soil dialed for her.

Attachments

• cggrease.jpg
    cggrease.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 4
i like the resin on it

plants with body are everywhere

treasure the only in head ones..i sure do...and please repro that colombian

Hey Kushy, she's prego (couple of branches) and everything else is really swollen that got pollinated so the pollen is good and the genetics are safe. Bean, my little dog is out eating leaves every day, she loves it and they're big enough now to handle it. I learned my lesson when transplanting with pothead dogs...

Hey Blackbart, this one came out of Leticia in the south on the Brazilian border. I made a few trips into Peru and Colombia but didn't go as far north as Santa Marta. The people I got it from called it the gold but you never really know. It was really good and very sativa and had a sweet almost coffee like smell, not very similar to any landrace genetics I've grown in the past. This pheno has that same earthy/coffeeish sweetness to it that I can't quite describe, pretty unique. We'll see how she develops in the next month or two, so far I think she's a winner and definitely a good breeding option.

Thanks dragnfly, I think she'll be a keeper. She's got a couple seeded branches so all good. I'm still most impressed with the chem 91 though, she's just so fat and stacked and the nose is proper chemdog. Not sure why some of these are posting sideways, they aren't that way on my phone.

Attachments

• 20200918_171438.jpg
    20200918_171438.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200918_171545.jpg
    20200918_171545.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 6
Hey Duzt great looking 91 and that C gold is just so beautiful. Love hearing stories about collecting genetics in foreign countries. What a life to live, I’m really surprised they are still viable, did you keep them in the freezer this whole time?
Also the sideway pic happens to me on some pictures when I don’t down size them with an app before I upload the to the cabana.

Yeah, everything stays in the freezer and they can be a challenge to germinate sometimes but these were pretty good. I tried to germ some that Loran gave me about 12 years ago that he had done when he got back from Vietnam that he just called California sativa but couldn't get any of those to pop. Some of my 30 year old stuff is getting hard to pop but I usually can get a few to start. It seems like the pictures I take in landscape post normal but the ones I take vertical turn sideways when I post them.

Back