Coastal Seed Co - Kauai Electric x ‘72 Thai Stick

gcomputer

These are Kauai Electric x ‘72 Thai Stick from Coastal Seed Co (kagyu1 on IG).
Im partially though this grow, i staggered flower times a bit but I’ve already got some dried bud I’ve been sampling. No thorough opinions yet but they’ll be coming.
There were a couple intersex parts on two of the large ones, likely from me leaving them too dry. None seen since. I have smells that are tropical and a little gassy. A couple have a distinct peanut butter and jelly sandwich smell which is great. The dried plant smells a bit of onions. I started chopping at 11 weeks but I’m leaving some longer if they need it. Pretty uniform F1s, I’m sure there will be more variance in the F2s. The seeds you see are from a couple males I pulled out of the pack to make more. No selection done.

IMG_3185.jpeg
IMG_3187.jpeg
IMG_3186.jpeg

IMG_3200.jpeg

IMG_3202.jpeg
IMG_3178.jpeg

Last edited:
I know a lot of the genetics came via Heime Cheeba who seemed to have a knack for mixing fact with fiction so shenanigans could potentially be at play here also 🫣 a few of Kags pics of things supposed to be in SEAsian realm have looked curiously kushy

pretty fat for Thai wha?

the “electric" names intriguing..always wondered

a friend has a saying “It is what it looks like"
Supposedly the name comes from the traditional location that it was grown in: underneath the power lines on Kauai. On an FCP video he goes over who he acquired it from, the caretaker of the patch under the power lines. He has two versions of the Kauai Electric that he crossed to the Thai Stick. One had some Afghan #1 added down the line, this version is Afghan #1 free. I haven’t grown out any Thai myself but I have a bunch in the quiver I’m going to give a go to compare for sure but that won’t be until the fall.

I know a lot of the genetics came via Heime Cheeba who seemed to have a knack for mixing fact with fiction so shenanigans could potentially be at play here also 🫣 a few of Kags pics of things supposed to be in SEAsian realm have looked curiously kushy
Yep, it’s one of those things I have to grow to see for myself! He does mention Heime frequently but I need to do some more research, it’s a big learning experience trying to explore these types of genetics.

Chopped another at 12 1/2 weeks.
View attachment 360065

View attachment 360066

And here are some floppers in the tent still. Need to up my support game!

View attachment 360067View attachment 360068View attachment 360069
What do you think about the long flowering strains? I did several last year and they were okay. After curing and forgetting about them for 6 months in grove bags they were phenomenal! I couldn’t believe the difference and they started to lose their color also. Wow it’s like a battery that was charged. My other strains are all pretty good right out of drying or with a 30 day cure. I ended up keeping one haze x nl2 that was about 100 days. It was just turning amber.

These are Kauai Electric x ‘72 Thai Stick from Coastal Seed Co (kagyu1 on IG).
Im partially though this grow, i staggered flower times a bit but I’ve already got some dried bud I’ve been sampling. No thorough opinions yet but they’ll be coming.
There were a couple intersex parts on two of the large ones, likely from me leaving them too dry. None seen since. I have smells that are tropical and a little gassy. A couple have a distinct peanut butter and jelly sandwich smell which is great. The dried plant smells a bit of onions. I started chopping at 11 weeks but I’m leaving some longer if they need it. Pretty uniform F1s, I’m sure there will be more variance in the F2s. The seeds you see are from a couple males I pulled out of the pack to make more. No selection done.

View attachment 359578
View attachment 359580
View attachment 359579

View attachment 359581

View attachment 359582
View attachment 359583
Nice work! I’ve been collecting Hawaiian seeds for about 10 years now. I was looking for Kauai electric, but haven’t found it yet. I did pick up some seeds on the big island and grew 20 out. Found a super nice pheno of sweet skunk. Ended up loosing it last year by forgetting to take a clone before flowering. There’s a pop up seed stand in the puna district called the buddy system. It’s kind of by chance I found it. When we drove back by it was gone. I’m not even sure it was even there! lol I’m going to pop the other 20 this fall. I also seeded out my keeper plant by chance with a male blue orca haze from swami. I haven’t grown any out yet though. I just need about 10 more spaces to grow these beans out!

What do you think about the long flowering strains? I did several last year and they were okay. After curing and forgetting about them for 6 months in grove bags they were phenomenal! I couldn’t believe the difference and they started to lose their color also. Wow it’s like a battery that was charged. My other strains are all pretty good right out of drying or with a 30 day cure. I ended up keeping one haze x nl2 that was about 100 days. It was just turning amber.
Yeah I haven't given them long in cure at all but what I've chopped so far is a bit 'oniony' and it has a particular taste along with that smell, though not onion. It certainly gets ya high but its tamer so far. I'm gonna have to give it a good cure to get an opinion on that! But I hear similar things, the longer the flower time the longer the cure. It's def morning so far when I've been smokin em. I've just been dipping my toes into the longer flowering stuff so it hasn't even been 6 months since I chopped anything long flowering :whacky114:

Back