Coco Brick Question

Snookster

Hi Folks!

I'm going to be using coco with roots organics this go 'round, but I was wondering...

If I soak a whole coco brick & only use half of it, when it dries can I re-wet it when I need it again?

It won't be longer than 2 months in between grows.

Can anyone please enlighten me?

Thanks in advance!

i reconstitute the whole brick and break it apart in a large storage tub. I thenuse it as necessary - at that point, it should be no different than opening a bag a loose canna coco. it does dry out, but rewetting it is not a problem. fill a pot with it, transplant your plant into said pot and feed

Thanks Brothers for pinpointing my problem. I "thought" I could re-wet it, but just
wasn't sure!

Dude Man!

Last edited:
Like mentioned cut whats needed dry and store the rest. I did this when I first started using coc and all I got was mold. Maybe if you dry it quickly you might not have a problem but to wet it all would be a waste Im afraid. I miss coco and all hydro I will make it back one day when I have more time.

Good luck you will have fun with the coco

Hey Snook... you know Coco and I go way back, and I'm using those same foods.. cept I'm using a coco based soiless medium

loaded with guanos n goodies.. made by roots organics. I used to use Coco-Tek 5kg bricks. cutting it in half is not that easy and

makes quite a mess so careful where ya do it. I found an easy way. Hammer and screw driver or chisel... drive it half way thru

in the center along a break line, flip it over do the same.. it will break right in half with a little work.

Using coco and your food line, set your pots up a week in advance and start watering them with a light food.. this will begin

the organics coming to life you need in that coco...

make sure you rinse the shit out of that coco unless you are using Canna brand coco coir. I picket up some Growit bricks and they literally killed a round of my plants. FLushed the coco and found out it had about 1000 ppm od salt in it. Took 20 gallons of RO to flush it down under 100 ppm.

Back